Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Why do people get so mad when questioned ?


  • Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#76    Blood_Sacrifice

Blood_Sacrifice

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  • Joined:19 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Male

  • ...

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

Probably because their "facts" are not based off of anything more than faith. And any questioning simply leads to the shattering of that faith, and why would any devout believer want to lose that? :P

"I'm not afraid of dying, just of not achieving very much before I do." - Emma_Acid

#77    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 19,339 posts
  • Joined:09 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Australia

  • Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:14 AM

View PostBlood_Sacrifice, on 10 July 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

Probably because their "facts" are not based off of anything more than faith. And any questioning simply leads to the shattering of that faith, and why would any devout believer want to lose that? :P
Sometimes it is because people know something others do not. It is a part of their knowledge, not faith.

And yet people without that knowledge refuse to believe its reality. Not only that, they claim the knowledge must be false or deluded because they do not possess it.

I dont get mad, but very amused and ironic, when people challenge things I KNOW to be true, based purley on their belief that they are not and cnnot be true. It would be easy to get angry at someone who is calling you a liar or a fool, but I understand the limitations of their own experiential knowledge base. I might be the same in their position, and with the same limitations on my knowledge.

For example i know that carrying a tin of spare petrol in your car significantly increses your risk of cancer. But why should someone who doesnt have any knowledge about carcinogens believe such a silly idea. I know that power lines do NOT cause cancer but try convincing "a believer" of this. Vaccinations DO NOT cause autism, but try telling a believer this is not the case.
God is real, physical and of indpendent existence. I KNOW this, but gee a lot of people believe differently, because they have never encountered god, nor convincing evidences for his existence.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#78    fullywired

fullywired

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,179 posts
  • Joined:16 Apr 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

View PostMr Walker, on 14 July 2013 - 01:14 AM, said:

.

I dont get mad, but very amused and ironic, when people challenge things I KNOW to be true, based purley on their belief that they are not and cnnot be true. I.
.
God is real, physical and of indpendent existence. I KNOW this, but gee a lot of people believe differently, because they have never encountered god, nor convincing evidences for his existence.









There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Donald Rumsfeld

  fullywired

Posted Image  



"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-------Buddha (563 - 483 BC)

#79    fullywired

fullywired

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,179 posts
  • Joined:16 Apr 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:28 AM

.


.sorry double post

Edited by fullywired, 14 July 2013 - 09:29 AM.

Posted Image  



"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-------Buddha (563 - 483 BC)

#80    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 19,339 posts
  • Joined:09 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Australia

  • Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:17 AM

View Postfullywired, on 14 July 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

Donald Rumsfeld

  fullywired
And then there are "The Doors" (long drum roll and guitar riff)

We know what we know, but it is true that there are many things we do not know, and thus we cannot know we do not know them. But to acknowledge that there are "unknown unknowns" at least opens our minds to the potentiality of their existence, and our ability to recognise them when we encounter them..

In theory, ANYTHING is potentially feasible.

Edited by Mr Walker, 18 July 2013 - 01:19 AM.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#81    Liquid Gardens

Liquid Gardens

    Starman

  • Member
  • 2,518 posts
  • Joined:23 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Male

  • "Or is it just remains of vibrations from echoes long ago"

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 14 July 2013 - 01:14 AM, said:

I dont get mad, but very amused and ironic, when people challenge things I KNOW to be true, based purley on their belief that they are not and cnnot be true.

I don't see that happen here very often here at least.  I don't believe you not because what you say 'cannot' be true, but because you don't provide good reason or evidence to actually believe you, and I question whether you are consistent and really believe other people based on the same 'reasoning' you provide for your supposed knowledge.  A lot of your statements are 'justified' by the same reasoning that a lot of people use for their religious or paranormal beliefs, and unfortunately some of those directly conflict, so that leads me to believe that maybe people's interpretations of their experiences is not very reliable.  I know you try to exempt yourself from that because you have special powers, but I don't believe your special powers, assuming you actually have them, enable you to interpret your unexaminable personal experiences any more clearly necessarily than anyone else.  Because again you haven't provided any evidence of that, merely assertions which anyone can do.

