Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Rebels Massacre Christians in Syria


  • Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#16    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2006
  • Gender:Female

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 31 May 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

yeah, what goes around comes around. Maybe it is payback for the inquisition and witch-burnings.

Well, if it did came around, then the aim wasn't good! Around five centuries ago Catholic Spainiards founded the Inquistion; the Catholic and Protestant Swiss, Germans, British and American also started witch hunts, and now centuries later, a different people, living on a different continent, following a different church, the Orthodox Syrians should die for it and that is seen as a measure of pay back justice?!   This brush is far too wide to be meaningful!


#17    The Big Boss

The Big Boss

    Apparition

  • Validating
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Joined:25 Mar 2008
  • Gender:Male



  • Those that know how to win are much more numerous than those who know how to make proper use of their victories.

    Polybius

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

View PostWHO U KIDDIN, on 02 June 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

It's true 'that more than one country is going to extreme lengths to evict/kill them all' but what we should ask is why would the governments of the 'Christain West' continues to support the murder of their Christian Brethren in the Levant by the Sunni jihadist extremists?
Well.........profit.
First off, there's so many denominations of Christianity that for one group to identify with another group half way around the world simply because they are 'Christian' is unlikely.
Second, by 'Christian West' I assume you mean the western powers that are secular states in actuality.  Sure, the majority may be Christian and they may even have declared a state religion, but if they were truly a Christian nation then no other belief would be seen within its borders.
Finally, they're capitalists.  The major western nations all have a sizable arms industry.  If you have a client, why wouldn't you do business?  The bills have to be paid somehow.

Posted Image
A HAPPY MOMENT

#18    regeneratia

regeneratia

    Alien Abducter

  • Banned
  • 4,810 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

  • It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:04 AM

View Postmeryt-tetisheri, on 03 June 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

Well, if it did came around, then the aim wasn't good! Around five centuries ago Catholic Spainiards founded the Inquistion; the Catholic and Protestant Swiss, Germans, British and American also started witch hunts, and now centuries later, a different people, living on a different continent, following a different church, the Orthodox Syrians should die for it and that is seen as a measure of pay back justice?!   This brush is far too wide to be meaningful!

i find just about everything meaningful.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#19    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2006
  • Gender:Female

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:52 AM

View Postregeneratia, on 04 June 2013 - 02:04 AM, said:

i find just about everything meaningful.


‘Everything’ might have meaning, but that meaning is not always just, good, or humane. Connecting disparate events in far flung places to justify the murder of innocent people as retaliation for crimes committed by others, elsewhere, in a totally different epoch can lead to random ‘meaning’. I prefer to search for meaning in germane, pertinent events.


#20    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 15,223 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:29 AM

View Postmeryt-tetisheri, on 04 June 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

‘Everything’ might have meaning, but that meaning is not always just, good, or humane. Connecting disparate events in far flung places to justify the murder of innocent people as retaliation for crimes committed by others, elsewhere, in a totally different epoch can lead to random ‘meaning’. I prefer to search for meaning in germane, pertinent events.
The broad brushes are everywhere meryt.  When we treat every individual as a portrait unto themselves, all the broad brushes will come to an end.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#21    regeneratia

regeneratia

    Alien Abducter

  • Banned
  • 4,810 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

  • It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

View Postmeryt-tetisheri, on 04 June 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

‘Everything’ might have meaning, but that meaning is not always just, good, or humane. Connecting disparate events in far flung places to justify the murder of innocent people as retaliation for crimes committed by others, elsewhere, in a totally different epoch can lead to random ‘meaning’. I prefer to search for meaning in germane, pertinent events.

What is good, just and humane is based on opinion. Innocent is also left up to interpretation. What is germane, pertinent is totally dependent on connotations and opinions.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#22    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

    hi

  • Member
  • 9,304 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

Isnt Syria home to the majority Christians in the middle east?


#23    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2006
  • Gender:Female

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 04 June 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

What is good, just and humane is based on opinion. Innocent is also left up to interpretation. What is germane, pertinent is totally dependent on connotations and opinions.


I am not a believer in ethical relativism. I believe that there are universal fundamental moral principles among which are the sanctity of life and the prohibition of murdering people, particularly children, on the basis of their religion.  From the OP « they massacred its citizens, including women and children”. If this massacre is to be relegated to ‘opinion, interpretation and connotation’, then pogroms and even the holocaust were an exercise of the expression of opinion, as would be the inquisition and the burning of witches which, according to you, are germane to the slaughter of Christians in Syria.

Though you stated your conviction of a connection between what happened recently in Syria with witch burning in Europe and North America 500 years ago, you never explained how or why.  I admit that I totally fail to see any objective, reasonable connection or connotation whether cultural, historical, or even geographical.  I would have asked you for an explanation, but it is obvious as you stated in your last post that your reasoning is a purely subjective one. It is also obvious that we will never agree even on the principles of the matter and therefore any further discussion of the matter is futile.


edited: font size

Edited by meryt-tetisheri, 04 June 2013 - 09:53 PM.


#24    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2006
  • Gender:Female

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:54 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 04 June 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

Isnt Syria home to the majority Christians in the middle east?

No, Egypt is.


#25    preacherman76

preacherman76

    Ntwadumela- He who greets with fire

  • Member
  • 12,648 posts
  • Joined:16 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:in the depths of my mind

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 31 May 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

yeah, what goes around comes around. Maybe it is payback for the inquisition and witch-burnings.

Modern day Syrian christians were responcible for that? I like you reg, but that was seriously messed up. Sorry but if someone killed my christian family, or friends, and you said this to me, Id have a hard time restraining myself from knocking you on your ass. If you were a man, I dont think id be able to stop myself.


