Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Rebels Massacre Christians in Syria

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61    Insaniac

Insaniac

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 13 June 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

No you are however insulting over a billion people and then some..

No, not intentionally anyway.

I know because people like you can't follow Jesus properly.. OR it could be that Jesus just isn't strong enough to help you...you choose !!

The Christ could walk on water. (Matthew 14:22-33) He is able to turn seven loaves of bread and distribute it to four thousand people. (Mark 8: 1-9) He can also heal the sick. (Matthew 15: 30) He can probably do anything.

The truth is I pick up my torture stake and follow Jesus every day. I wake up, pray to acknowledge the Holy Spirit, study the Bible using Watchtower literature which has helped immensely, pray some more to close the study session giving thanks, and I'll then read some more of whatever book I happen to be reading at the time.

So, christians, have not got a lick of sense to know that murder, blasphemy, theft etc etc  is wrong, they need it spelled out?

You know, a Christian doesn't need to resort to trickery. We study the Truth.

...  My word, you took the cherry right off the -" Cop out answer cake"  and swallowed it  lol :lol:

...lol

They were important commandments for us to learn if we wanted to please the True God. He showed us how to appropriately worship Him and taught us what is acceptable to please Him.

What does the bible say to do with witches?    Here it is - Exodus 22:18ESV /s“You shall not permit a sorceress to live  ... Christians in the 1400's - 1500's took it literally.. There is a lot in the bible against witchcraft..  This ( thankfully ) is no more...But this does not in any way be used as a weak excuse to slam over a billion or more people....

Witches/Wizards would be people who practice Black Magic and Satanism. The people who were accused of being witches, were in truth, not witches at all. And the people who claimed to be "Christian's" were not Christian's.

They were wolves in sheep's clothing.

I know, and I also know that Jesus himself said - "Let he who be without sin cast the first stone".. And here you are a whopping sinner, casting stones at so many people..Ironic...

What he meant was He who is filled with Holy Spirit, lead the way and be an example for the sinner's to follow, which is what I am doing. I'm not "slamming" anyone.

Well the bible is filled with them..

No it's not. Ask God in prayer to reveal His Word to you and everything will begin to make sense. The prayer must be sincere and from your heart.

But with that aside,  you truly have no real idea what that quote actually means do you?   It means for you to be careful of the standard of which you judge, lest meaning the same applies to you.. Another quote ( which is similar )  - Matthew 7:1-6 “Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. .... For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged.

So far, I haven't judged anybody to my knowledge. I did state a fact about the Catholic Church.

And to add - “And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye, when you have a log in your own? ...AND.... How can you think of saying to your friend, ‘Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? ....Moving on to  -  Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye.

So far, I've stated a fact about the Catholic Church - That paedophilia is rampant and has been covered-up. That's not a judgement so much as a matter of truth.

A true path to god would never seem confusing.. But with Christianity looks like it sure is.. Multi pathways and still confused..!!

Agreed. That's why I don't really follow it anymore. I focus on a relationship with Jesus Christ instead of a religion.

*snip.*

1 - The Roman Catholic Church is a kingdom of this world. Jesus Christ told His faithful disciples that His kingdom would "Not be of this world." - John 18:36

2 - "Nun" isn't in the Bible. Fact. You can't replace the definition to an idea with what you want it to be. That could be considered sacrilege.

3 - Christ meant "keys to the kingdom" in a spiritual sense. Peter was to lead the way in the works of the spirit. His (Jesus) kingdom is not of this world.

Christ also never told Peter to hoard tons of money inside of vaults, cover-up sexual assaults by the priests, turn Italy into a giant money-laundering scheme, force Catholicism down our throats at a young age, lazily sit on a gold throne while the world suffers and starves, etc.

Pope Benedict would wear I think an Ephod (head-wear) at times that had "Vicavius Filii Dei" (Latin) written across it. Those words mean "Vicar of the Son of God".

This is blasphemous, as we don't need to answer to a vicar to get to Christ.

Jesus died that we all may have salvation. All we have to do is pray sincerely. This takes us straight through to Jesus Christ. This is also blasphemous for one more reason: The numerical value of this blasphemous title - "Vicavius Filii Dei" - is 666. This is the Mark of the Beast, or the Mark of the Anti-Christ.

Search it on YouTube, the net or anywhere.

4 - That doesn't stop it's priest's from sexually abusing young boys. Sickening to think about.

Now you have a choice,  A - Stick with your own ignorance and not read it.. OR B learn something..  You act as if you know it all claiming to study a bible and yet you post like you are new to the faith...

I do study the Bible, and it isn't my fault you've never heard it's Truth's before. Too busy looking into Catholicism, and I say that respectfully.

Sister, I'm not the one who hasn't yet begun a Bible study.

I'm not the one who doesn't search into these conspiracies regarding the Pope.

I'm not the one who refuses to acknowledge the Vatican/Catholicism isn't what it claims to be.

May divine love, divine light, and understanding be with you. I believe you have a calling in your life. I just hoped I could get you to view things with an open mind.