Quote

For example i know that carrying a tin of spare petrol in your car significantly increses your risk of cancer. But why should someone who doesnt have any knowledge about carcinogens believe such a silly idea. I know that power lines do NOT cause cancer but try convincing "a believer" of this. Vaccinations DO NOT cause autism, but try telling a believer this is not the case.
God is real, physical and of indpendent existence. I KNOW this, but gee a lot of people believe differently, because they have never encountered god, nor convincing evidences for his existence.

The first part of your paragraph provides a great rebuttal to your last two sentences.  People KNOW things to be true that are actually untrue all the time.  I think chances are pretty good that applies to you (and everyone to be fair) to some extent, partly because I haven't really seen much indication that you are skeptical at all about what you 'KNOW', and you have mentioned previously that some of your special abilities are true because you yourself have tested and evaluated them, which is profoundly unskeptical.  Gee, I wonder what grades people would give themselves for their schoolwork or their work performance if they were the ones doing the grading...

Edited by Liquid Gardens, 18 July 2013 - 05:26 PM.

"Talking about art is like dancing about architecture"
"The truth is of course is that there is no journey. We are arriving and departing all at the same time"
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return"
- Ziggy played guitar

#82    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,819 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Arizona

  • "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

View PostLiquid Gardens, on 18 July 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

I don't see that happen here very often here at least.  I don't believe you not because what you say 'cannot' be true, but because you don't provide good reason or evidence to actually believe you, and I question whether you are consistent and really believe other people based on the same 'reasoning' you provide for your supposed knowledge.  A lot of your statements are 'justified' by the same reasoning that a lot of people use for their religious or paranormal beliefs, and unfortunately some of those directly conflict, so that leads me to believe that maybe people's interpretations of their experiences is not very reliable.  I know you try to exempt yourself from that because you have special powers, but I don't believe your special powers, assuming you actually have them, enable you to interpret your unexaminable personal experiences any more clearly necessarily than anyone else.  Because again you haven't provided any evidence of that, merely assertions which anyone can do.



The first part of your paragraph provides a great rebuttal to your last two sentences.  People KNOW things to be true that are actually untrue all the time.  I think chances are pretty good that applies to you (and everyone to be fair) to some extent, partly because I haven't really seen much indication that you are skeptical at all about what you 'KNOW', and you have mentioned previously that some of your special abilities are true because you yourself have tested and evaluated them, which is profoundly unskeptical.  Gee, I wonder what grades people would give themselves for their schoolwork or their work performance if they were the ones doing the grading...

This is priceless!

“Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.” - Blaise Pascal

#83    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 19,339 posts
  • Joined:09 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Australia

  • Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:50 AM

View PostLiquid Gardens, on 18 July 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

I don't see that happen here very often here at least.  I don't believe you not because what you say 'cannot' be true, but because you don't provide good reason or evidence to actually believe you, and I question whether you are consistent and really believe other people based on the same 'reasoning' you provide for your supposed knowledge.  A lot of your statements are 'justified' by the same reasoning that a lot of people use for their religious or paranormal beliefs, and unfortunately some of those directly conflict, so that leads me to believe that maybe people's interpretations of their experiences is not very reliable.  I know you try to exempt yourself from that because you have special powers, but I don't believe your special powers, assuming you actually have them, enable you to interpret your unexaminable personal experiences any more clearly necessarily than anyone else.  Because again you haven't provided any evidence of that, merely assertions which anyone can do.