Anyhow, these lunitics cant restrain themselfs long enough for the west to help them take over. Imagine the monsters they will become once they do. Then again, just look at Lybia to find that out.

Edited by preacherman76, 04 June 2013 - 10:20 PM.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#26    Hammerclaw

Hammerclaw

    Far Traveler

  • Member
  • 5,323 posts
  • Joined:08 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:East Tennessee, Just over the hill from Oak Ridge.

  • "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:03 PM

'How horrible, fantastic, incredible it is that we should be digging trenches and trying on gas-masks here because of a quarrel in a far away country between people of whom we know nothing. It seems still more impossible that a quarrel which has already been settled in principle should be the subject of war."

"An atheist, like a Christian, holds that we can know whether or not there is a God. The Christian holds that we can know there is a God; the atheist, that we can know there is not. The Agnostic suspends judgment, saying that there are not sufficient grounds either for affirmation or for denial."

#27    WHO U KIDDIN

WHO U KIDDIN

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Joined:20 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NYC

  • To deny another man's humanity is to deny your own.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:34 AM

View PostThe Big Boss, on 03 June 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

Well.........profit.
First off, there's so many denominations of Christianity that for one group to identify with another group half way around the world simply because they are 'Christian' is unlikely.
Second, by 'Christian West' I assume you mean the western powers that are secular states in actuality.  Sure, the majority may be Christian and they may even have declared a state religion, but if they were truly a Christian nation then no other belief would be seen within its borders.
Finally, they're capitalists.  The major western nations all have a sizable arms industry.  If you have a client, why wouldn't you do business?  The bills have to be paid somehow.

Of course dirty capitalists and the profit motive are turely benign reasons to condone mass murder and genocide. Why not business is business!

Edited by WHO U KIDDIN, 05 June 2013 - 01:35 AM.


#28    regeneratia

regeneratia

    Alien Abducter

  • Banned
  • 4,810 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

  • It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

While I don't think murder is desirable, man of all kinds and pedigree kill. Killing is as bad in the military as it is by a sole murderer.

I do agree with you. But what is humane to one person is inhumane to another. It all depends on culture and circumstance.

I have found that true enlightenment is found at the meeting points of opposites, to view the opposites as necessary to the other. Until we all can live in the middle range, that elevated level of thought, we will continue to expect others to have the same connotations to a human condition that is not different then our own. Change the connotation, you change the perception of the situtation.

I am pretty sure people found witch-burning to be a good thing at the time it was happening.
I am pretty sure there are those that feel that what the Syrian government is doing is good and just.

Me? I sit on the fence in Syria.
BTW, all reasoning is subjective.

Futility? Totally agree. I am sure if I don't see things like you want, it will seem futile to you.


http://www.bartleby.com/101/348.html

" Stone walls do not a prison make,   25   Nor iron bars a cage; Minds innocent and quiet take   That for an hermitage; If I have freedom in my love   And in my soul am free,   30 Angels alone, that soar above,   Enjoy such libert
"


View Postmeryt-tetisheri, on 04 June 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

I am not a believer in ethical relativism. I believe that there are universal fundamental moral principles among which are the sanctity of life and the prohibition of murdering people, particularly children, on the basis of their religion.  From the OP « they massacred its citizens, including women and children”. If this massacre is to be relegated to ‘opinion, interpretation and connotation’, then pogroms and even the holocaust were an exercise of the expression of opinion, as would be the inquisition and the burning of witches which, according to you, are germane to the slaughter of Christians in Syria.

Though you stated your conviction of a connection between what happened recently in Syria with witch burning in Europe and North America 500 years ago, you never explained how or why.  I admit that I totally fail to see any objective, reasonable connection or connotation whether cultural, historical, or even geographical.  I would have asked you for an explanation, but it is obvious as you stated in your last post that your reasoning is a purely subjective one. It is also obvious that we will never agree even on the principles of the matter and therefore any further discussion of the matter is futile.


edited: font size


Edited by regeneratia, 06 June 2013 - 09:09 PM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#29    regeneratia

regeneratia

    Alien Abducter

  • Banned
  • 4,810 posts
  • Joined:20 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

  • It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:17 PM

I have no sympathy whatsoever to the fact that Christians are being killed. As human beings, I am in sorrow. As people who adhere to an unevolved dogmatic religion, no sympathy. Christians kill! They pedal their god to everyone who will hear it. They totally dismiss any other sort of spirituality and religion. Christians have killed and maimed in the name of the god, a god which ultimately  translates to greed.

What did the Christians do to Native Americans? They pulled Native American children from the Native Americans, they deliberately pulled children from their mothers and fathers, placed them in schools while they beat and molested those children, sometimes killing them without the fear of punishment for their actions. They forced those children by torture to worship some odd, childish, unenlightened creater god that never really could get to heaven or the source himself. They traded small pox-laden blankets to a people who had absolutely no immunity to the virus. Chrsitians kill too.  They have their own terrorist groups in the USA and in Africa.

I cannot mourn the loss of people who harold their christianity like a flag. I can mourn the loss of a mother, a daughter, a father, a son, uncle, aunt, grandparent and so on. But to mourn a Christian because they are christian is outside my willing ability.
What goes around comes around.

Edited by regeneratia, 06 June 2013 - 09:20 PM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#30    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 17,761 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:26 PM

" But to mourn a Christian because they are christian is outside my willing ability.
What goes around comes around."  

Indeed it does.  That is kind of the point in Christianity, to change the heart and to love others and forgive.  The "going around and coming around"  will soon drive our species to near extinction.  
Edit to add that I am NOT judging you R...just making a general statement.

Edited by and then, 06 June 2013 - 11:30 PM.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users