Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Zimmerman trial

• Please log in to reply
1449 replies to this topic

#16    Papagiorgio

Papagiorgio

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

• I'm just saying.

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostAaronsmom, on 13 June 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

I don't feel a need to challenge any of your sadly revealing remarks, Myles. You make your bias and attitude crystal clear. Actually, I'm glad you shared your views--as nauseating as they are--because you prove in bold type my original observation that this crime has already starkly divided people in this country. Tragically, the divide is along racial lines of course. White racists will undoubtedly get behind the argument of self-defense...will even embrace George Zimmerman as a hero. The rest of the population can see how wrong and ill-advised Zimmerman's series of choices and actions were the night Martin died. Most of this sector is fairly confident of the motive, too. Racism. You can parse words with me, Myles, if you choose. It doesn't make your attitude more solvent or any less transparent. I won't concern myself with the opinions of an ignorant racist (and that includes all of them).
This entire post is an Ad Hominem attack. It's uncalled for and out of line, and you should be ashamed of posting.

I'm just saying.

#17    Aaronsmom

Aaronsmom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

Well I'm not! Sorry to disappoint you.

#18    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 5,396 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

I don't feel a need to challenge any of your sadly revealing remarks, Myles. You make your bias and attitude crystal clear. Actually, I'm glad you shared your views--as nauseating as they are--because you prove in bold type my original observation that this crime has already starkly divided people in this country. Tragically, the divide is along racial lines of course. White racists will undoubtedly get behind the argument of self-defense...will even embrace George Zimmerman as a hero. The rest of the population can see how wrong and ill-advised Zimmerman's series of choices and actions were the night Martin died. Most of this sector is fairly confident of the motive, too. Racism. You can parse words with me, Myles, if you choose. It doesn't make your attitude more solvent or any less transparent. I won't concern myself with the opinions of an ignorant racist (and that includes all of them).

You are so far off base Aaronsmom.   Obvioulsy you are one who likes to throw the race card out there at any time.
I agree there are some white racists who are on the side of George.    You failed to point out the black racists on the side of Trayvon.  Very convenient.

I won't apologize for pointing out untrue statements that you use.

#19    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 5,396 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

View PostAaronsmom, on 13 June 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

Well I'm not! Sorry to disappoint you.

By the way, can you explain where I gave you a racist impression?   Siding with George is not racist.

#20    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 3,004 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

Hey, Aaronsmom, I look forward to your thoughts/insights of the court proceedings and the evidence as it's presented during the trial.
I always find your posts to be very comprehensive, well thought-out, and no doubt about it, courteous. :nw:

I forgot to mention...considerate. :tu:

I want to add that I hope the discussion can progress on topic.

Edited by regi, 13 June 2013 - 07:38 PM.

#21    Aaronsmom

Aaronsmom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:11 PM

Regi I understand what you're saying. I know people don't like to see posters on forums to get contentious or personal. Ordinarily, I abhor such behavior and I make every good-faith effort to stay away from that kind of thing, even when I disagree with someone vehemently. But I draw the line when it comes to trolls. An example of a troll is one who comes on an Internet discussion board and makes highly provocative, controversial, offensive and/or inflammatory comments, then jumps in aggressively to fight everyone who challenges anything he or she says. I don't feel I owe a troll respect or courtesy. I can assure you, though, I have no intention of continuing hostilities, fanning flames, responding further to the person in question, and I am happy to stay on topic as the matter concerns all other users.

#22    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 5,396 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

View PostAaronsmom, on 13 June 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

Regi I understand what you're saying. I know people don't like to see posters on forums to get contentious or personal. Ordinarily, I abhor such behavior and I make every good-faith effort to stay away from that kind of thing, even when I disagree with someone vehemently. But I draw the line when it comes to trolls. An example of a troll is one who comes on an Internet discussion board and makes highly provocative, controversial, offensive and/or inflammatory comments, then jumps in aggressively to fight everyone who challenges anything he or she says. I don't feel I owe a troll respect or courtesy. I can assure you, though, I have no intention of continuing hostilities, fanning flames, responding further to the person in question, and I am happy to stay on topic as the matter concerns all other users.

Interesting how you contradict yourself in the bolded print.  

