Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Zimmerman trial

• Please log in to reply
1449 replies to this topic

#1291    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 2,786 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

I live in a mixed neighorhood of all races and there are all kinds of kids walking by with hoddies on.However in our block watch,letters are sent warning us of all the breakins.There are kids out there that breck into the cars, houses that are looking for their dope money.One neighor had his car set on fire and we had big stone threw our car window. One neigbor lady was beat up for trying to stop kids from breaking into her car There is so much mulicious damage done ,its a wonder anyone`s kid is safe or a suspect out there after dark.Maybe we should address the real problem and parents knowing where their kids are and what they are doing at all times. It was said trayon`s parents didn`nt even know he was missing and killed until the next day.They thought he may have went to stay with a consin.

#1292    regi

regi

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 24 July 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

I never said they were infallible. I just wanted to point out that if this Jury "Got it wrong" and caused a "Great Injustice", that it does not fall on anyone but the Prosecution.

I said six others could have come to another decision. I said that despite the presentation of the evidence, the evidence was there.
It's you're opinion that the verdict falls to the prosecution. It's my opinion that despite a lame execution- and a lame investigation for that matter- that there could have been another verdict.

I say juries are fallible; I didn't say you said that. You went off on who is or who isn't responsible for the verdict.
Regardless of efforts by both the prosecution and the defense to get jurors they think are preferable/favorable to their case, they're still working with what the jury pool presents, it's a give-and-take proposition, and it's always a crap-shoot.

(Also, I don't appreciate that you put into quotes words I never said.)

Interesting, because that is the exact same wording that I would use to describe what I base my own opinions on.

If you want to believe that after Martin skipped away, Zimmerman got out of his car to look for a street sign and he walked to Retreat View to get house numbers, but when he got there he instead decided to just stand there in the rain to "fix" his flashlight as he talked with the operator...then hey, whatever floats your boat.

So in other words, you want to cherry pick based on your own judgement and opinion, which liars to believe and what evidence you will believe is substantial and which can be ignored.

I don't know how to explain this any simpler. One takes the lie, the change, the embellishment, or the "remembered detail" and asks how each and every one of those benefits the person.

What contradicted Zimmerman's story? The part where she said he is coming up behind?

I was speaking to the dialogue when I said that, but yes, that part of her testimony actually correlates with what Zimmerman told Singleton..."when I was walking back toward him."
Re: the dialogue, what Jeantel testified to offers a very different scenario from what Zimmerman described.

Thankfully the details did not show any criminal actions or intent and GZ was allowed to walk away Free.

You say "thankfully" after you've stated that "no one knows"? Interesting.

Edited by regi, 25 July 2013 - 12:01 PM.

#1293    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 3,665 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

View Postregi, on 25 July 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

If you want to believe that after Martin skipped away, Zimmerman got out of his car to look for a street sign and he walked to Retreat View to get house numbers, but when he got there he instead decided to just stand there in the rain to "fix" his flashlight as he talked with the operator...then hey, whatever floats your boat.

I can absolutely believe that.    Except I hadn't heard that Trayvon skipped.   Is that true?

#1294    Ryinrea

Ryinrea

Princess of Yang

• 2,586 posts

• "Clark, you can't save the world. All you'll end up with is a messiah complex and a lot of enemies." -Lex Luthor Smallville

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

We've got another Juror who is coming out B29. She says he got away with murder but the law made her confused. Derp.  She was one the ones that wanted to convict but was confused by the law and instructions that Judge Nelson gave. The things I am hearing about this jury is making me even angrier at the  entire system.. She could've been the person that hanged the jury but noooooo she voted with the other women,  so she could leave. This just proves,to me this was a fake ass trail or show trail. He was in no jeopardy thus we could in fact ask the appeals court to throw out this verdict and re try  him under the feds. This whole thing was a farce even the police did a poor job at collecting evidence, but hey its Flori-duh they elected Rick Scot( convicted for Medicare fraud). The irony in that would be the fact Florida is were retirees goes too spend their last days and some of them are on Medicare.............

Edited by Ryinrea, 25 July 2013 - 09:05 PM.

“In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.” - Thomas Jefferson

#1295    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 4,377 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:29 PM

View PostRyinrea, on 25 July 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

He was in no jeopardy thus we could in fact ask the appeals court to throw out this verdict and re try  him under the feds.
no we can't, the jury have spoken, (doesn't matter what they say now), they found him not guilty. that is all there is to it.  get over it, move on. you don't like the verdict, though s,,.,t.

Edited by aztek, 25 July 2013 - 09:29 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#1296    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 3,665 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

View PostRyinrea, on 25 July 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

We've got another Juror who is coming out B29. She says he got away with murder but the law made her confused. Derp.  She was one the ones that wanted to convict but was confused by the law and instructions that Judge Nelson gave. The things I am hearing about this jury is making me even angrier at the  entire system.. She could've been the person that hanged the jury but noooooo she voted with the other women,  so she could leave. This just proves,to me this was a fake ass trail or show trail. He was in no jeopardy thus we could in fact ask the appeals court to throw out this verdict and re try  him under the feds. This whole thing was a farce even the police did a poor job at collecting evidence, but hey its Flori-duh they elected Rick Scot( convicted for Medicare fraud). The irony in that would be the fact Florida is were retirees goes too spend their last days and some of them are on Medicare.............