The first part of your paragraph provides a great rebuttal to your last two sentences.  People KNOW things to be true that are actually untrue all the time.  I think chances are pretty good that applies to you (and everyone to be fair) to some extent, partly because I haven't really seen much indication that you are skeptical at all about what you 'KNOW', and you have mentioned previously that some of your special abilities are true because you yourself have tested and evaluated them, which is profoundly unskeptical.  Gee, I wonder what grades people would give themselves for their schoolwork or their work performance if they were the ones doing the grading...
I do not have special powers. I have abilities available to every human through practice, experience, education and logic (and some granted through acces to a universla consciousness which transcends my own)

So My "normal powers" learned through an excellent formal education, good genetics and parenting, allow me to perceive things clearly and accurately and force me to evaluate all things using the same evidences and criteria rather than on prior belief or disbelief about wha tis possible.

THEN i "catalogue" things for future data extraction and cross referencing, either using my own system and choices or using established human taxonomies. SO a being that acts and looks like an angel i might catalogue as an angel, or as a being of light or as an alien entity.

How i speak about it depends on whom i am speaking to In a church I might call it an angl in a group of atheists i might call it an alien intelligence.

Now if we allow that I have had similar physical encounters to other humans (who attribute them to religious beings) of course these entiies appear  physically similar when i talk about them, because they are they are the same form of entitiy.

But i do not necesarily attribute the same origin or purpose that a person from 1000 or 100 years ago would do. i am not superstious. I am not afraid and i do not hold beliefs. The experiences of which i speak occur in the real physical world not my head or they would not be worth speaking about .
Of course you do  not believe That is inconsequential. But for you to claim that these things are impossible is a statement of your belief which runs counter to wha tI KNOW. Just because you do not believ has no bearing on what is real or possible. And so to bolster your belief position you argue that i am working from belief also. But that is factually wrong. I had no beliefs. I still have no beliefs except those i invest in peole as my belief inmy wife.

I can only draw logical conclusions from the real, physical, solid evidences of my life. I do not create or base belief structures around them. I do not have beliefs about god or his nature in my head, i simply deal with him as he exists as a physical entity. I do make some extrapolations based on logic but these are only hypotheses not facts. Hence or as an example, the way god deals/interacts with me , protects, mentors and educates  me is similar to how god deals etc with many people through history. And so i see a pattern and think ,"Well then that is probably at least one aspect of the nature of god."


We test everything in our experience using the same tests and evidences. One doesnt need scientific knowdge to know one cant walk through a wall, only experiential knowdge. Special powers or normal powers, all are capable of the same logical analysis and testing.

I KNOW I can read a page in a second and then write it out verbatim if i do this entirely by myself a number of times. I KNOW i can "read" anothers mind when i extract information from it and use that information to find a lost object ot tell them something i could not have known because it existed only in their mind. If i can travel to a place "see it" in my mind and write down its characteristics THEN use google earth to check and find that what i saw and recorded are identical with photographic reality, no other scientific confirmation is required.

There is nothing mystical or "paranormal" about this any more than reading or speaking are paranormal gifts They are  innate potential abilities of the human mind which can be learned and practised,  just like speaking and reading are.

And actually knolwedge  is a data base of known things. They cannot be false although they might be innaccurate or incomplete Eg i KNOW the height of mt everest but not to the last millimetre. Facts we believe we know may be true or false, but knowledge is factual materiall proven to be true. The examples I gave you have all been scientifically proven to be true or false and so they form a part of my data base of knowledge God is known to me to be true in the same way I know all other things. A combination of physical experience and learned data.

So, for example, i have my own personal experiences with god which include  normal physical evidences and verifications. And then i can read about other people's encounters with god fro across the whole hstory of human experience and compare the experiences and understandings with my own making nores of similarities and difernces in physical things, as well as the understandings which grow in the minds of people from different places cultures and times.
One can do this for any "paranormal" event, from a ghost, to mind reading or clair voyance and audience.

I am neither skeptical nor non skeptical about things I deliberately keep an open and unbiased mind on all things And have a continuum of likelihood on everything i do not have personal experience with So leprachauns low probability, telekinsis a medium, Poltergeist (what ever that is) high, Alien visitors  high, a hole through the centre of the earth from pole to pole very low.