- And Jesus said "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding." - Proverbs 3:5

#62    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostInsaniac, on 13 June 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

No, not intentionally anyway.
(SNIP )

I know you have spent ages looking things up and trying to manage what you wish to answer to my previous post.. But I am not interested in any long winded argument over how bad you feel... .. ..  I did find one thing a catholic once said to an angry protestant who was mouthing anti catholic garbage at him, he said - "Anti Catholic propaganda can only come from Satan, for Satan knows that there is only one true church that has the key to salvation, the same church that was here long before protestants came..Spread your hate, in the end it will be you that faces gods judgement.. Prove me wrong?"  ..I read that years ago, and even though I do not believe in satan, I think if it is true,  ( and they do say satan is the master of trickery )  may god help you all...

The only fact I recognise is the one about child abuse in the catholic church, that even Catholics feel hurt and disgusted by, from what they did to the little boys and how it was covered up......  I used to think only the Catholic church target young boys, until recently I came across a list of the most horrific serial killers in history... Several of these mad men target little boys from all parts of the world... Many loved to target children....Many still do....Their sexual pleasure resulted in killing them more.. But this is off topic..

What I am thankful for is - I do not belong to anything that holds hate and anger spreading things in spite of one faith to another..  Something not right about, that and gives me the creeps... I come from a family that is half catholic and half protestant.. We learn to get along fine...So, when I read anti catholic things by others from a different country, it is sad to see how corrupt and hateful people can be..  The more spiteful the remarks get, the worse it gets.. Look at the WBC, they claim Christians all over the world teach lies from the pulpits and all going to hell..Many Christians can be their own worst enemy..

Thankfully there are decent Christians  ( both Catholics and Protestant ) who will not lower themselves into any fits of hate and throwing mud at each other.. These Christians are those who are better educated within the faith and strong and they live all over the world..... Christians in my own country used to fight the bit out, but now days, they grow to accept each other and live together.. They became more laid back and mix well...

Anyhoo.. Gotta dash... I care not to carry this on, no offence but it is not worth my time any further..I don't have any further interest in why you or anyone else feels bad about the faith..Any gripes you feel, is on your own shoulders, not mine..For I hold no interest in holding and anger or gripes with any church...I only hold disagreements.....  In my own opinion, only God can judge us all, not someone with a bible....  Hope you understand..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 13 June 2013 - 02:52 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#63    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,611 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

Wow enough of the drama. Take it to the religion boards. Derailing and off topic conversations fueled with screams (not all are doing that) is not what this thread is about.

#64    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,611 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

In better news the Syrian government win in Qusair last week has provided some relief to our fellow Christians over there.

For months, the town's 3,000 Christians lived in neighbouring villages. The first families arrived in the city shortly after the ouster of Islamic extremists by the regime. Muslims themselves accuse the rebels of stirring sectarian hatred in Syria. Along with the shrine of St Elijah, the local mosque was destroyed as well.

Al-Qusair (AsiaNews) - After fleeing to surrounding villages and the capital Damascus, Christians from al-Qusair are returning to their homes after almost two years. Many have lost everything; some have started to remove rubble from rooms and rebuild roofs, bringing life back to a city that in recent months had lost more than 90 per cent of its population, going from 30,000 inhabitants to 500.

Sources told AsiaNews that in 2011 more than 3,000 Christians fled the city seeking refuge with relatives and friends. In recent months, the only non-Muslim residents was elderly Catholic couple, husband and wife. "The couple," they said, "did not know where to run. Their only daughter is a Melkite nun, who resides abroad. They were helped by their Muslim neighbours."

*snip*

"In al-Qusair," they explain, "churches and mosques were built next to each other." An example is the shrine of St Elijah, which was recently desecrated by foreign Islamists, after surviving the fighting between local rebels and the army, who have always respected places of worship.

The outrage caused by the al-Nusra militia, which has fighters from 15 nations in its ranks, has aroused the anger of the population.

"It's a big shock to see something like this in a church," Osama Hassan, a Muslim and a government employee, told Reuters. "For us, a church is the same as a mosque."

A nearby mosque was also heavily damaged, parts of its minaret blasted away, he added.

For locals, Islamist fighters are to blame for sectarian divisions in the population, which includes Sunni and Shiite Muslims, as well as Christians.

"Here, the Christian and Muslim cemeteries are right next to each other," said one resident. "We never had divisions." (S.C.)

United for reconciliation with Muslims, Christians return to al-Qusair

#65    Insaniac

Insaniac

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

Beckys_Mom, I know it's your opinion, however please understand there is no middle ground. Theres True Christianity and False Christianity. I'm simply stating the Catholic Church isn't faithful.

Making a factual statement about a church isn't "anger" nor is it hatred. It's not much more than an observation.

I haven't spread an ounce of hate in this discussion and those who think I do must have a distorted view of life.

I love you, I wish you the best of luck on your faith and hopefully we'll see each other in Heaven. Take care whatever you do. Peace!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users