Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Zimmerman trial

• Please log in to reply
1449 replies to this topic

#91    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's history.

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:25 AM

View Postregi, on 23 June 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

I'd like to learn more about those two injuries, and what other evidence might show. I think it's interesting that in the re-enactment, Zimmerman added ("added" because he didn't include it in his written statement) that during the struggle, he thought Martin had "something" in his hand. He said he thought that when Martin had a hold of his head. :unsure2:

I think an important point is that in his written statement, it wasn't the 'head bashing' which prompted Zimmerman to shoot Martin...it was that Martin "assured" Zimmerman that he "was going to die tonight."  In other words, and according to his own statement, Zimmerman's concern/thought/belief wasn't that he could/would die from the "head bashing".
(Re: Zimmerman's statements, I want to stress that I'm highlighting what HE has said happened, not what I personally think or believe happened.)

In both cases (if true), his life was threatened. He had a right to defend himself. It was six of one and half a dozen of the other. I wasn't there, so my comments were speculation just like the rest of the posters in this thread.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#92    regi

regi

Psychic Spy

• 1,946 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:02 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 24 June 2013 - 02:25 AM, said:

In both cases (if true), his life was threatened. He had a right to defend himself. It was six of one and half a dozen of the other. I wasn't there, so my comments were speculation just like the rest of the posters in this thread.

It's not my approach to get into the "if's". I discuss facts that are already established, and one doesn't have 'been there' to know what those facts are.

#93    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• 1,797 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:13 AM

View Postregi, on 24 June 2013 - 03:02 AM, said:

It's not my approach to get into the "if's". I discuss facts that are already established, and one doesn't have 'been there' to know what those facts are.

Facts are one thing. Opinions, based on those facts, are another. For instance, you might witness a car crash between a young man in a Mustang and an old woman in a station wagon. It's a fact that there's a car crash, but we can only guess the causes. I'm not saying that *you're* doing this. It's just human nature. Some people will quickly assume that the young man is the type who drives in a reckless and speedy manner. Other people will assume that the old woman is not fit to drive, especially such a big car.

#94    regi

regi

Psychic Spy

• 1,946 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:08 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 24 June 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

I'm not saying that *you're* doing this.

Then please don't quote me.

#95    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 10,822 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

Watching opening statements but have to leave for work. The prosecution will use Zimmerman's words against him. Will follow the trial as closely as I can. I see they did allow Trayvon's parents to stay in the courtroom.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#96    regi

regi

Psychic Spy

• 1,946 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

Very impressive opening from the state; concise, comprehensive, profound.
Too much to address specifically, but especially compelling last remark.

John Guy for the prosecution: "...we are confident that at the end of this trial you will know in your head, in your heart, in your stomach...that George Zimmerman did not shoot Trayvon Martin because he had to; he shot him for the worst of all reasons... because he wanted to."

#97    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,402 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

More like because he had to because he felt his life was in danger :/

#98    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,539 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

View Postsusieice, on 24 June 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

Watching opening statements but have to leave for work. The prosecution will use Zimmerman's words against him. Will follow the trial as closely as I can. I see they did allow Trayvon's parents to stay in the courtroom.

I don't think allowed it. I think they had to if thery could be.  Something about faceing your accusers.  I know the state brought the charges but.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you. http://fremerica.freeforums.net/

#99    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,649 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

View PostxFelix, on 24 June 2013 - 12:52 AM, said:

There you have it, if it were cold... in Florida... The southern most state in the United States.......

Walking around a complex, and verbally confronting someone for following you is not against the law. Calling the cops on false alarms is against the law. Regardless if his girlfriend, his parents, or even God himself had told him to go inside.. He had no legal obligation to do so. He could easily have never ran, he could have completely stood there from the very beginning and told Zimmerman to fck off. Because he ran initially doesn't mean he surrenders his right to stop and tell Zimmerman to fck off and stop following him.

Another thing, I'm really quite disappointed to see so many people say "he should have gone home", do you even think of the thousands of cases of stalking that lead to death every year? Here he is being followed around by some stranger, but sure let's lead him straight home so that he can know where to go in the future should he wish to further harass the teen right?

Even then, you cannot argue with the law or the facts. Zimmerman got out of his car, and went out of his way to follow the teen he had already described as "possibly on drugs" and "reaching for his wasitband", without having the legal authority to do so. Zimmerman created a dangerous situation and then defended himself from it.
Well, Florida Common Law says you cannot do that, you cannot create a dangerous situation and then defend yourself from your very own dangerous situation that you created.
Then by the apparent logic of that law, I could inadvertently walk into a gang banging neighborhood, do or say something that caused one of them to attack and if I defended myself at all I'd be guilty.  I think Z will be convicted just to keep the peace.  And it's a shame.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#100    Glorfindel

Glorfindel

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

• The answer to 1984, is uhhh... 1812?

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

I wonder if the half Mexican - half Jewish Zimmerman will join the Aryan Brotherhood in prison.

#101    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,649 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:32 AM

View PostGlorfindel, on 24 June 2013 - 09:18 PM, said:

I wonder if the half Mexican - half Jewish Zimmerman will join the Aryan Brotherhood in prison.
If he goes to prison and isn't segregated from the general population he won't live 3 months.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#102    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Psychic Spy

• 1,797 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:51 AM

View Postregi, on 24 June 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

Then please don't quote me.

I replied to you. That's all there was to it.

#103    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 10,822 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:00 AM

I can't believe the defense opened with a knock knock joke. The attorney apologized after the lunch break because so many people, including jurors, were offended by it.  I believe the prosecution presented a very good and strong case. Definitely showed Zimmerman's state of mind from the time he first saw the boy. And all backed up with evidence.
As to being in fear of his life, I can only say if someone approached me at night and flashed a gun in any way, I'd crack his head open if I got the chance.

Edited by susieice, 25 June 2013 - 02:00 AM.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#104    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

Government Agent

• 3,357 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:34 AM

View Postsusieice, on 25 June 2013 - 02:00 AM, said:

I can't believe the defense opened with a knock knock joke. The attorney apologized after the lunch break because so many people, including jurors, were offended by it.  I believe the prosecution presented a very good and strong case. Definitely showed Zimmerman's state of mind from the time he first saw the boy. And all backed up with evidence.
As to being in fear of his life, I can only say if someone approached me at night and flashed a gun in any way, I'd crack his head open if I got the chance.

Yeah, I watched a little of it and the defense attorney isn't doing Zimmerman any favors so far.  Also, I agree that the person who was trying to defend himself was Trayvon.  Zimmerman was always the responsible party from the moment he stepped out of his truck.  If you think about it, it is really a good thing that Trayvon wasn't a criminal with a gun.  An exchange of gun fire could have injured more people.

Edited by FurthurBB, 25 June 2013 - 02:34 AM.

#105    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,539 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:08 AM

No one was flashing a gun.  Travon saw it during the fight and tried to get it.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you. http://fremerica.freeforums.net/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users