Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Kids who talk to 'invisible friends'

invisible friends spirits sensitive kids

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#46    Avallaine

Avallaine

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:56 PM

View PostRyu, on 11 June 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

"Believing" is not, nor should it EVER, be synonymous with reality. Children need to learn the difference as soon as possible.
Fantasy is fun but should never should it be consideration for reality.

Yes, by all means.  Let us waste no time in imposing our own preconceived notions on our offspring.  If they should report seeing or hearing things we cannot, don't bother to discover if their perceptions can be verified or confirmed by any other means at our disposal. If what they report doesn't conform to consensus notions of what is possible, put a stop to it at once.

#47    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

View PostAvallaine, on 07 September 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

Yes, by all means.  Let us waste no time in imposing our own preconceived notions on our offspring.  If they should report seeing or hearing things we cannot, don't bother to discover if their perceptions can be verified or confirmed by any other means at our disposal. If what they report doesn't conform to consensus notions of what is possible, put a stop to it at once.

Wow, you seem to have a chip on your shoulder or something.  Just chillax and give your opinion without being such a smarty pants and you'll come across better.

Just some helpful advice. Take it or leave it.  Save the sarcasm for debating.

#48    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

• Observation, individual resourcefulness... what would we be without them?

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 07 September 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

As frank said.

yes, It isn't proven that animals can see paranormal but the way you orginally posted you are hinting they can.

Like I am hinting to some one that air is really batman but tiny.

I dont think it's that outlandish an idea, air being tiny batman is more ludicrous to me because A) it goes against any possible hypotheses unless you think of air as something that has a consciousness of it's own, and B) because to those who have read your posts it's obvious you just conjured it up as an example. Plain as a day. But I dont know the first person who made up the idea of animals sensing earthquakes so can't comment on the motive behind the idea and why people started taking up to it.
Point? I dont know. What's the point in saying those things are similiar to begin with when they're not? Unless you have the opinion card, "it's my opinion so it's my right". Yeah... I can have an opinion that 1+1=3 and it's my right too. How about that? But thanks for the idea Brian. I bet you didn't mean it, but it was actually pretty damn smart. Who knows if air was a conscious entity that just always acted on it's whims and would thus be very easy to control by other forces? How would we know the difference? It's very smart if you think of it like that, who knows... but I still wouldn't buy batman.

View PostFrank Merton, on 07 September 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

The question to me is merely whether they can sense impending earthquakes.  [1.]The paranormal and earthquakes are different things.  Wouldn't you think that if animals could sense impending earthquakes that the subject would have been studied enough to resolve it?

To [1.]: I dont know about this. Tulpa, poltergeist, mind-body link (stress, placebo, adrenaline, various other things that I dont think have been named but are there like an alleviating feeling when you come terms with something, that feeling extending to your body). I think we at least have a reason to believe not all the animals are the same in this.

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

#49    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

Air is very tiny Batman.  I can see that. But of course I'm looney.

#50    Strigoaica

Strigoaica

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

• "Some are like water, some are like the heat,
    some are a melody and some are the beat."
    (Alphaville, "Forever Young")

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

I tend to think that some parents read more into their children's play behaviour than there really is. Perhaps they like to think that their children are special, have a rare gift etc. But most of the time, children are just playing.

When I was little, I used to talk to my dolls. Play teacher and pupils or whatever. Of course I made up and acted out dialogues (which were really monologues) for this purpose, but I never thought my dolls were alive and had a mind of their own. The same goes for the invisible guests at children's tea parties. They aren't ghosts, they aren't invisible friends, they are part of a game and shouldn't be paid too much attention by adults. In fact, it would have spoilt my enjoyment of these games pretty much if my parents had tried to engage in them in any way. *lol* "Wouldn't your invisible friend like to come over for dinner tonight?" - "Hell, Mom, NOOOO! *facepalm*" :rolleyes:

"Some are like water, some are like the heat,
some are a melody and some are the beat."

(Alphaville, "Forever Young")

#51    EzyEllis

EzyEllis

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

• "Squeeze the juice out, of all the suckers power
    And pour some back out, so as to water the flowers
    This world is ours"

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:25 AM

View Postlittle_dreamer, on 26 August 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

I had some weird experiences when I was a kid at night in my bedroom.  Nightmares, most likely.  This all stopped before I was 6-7 years old.  They were very, very early memories.

Yeah I us to have a recurring dream when I was about younger and would wake up and be sick every damn time, but then I had the same dream again but it turned out differently and never had it again nor was I sick when I woke up, Cant forget it.

But sort of on topic when I was younger I us to have an imaginary car, Drove it in the playground every day till I lost it :td: .

Edited by EzyEllis, 11 November 2013 - 03:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users