Gravity is a non universal constant ,almost certainly

Edited by Mr Walker, 20 July 2013 - 04:04 AM.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#84    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 19,339 posts
  • Joined:09 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Australia

  • Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:17 AM

Ps tests show that adolescents give them selves almost the same grade as their teachers when marking their own work, and some are harder on them sleves than their teachers.

Edited by Mr Walker, 20 July 2013 - 04:18 AM.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#85    Liquid Gardens

Liquid Gardens

    Starman

  • Member
  • 2,518 posts
  • Joined:23 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Male

  • "Or is it just remains of vibrations from echoes long ago"

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 20 July 2013 - 03:50 AM, said:

I do not have special powers.

<snip>

I KNOW i can "read" anothers mind when i extract information from it and use that information to find a lost object ot tell them something i could not have known because it existed only in their mind.

If you believe you have telepathy, then you believe you have special powers.  That you of course cannot actually demonstrate or apparently submit to scientific testing.  I know quite a few people and none of them have telepathy or claim to, nor have I seen anything in the media about anyone demonstrating that they can read people's minds.  That would make you special by definition.

Quote

If i can travel to a place "see it" in my mind and write down its characteristics THEN use google earth to check and find that what i saw and recorded are identical with photographic reality, no other scientific confirmation is required.

Uh, wrong, yes, lots of other scientific confirmation is required.  Remember when cold fusion was 'discovered'?  Only it really wasn't, because 'other scientific confirmation' failed to reproduce it and they found problems with the experiment?   I really don't think you quite understand fully the purpose of the scientific method and why it is constructed the way that it is, and despite the abundance of scientific studies concerning the fallibility of perception and cognition you just assert that you are immune to these commonplace failures in interpretation.  Because you say so.  

Am I supposed to believe your claimed abilities, would that be rational of me?  Am I being closed-minded?  I don't think so, you're just one of countless number of people who claim to have special powers who can't actually provide evidence of it, let alone those who have been tested and have failed.

"Talking about art is like dancing about architecture"
"The truth is of course is that there is no journey. We are arriving and departing all at the same time"
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return"
- Ziggy played guitar

#86    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 19,339 posts
  • Joined:09 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Australia

  • Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostLiquid Gardens, on 24 July 2013 - 08:08 PM, said:

If you believe you have telepathy, then you believe you have special powers.  That you of course cannot actually demonstrate or apparently submit to scientific testing.  I know quite a few people and none of them have telepathy or claim to, nor have I seen anything in the media about anyone demonstrating that they can read people's minds.  That would make you special by definition.



Uh, wrong, yes, lots of other scientific confirmation is required.  Remember when cold fusion was 'discovered'?  Only it really wasn't, because 'other scientific confirmation' failed to reproduce it and they found problems with the experiment?   I really don't think you quite understand fully the purpose of the scientific method and why it is constructed the way that it is, and despite the abundance of scientific studies concerning the fallibility of perception and cognition you just assert that you are immune to these commonplace failures in interpretation.  Because you say so.  

Am I supposed to believe your claimed abilities, would that be rational of me?  Am I being closed-minded?  I don't think so, you're just one of countless number of people who claim to have special powers who can't actually provide evidence of it, let alone those who have been tested and have failed.
No.

Telepathy is a normal ability of humanity. New science  is allowing humans to remotely read a mind using the intervention of machinery. Human thoughts are picked up in one brain and remotely /wirelessly transferred to another person who can then know what the first person is thinking (see the iages understand/know the words being said in the mind as one thinks.

This means two things. Scientifically, thoughts are words and images which physically exist in our mind as concrete things. And second, what occurs in one individaul's mind is completely comprehensible and understandable when it is transferred to another persons mind,

Hence, telepathy is a natural ability of humanity. Nothing special. It is unusual but not extraordinary for the cross over of thoughts pictures ideas and information to occur without electronic assistance.