Here are some of your comments about me where I had not personally attacked you at all (if I had, please show me).
"I'm glad you shared your views--as nauseating as they are"
" You can parse words with me, Myles, if you choose. It doesn't make your attitude more solvent or any less transparent. I won't concern myself with the opinions of an ignorant racist"

Trolling at it's worst - by you.

Then you say you have no intentions of continuing hostilities or fanning flames after you do.    That's like the people who say "I wish you were dead, no disrespect intended".    Pure hogwash.

This is the last reply I will have to your racist and hostile posts.

#23    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 3,004 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:45 PM

View PostAaronsmom, on 13 June 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

Ordinarily, I abhor such behavior and I make every good-faith effort to stay away from that kind of thing, even when I disagree with someone vehemently.

I can assure you, though, I have no intention of continuing hostilities, fanning flames, responding further to the person in question, and I am happy to stay on topic as the matter concerns all other users.

Oh, I know you are! I know you post with consideration of others foremost! Your posts are always on topic, deeply thoughtful... tactful.
I respect your opinion because of all of those things. :yes:

Back on topic, I'd like to make a point. Zimmerman lied about why he exited his vehicle. (He said it was to look for a street sign, but we know it was to follow.)
That's huge to me. Apart from showing a consciousness of guilt, the fact that he lied tells us that we can't believe anything else he says, especially if it's to his benefit. (That should sound familiar!)
Anyway, it tells us we'll have to rely on other evidence.

Edited by regi, 13 June 2013 - 11:46 PM.

#24    Aaronsmom

Aaronsmom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:24 AM

Yes, that's the biggest problem he has that I can see. Maybe you could say he followed Trayvon in his car to see where he was going and what he might do, but that doesn't explain why he got out of the car and approached Trayvon. I don't care if Trayvon realized Zimmerman was following and mouthed off to Zimmerman. I don't care if he used every profanity there is and/or called him a really bad name. That's not a crime and that doesn't put someone in danger where he would feel the need to defend himself. The minute he put the car in park and went up to Trayvon, Zimmerman crossed the line of defendable behavior and became an unauthorized aggressor. Had he stayed in the car, even if he continued to follow the teenager, there wouldn't have been a confrontation and the young man would not have died, or even been harmed. It's as simple as that. I'm not saying it's a slam-dunk...I don't know how the jury will see it. I just know that's how it looks to me.

#25    Lesionia

Lesionia

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 223 posts

• Our choices make us who we are, not are past, not other people.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:38 AM

hmmm well I think he is guilty personally. First off: the kid didn't have a weapon, unless you call ice tea and skittles as one. Second: He was on the phone with his girlfriend. Third: Treavon was shot in the back.

#26    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 4,523 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

View PostLesionia, on 14 June 2013 - 05:38 AM, said:

hmmm well I think he is guilty personally. First off: the kid didn't have a weapon, unless you call ice tea and skittles as one. Second: He was on the phone with his girlfriend. Third: Treavon was shot in the back.

Trayvon marchers: 'We want an arrest. Shot in the chest'

http://articles.orla...rs-arrest-chest

Not sure till the trial proceeds, but I believe all the reports are trayvon was shot in the chest.

#27    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 5,396 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

That's interesting.   I hadn't heard that before.    Are you sure?

#28    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:29 AM

White racists will undoubtedly get behind the argument of self-defense...will even embrace George Zimmerman as a hero. The rest of the population can see how wrong and ill-advised Zimmerman's series of choices and actions were the night Martin died.

I don't buy that. You don't have to be a "White racist" to think that he *might* have been forced to defend himself if he thought that his life was in danger. You also don't need to be a "Black racist" to think that George *might* have provoked and/or threatened Trayvon after he was told to let the police handle the situation. That's why we should let the facts shape our views, not vice versa.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#29    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:32 AM

What if his head was pounded into the pavement? What if there was a struggle for his gun?

#30    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:49 AM

View PostMyles, on 13 June 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

By the way, can you explain where I gave you a racist impression?   Siding with George is not racist.

George *might* have murdered Trayvon in cold blood. That remains to be seen. Ideologues on both sides never needed any stinking facts since they "knew" what happened before the trial even began. Their agendas and narratives are tiresome. Let's see what happens in court, and let the chips fall where they may. By the way, you were unfairly criticized, and I would like somebody to post just one specific example of racism in your posts. If such accusations and allegations can't be backed up with facts, not bull****, an apology is in order. I think that's fair.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users