Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

[Merged] Ghost woods That lead to Hells Gate

ghosts texas haunted dallas river legacy park

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1    Brazos Paranormal

Brazos Paranormal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:21 AM

#2    Brazos Paranormal

Brazos Paranormal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:25 AM

#3    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 5,542 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:29 AM

Who produced this?

#4    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:16 AM

Ahhhh those logs are to stop vechiles to go through

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#5    Brazos Paranormal

Brazos Paranormal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

yep. Found Ghost Forest in River Legacy Park leading to Hells Gate. We decided to find a way around the ghost trail through Ghost Forest .Legends are this was an Indian graveyard and very sacred place .This leads to Hells Gate were hundreds of confederate soldiers were hanged. Highly active haunted area with screams and ghosts sightings .

#6    Brazos Paranormal

Brazos Paranormal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

Here is more info on this location.The location of Hells Gate I found it by reading the directions out of the book Haunted TX .Sounds like something out of the Jonny Depp movie 9TH Gate were they used a book to find the 9th gate.The directions are as follows take first left go to cul de sac. The book said a one mile foot trail with a bench area and a gate and a one mile marker . All the clues matched up this was it and I went into this woods and was completely creeped out: being followed: watched feeling. This is the spot were a hundred confederate soldiers were hung. Highly active paranormal activity .

#7    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,372 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

Could you give us some research on this please? Looking around I noticed you charge 20 bucks a head for tours, I'm assuming you have more research available than what you have provided so far.. And all that has been provided so far is a direct cut, copy, and paste of your Youtube descriptions on your videos.
Please, tell us more Brazos.

#8    Brazos Paranormal

Brazos Paranormal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

The book page that gives the direction to Hells Gate.

Attached Files

#9    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,169 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

Legend has it that hundreds of Civil War soldiers were hanged there?  Earlier on in this thread you posted that "this leads to Hells Gate were [sic] hundreds of confederate soldiers were hanged".  Is it a historical fact that hundreds of confederate soldiers where hanged at this location or merely a local legend?

Edited by Archimedes, 31 May 2013 - 11:18 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#10    Brazos Paranormal

Brazos Paranormal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:05 PM

All I know is the legend ,don't know if it really happened. But that's the reason they call it hells gate because the gate leads were the soldiers were hanged.

#11    Pod99966

Pod99966

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 96 posts

• I had rather be shut up in a very modest cottage, with my books, my family, and a few old friends, dining on simple bacon,
    THOMAS JEFFERSON

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

I've heard about that place. No way would you catch me anywhere near that place. Day or night. With so much death, it's bound to attract the worst kind of entities.

#12    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

POPULAR

View PostPod99966, on 05 June 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

I've heard about that place. No way would you catch me anywhere near that place. Day or night. With so much death, it's bound to attract the worst kind of entities.

You should visit London. There's a huge parking lot built over a plague pit where thousands of bodies were buried after dying horrific deaths.

It is said that during the night, people in the parking lot see and hear absolutely nothing.

#13    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,372 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

This story perked my curiosity. I started trying to dig into it a bit, coming up with nothing... Then I got all distracted by the screaming bridge legend in the park. That was way more interesting because it appears that there is actual history behind that legend.

#14    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,169 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

View Postscowl, on 05 June 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

You should visit London. There's a huge parking lot built over a plague pit where thousands of bodies were buried after dying horrific deaths.

It is said that during the night, people in the parking lot see and hear absolutely nothing.
I live a few miles from a site which was a graveyard for victims of the Irish famine.  Hundreds of people were buried there in unmarked graves.  I've visited it on numerous occasions and my sister lives right beside it.  Never experienced anything strange there or heard any strange stories about it.

Edited by Archimedes, 05 June 2013 - 06:01 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#15    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:33 PM

Do a search on this website for hells gate and you'll get a hundred different places where it's supposed to be.  I think there's even a video!  Exciting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users