And many people have telepathic abilities. I suspect more people could demonstrte telepathy than could show that they can read a page of text on sight instantly and remember it verbatim (which i could also do after several years of training myself to do)

So not special, if uncommon. My brother in law can hear a complete piece of music once and then play it perfectly from memory  without music.  My broher can split his mind into 3 compartments and for example read a book,  carry on a complex converstaion and  watch a telvision show  all simultaneously, and have perfect recall of every  aspect of each function.

i believe from my background that i inherit part of this abilty fromm my mother who also had the abilty and emonstrted it Inmy life dozens of observerd and confirmed examples prove to me tha this abilit is very real if spamodic and not really under my control

A wel known austrlain scientist withthe same real name as my own said on national radio today that anecdotal evidence was not scientific evidence. But of, course, it is. An anecdote is the report of an observed phenomenum.  Scientific observation is the same  Science however sets further parameters on the control and regulation of experimentation which simpyoften do not work or cannot be applied  in real life.  That DOES NOT invalidate experintial knowledge based on personal observation If i cannot walk throguh a brick wall, that is scientific evidence of the walls solidity.

Scientific testing will confirm the solidity but i do not need that validation to know it is solid. Science cannot claim unique ability to determine what is real/unreal or known/ unknown.

Humans knew these things long before scientific method was formalised, or science was developed as a discipline.

If i lived on an island, alone, I could apply many skills and techniques, and a huge data base of personal knowledge and comparative experiential knowledge, to know with absolute certainty, the quantitative and qualitative nature of all things on that island. No, you are not expected to BELIEVE me, only to keep an open mind and not claim that such things are impossible. As it happens, they are both quite possible and also very real, but of course you do not have a good reason to believe this..

I expect you to say, " I do not believe you." but if a person says " i know that such things are impossible " just because they have no experience of them, then they are making a foolish claim of fact, which is actually only belief.

I am not immune to failure of perception but having been trained in many disciplines and practised this for over 50 years, I dont make many mistakes Tjis is confiremd by tsts and obsevations in my professional world And if i can do this so can any other human Tha tis my point I have NO special qualities Those i have are natural and the result of genetics study hard work and a lifetime of practice

My connection to the cosmic consciousnes or overmind is something entirely different and does confer abilities one might consider special but certainly not unique. There are three or four regular contributors to this forum alone with very similar experiences and abilities, and some historical documentaon of it in humans.

Again, I see no reason why every single human being could not make ths connection, if they really wanted to,  but i am judging this from within my own life history and perhaps I am wrong. Perhaps there is a genetic, or other, factor which gives some humans this ability and prevents its operation in others, just as some humans are colour blind and some have perfect colour sight. Ps I KNOW I can read peoles minds at times because i have done so hundreds of times acurately precisely and easily But often it just doesnt "work" I would love to know why. But i have found many lost or stolen objects by picking information from people's minds for example. I often just accurately know things that are only known in the minds of one other person for example.

Believ it or not  It is no skin off my nose either way. I have to live with it and it defines how i relate to and speak to every one i know, because you cannot just blurt out stuff from anothers mind without causing a real problem but sometines you are obliged to act n such information and sometimes you cn help others. I've been dealing with this since before puberty,and  especaily inmy younger years I have had more than a few people physically run away from me in fear or incredulity when I've told them things only they could know.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#87    fullywired

fullywired

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,179 posts
  • Joined:16 Apr 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 25 July 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

No.

Telepathy is a normal ability of humanity. New science  is allowing humans to remotely read a mind using the intervention of machinery. Human thoughts are picked up in one brain and remotely /wirelessly transferred to another person who can then know what the first person is thinking (see the iages understand/know the words being said in the mind as one thinks.

This means two things. Scientifically, thoughts are words and images which physically exist in our mind as concrete things. And second, what occurs in one individaul's mind is completely comprehensible and understandable when it is transferred to another persons mind,

Hence, telepathy is a natural ability of humanity. Nothing special. It is unusual but not extraordinary for the cross over of thoughts pictures ideas and information to occur without electronic assistance.