I think the jurors are being cohersed by the media.    This was not a staged trial.   That is utter nonsense.   This was a fair trial and is over with.    You sound like sour grapes.

#1297    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 9,554 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

Deal with it.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#1298    Ryinrea

Ryinrea

Princess of Yang

• 2,586 posts

• "Clark, you can't save the world. All you'll end up with is a messiah complex and a lot of enemies." -Lex Luthor Smallville

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

View Postaztek, on 25 July 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

no we can't, the jury have spoken, (doesn't matter what they say now), they found him not guilty. that is all there is to it.  get over it, move on. you don't like the verdict, though s,,.,t.
Yes if their is evidence of judge tampering or even jury tampering under Florida's law we can throw out his verdict. He was not in jeopardy thus double Jeopardy wouldn't apply

View PostSweetpumper, on 25 July 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

Deal with it.
No I will not deal with it if I see an injustice system I was bring it up.

View PostMyles, on 25 July 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

I think the jurors are being cohersed by the media. This was not a staged trial.   That is utter nonsense.   This was a fair trial and is over with. You sound like sour grapes.

So these juror's are being cohered by the media to say these things.  Your sounding like a broken record a little bit  Myles, since I bring up facts that provide my theory of this being a staged trail with weight. Your the one that sounds a bit  worried because the stuff coming out proves this was a show trail.

Edited by Ryinrea, 25 July 2013 - 09:58 PM.

“In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.” - Thomas Jefferson

#1299    regi

regi

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

View PostMyles, on 25 July 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

I can absolutely believe that.  

:lol:

Either you do or you don't or you simply don't know.

View PostMyles, on 25 July 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

Except I hadn't heard that Trayvon skipped.   Is that true?

Zimmerman either lied to the dispatcher or he lied to Hannity.  Take your pick.

#1300    F3SS

F3SS

Alien Abducter

• 5,413 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

View PostMyles, on 25 July 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

I think the jurors are being cohersed by the media.    This was not a staged trial.   That is utter nonsense.   This was a fair trial and is over with.    You sound like sour grapes.

I disagree. This trial was entirely staged. Not really staged but it was a media production. You know what I mean.

View PostRyinrea, on 25 July 2013 - 09:56 PM, said:

Yes if their is evidence of judge tampering or even jury tampering under Florida's law we can throw out his verdict. He was not in jeopardy thus double Jeopardy wouldn't apply

No I will not deal with it if I see an injustice system I was bring it up.

So these juror's are being cohered by the media to say these things.  Your sounding like a broken record a little bit  Myles, since I bring up facts that provide my theory of this being a staged trail with weight. Your the one that sounds a bit  worried because the stuff coming out proves this was a show trail.

Ya know, this is not a unique case by any means. There are many similar ones happening all the time. Sometimes the one standing trial is found to be just, sometimes they're not. Sure a different group of people could find a different verdict but there is no better way. You want 'professional' jurors whose pockets would get lined by the connections they make over the years? There would be no end to the corruption in that situation. George walked and that sucks for you but it's over.

The jurors words:

She revealed that she wanted to convict Zimmerman of second-degree murder, and “fought to the end” before finally voting to acquit.

“I was the juror that was going to give them the hung jury. I fought to the end,” she said.

But on the second day of deliberations, she said, she realized there wasn’t enough evidence to convict Zimmerman of second-degree murder or of manslaughter, which the jury was also allowed to consider.

They key word here is wanted. She wanted. That's emotion. She realized that and came to her senses.
The key statement is the last sentence.
She's an angry minority who was talked into using her brain instead of her emotions. Her saying George got away with murder is her emotions speaking and holds as much weight as you saying it. It's no smoking gun.

Edited by F3SS, 25 July 2013 - 11:08 PM.

Posted Image

#1301    F3SS

F3SS

Alien Abducter

• 5,413 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:56 PM

Posted Image

#1302    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 4,377 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:20 PM

Yes if their is evidence
but there isn't. so deal with it. i have a feeling even if you saw a video clearly showing TM attacking, and confirming Z's story, you would still find problems with it,
all i know Z did state of FL a favor,, by taking another thug out.. TM attacked, and got what he deserved.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#1303    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 14,745 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:07 AM

If there is evidence of problems with the judge, then I'd agree. But the only problem I saw with the Judge was that she kept trying to get GZ to convict himself by trying to trip him up with loaded questions.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#1304    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 14,745 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:10 AM

View Postregi, on 25 July 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

You say "thankfully" after you've stated that "no one knows"? Interesting.
Yes, because I would always fault to the side of NOT imprisoning an individual when there is Doubt as to if that person did a crime or not.

Isn't that what our law has been based on for 200+ years?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#1305    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,171 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:28 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 26 July 2013 - 02:10 AM, said:

Yes, because I would always fault to the side of NOT imprisoning an individual when there is Doubt as to if that person did a crime or not.

Isn't that what our law has been based on for 200+ years?

Without that people would still be lynched in the nearest tree by an angry mob...reminiscent of the KKK.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users