And many people have telepathic abilities. I suspect more people could demonstrte telepathy than could show that they can read a page of text on sight instantly and remember it verbatim (which i could also do after several years of training myself to do)

So not special, if uncommon. My brother in law can hear a complete piece of music once and then play it perfectly from memory  without music.  My broher can split his mind into 3 compartments and for example read a book,  carry on a complex converstaion and  watch a telvision show  all simultaneously, and have perfect recall of every  aspect of each function.

i believe from my background that i inherit part of this abilty fromm my mother who also had the abilty and emonstrted it Inmy life dozens of observerd and confirmed examples prove to me tha this abilit is very real if spamodic and not really under my control

A wel known austrlain scientist withthe same real name as my own said on national radio today that anecdotal evidence was not scientific evidence. But of, course, it is. An anecdote is the report of an observed phenomenum.  Scientific observation is the same  Science however sets further parameters on the control and regulation of experimentation which simpyoften do not work or cannot be applied  in real life.  That DOES NOT invalidate experintial knowledge based on personal observation If i cannot walk throguh a brick wall, that is scientific evidence of the walls solidity.

Scientific testing will confirm the solidity but i do not need that validation to know it is solid. Science cannot claim unique ability to determine what is real/unreal or known/ unknown.

Humans knew these things long before scientific method was formalised, or science was developed as a discipline.

If i lived on an island, alone, I could apply many skills and techniques, and a huge data base of personal knowledge and comparative experiential knowledge, to know with absolute certainty, the quantitative and qualitative nature of all things on that island. No, you are not expected to BELIEVE me, only to keep an open mind and not claim that such things are impossible. As it happens, they are both quite possible and also very real, but of course you do not have a good reason to believe this..

I expect you to say, " I do not believe you." but if a person says " i know that such things are impossible " just because they have no experience of them, then they are making a foolish claim of fact, which is actually only belief.

I am not immune to failure of perception but having been trained in many disciplines and practised this for over 50 years, I dont make many mistakes Tjis is confiremd by tsts and obsevations in my professional world And if i can do this so can any other human Tha tis my point I have NO special qualities Those i have are natural and the result of genetics study hard work and a lifetime of practice

My connection to the cosmic consciousnes or overmind is something entirely different and does confer abilities one might consider special but certainly not unique. There are three or four regular contributors to this forum alone with very similar experiences and abilities, and some historical documentaon of it in humans.

Again, I see no reason why every single human being could not make ths connection, if they really wanted to,  but i am judging this from within my own life history and perhaps I am wrong. Perhaps there is a genetic, or other, factor which gives some humans this ability and prevents its operation in others, just as some humans are colour blind and some have perfect colour sight. Ps I KNOW I can read peoles minds at times because i have done so hundreds of times acurately precisely and easily But often it just doesnt "work" I would love to know why. But i have found many lost or stolen objects by picking information from people's minds for example. I often just accurately know things that are only known in the minds of one other person for example.

Believ it or not  It is no skin off my nose either way. I have to live with it and it defines how i relate to and speak to every one i know, because you cannot just blurt out stuff from anothers mind without causing a real problem but sometines you are obliged to act n such information and sometimes you cn help others. I've been dealing with this since before puberty,and  especaily inmy younger years I have had more than a few people physically run away from me in fear or incredulity when I've told them things only they could know.
Posted Image

Posted Image  



"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-------Buddha (563 - 483 BC)

#88    scowl

scowl

    Government Agent

  • Closed
  • 4,111 posts
  • Joined:17 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

Mr. Walker has certainly outdone himself this time. I look forward to him demonstrating his "normal" telepathic abilities under scientific conditions, and not the conditions he incorrectly believes are scientific.

This would be one of the most amazing feats in human history however I'll be he'll choose instead to type and type and type on the Internet about it instead.


#89    DeWitz

DeWitz

    DeWitz

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts
  • Joined:11 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Niagara Frontier

  • "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

At least in the USA we no longer teach "civics" in school, much less "how to be civil" in, yes, civil discourse.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#90    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

    Drifter

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  • Joined:27 Apr 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Outdoors

  • How much do you don't see?

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

View PostxFelix, on 01 June 2013 - 03:30 AM, said:

I have taken the freedom of bolding some quotes of your last two posts, but we both know you are smart enough to understand what you are doing. We both also know that you are doing this intentionally, and that it is not the first time.

1) Didn't you claim that demons do not exist and you have facts to prove such?
2) I will touch more of this a bit later.
3) Same as above.
4) While it is true that people may get offended seemingly for no reason, it is quite uncommon. For every example you can demonstrate of this occurring I will demonstrate 3 of them actually being disrespected.
5) The same as 4 applies, most people do not get offended by disbelief but by disrespect towards their beliefs.
6) Same as number one.
7) See numbers two and three? Where you said people accuse you of being condescending or mocking them and no quotes of such can be demonstrated? Here is your demonstration, this is not your first sneaky wordplay shot at me either.

Note: Nobody said it was just you, it is many people who have adapted this whole mentality of "Someone posted their experience, it's time to go mock them".

The bold one... I think there's two sides to it.

Sakari's side (and those' who are likeminded to him in this): I just write what I do, there's no special tone to it, I just state things as I see them and if you get offended of that it's your issue. I'm not always politically correct.

Felix's, Skaterdude's and mine and the likeminded's side: When you say things like "Ghost are fairytales" we see it offensive, because there's clearly insulting tone to it there. You could say "Ghosts do not exist" or "I do not think ghosts exist" or "I do not believe ghosts exist" or "I do not believe in ghosts". But you just had to use the word fairytales. You just had to imply we're believing to it on the same basis we believed on santa when we were kids, you just have to indirectly insult us.
Ghosts are fairytales - implies ones who believe in ghosts are child and should be treated as such.
Ghosts do not exist - better but still arrogant, because you claim it's a fact everyone should know.
I do not think ghosts exist - nothing wrong with this nor the two after this. Your personal view, must respect it or hold your tongue. I hold my tongue even if you pick worse words because a lot of people just dont think about these kind of things it seems, and it's easier for me to hold my tongue and write it off in other ways than to go to these lengths with every single person. But you bothered to think about it, so you do deserve a honest response. And the world ain't a perfect place so even if you didn't like the two ways above people use to say these things, you should tolerate it at least at times, because world and emotions ain't perfect in their nature.

I've held my tongue because I know this might be beyond your understanding. I know it's not beyond Scowl's understanding, would be surprised if it was beyond him with how condescending he can get, he's a far better agitator than you Sakari. And if you really dont know why people have gotten mad at you, then you should start considering believing in astrology because your chart tells it dead-on, even if I can't put it to good enough words. I mean, then I hope this clears up some things for you. We attach emotions to words where you dont seem to do that. Have you ever tried to write a nice poem?

And just to note, this topic wasn't started with the question whether paranormal and psychic and all that exists or not so I wont go there because it's derailing and so overchewed part anyhow. We all obviously have our views and we're obviously bent on sustaining them until something profound enough allows you to change your views. That profound enough, people have different standards for it in heaviness and quality both, what kind and how impactful. A suggestion or a very hard fact which would be the last thing on earth you'd suspect, always something in-between. I see a lot of people trying to bend the persons, as if you could do that. Especially with so little effort you give to it. But even with great effort, you can't, one way or another. Only their views can be bent, if they so choose. If you agree, you should realise it's just pointless to argue and more fruitful to actually study things.

Edited by Mikko-kun, 25 July 2013 - 04:59 PM.

Wherever there's a problem, there's solutions.
Answers are found from a wide deep perspective, from opened mind's eyes.
From where good and bad stay silent and you hear the real cause and effect, and big picture.
Giving up is wasting your time, but also necessary to find the true cause you didn't find yet.
Staying in the path is necessary only when there's trueness in that path.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users