Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Reincarnation

reincarnation

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• 2,868 posts

• We don't need to conquer the world, we need to conquer our individual selves first. Then the world will be at peace.

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

View Postkystranger, on 08 June 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

Thanks for your insight purifier.  With regards to the sword issue, its more of just a straight weapon or the typical long sword.  I don't feel the same attraction with giant claymores, or a katana for example.  I have both a short sword (long thick dagger if you will) that has a roman influence and a typical sword that you would find in medieval Europe.  Which coincidentally I am fascinate with.  My primary emphasis in my history major in college was medieval Europe.  So if I were to assume that I had a past life, I would imagine it was a soldier in the Roman Empire or the middle ages.  With regards to the cards, its more the modern cards we use rather than tarot.  I've always been very lucky and skilled at poker.  So if I were to assume that this came from a past life, I would assume gambler in the old west, which is interesting because I hate guns.  Guns don't feel natural to me.

Awesome! And there you go, I think you've pretty much got it narrowed down, then. Same here about the playing cards and poker, not skilled mind you, but I love playing the game along with other card games; I like blackjack the most. But I do like guns, specifically the black powder guns used before and during the civil war era, of which I have a large reproduction collection set that I target practice with on a regular basis. There is just something about them that appeals to me, more so than modern guns. Not to mention I have a attraction to other things from the old west, from old security locks to old mechanized machines pulled by horse or mule. Anyway, like you, if were to assume all the attraction to this stuff was to come from a past life, I'd say the old west as well; or at least somewhere between 1750 to 1900. ;)

If anything, it makes one wonder.

PAWNING RESIDENT TROLLS

#17    mcamero

mcamero

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

Hello!

This is my first time on this forum. I am Religious Studies student from Cal State Northridge studying reincarnation and I would love to learn more about the experience!

Hello,
We are currently doing research on memory and identity in the context of reincarnation. A survey has been developed for those who have experienced reincarnation or believe in reincarnation. The survey is easily accessible through this link : https://s.qualtrics.....BrandID=qtrial
Thank you!

#18    krish55

krish55

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

This was a popular reincarnation case in the 1930s. The entire media in India was debating about it at that point in time. Even Gandhi got involved in this.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Shanti_Devi

#19    Jack Skellington

Jack Skellington

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

• I am a wanderer. A seeker of the Truth. I stumble often along the path and by the grace of God, discover much while on my knees.

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:54 AM

New Tom Cruise reincarnation movie plot...

Not Joemama
No longer AnneOminous

#20    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:46 AM

Every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end..

Before life there was something,
After life there is something,
Even when your life if through,
There's something to look forward to..

I've recently had a bit of insight into reincarnation that came as a bit of a surprise to me..

But what troubles me, is why the cloak and dagger secrecy?
Why this mysterious unwritten law that states that one life can have memory of the previous, and yet, can suffer the subtle energy consequences of past lives misdeeds?

Any insight folks?

#21    Euryleia

Euryleia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 69 posts

• In every tale and legend, there is a little bit of truth...

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:36 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 14 December 2013 - 01:46 AM, said:

I've recently had a bit of insight into reincarnation that came as a bit of a surprise to me..

Care to share some?

Since I was a kid i've always felt that I was a male, a soldier during WW2. My feelings that overwhelm me whenever I think about it tell me that the last location I've visited was Ukraine. I must have died in war because I feel nothing towards the possibility that I've lived long and aged to become an old man. Before I searched into Reincarnation in the past, i've noticed how much I got emotional whenever I came across a WW2 documentaries, drove past a military base, came face to face with military men. Anything WW2 related will make me feel really uncomfortable and a feeling of Nostalgia overwhelms me. I'm still experiencing it all even now. The simple thought about the WW2 era brings back images of locations that I could have visited in the past and the same emotional discomfort follows. But again, it's hard for me to believe in Reincarnation. The Abrahamic religions oppose Reincarnation, but what if there were hidden secrets in the Torah, Bible and Korean concerning Reincarnations? Buddhism has a different point of view.

Posted Image

"I heard singing before but...there's nobody here..."
Interest: Folklore, Paranormal.

#22    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

View PostEuryleia, on 16 December 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

Care to share some?

There is not much to tell really..

I was told by a Reiki Master/Clairvoyant that some of the issues I've had with my Solar plexus was due to a past life death caused by a spear through the solar plexus.. I wasn't told much, only that in this past life I had betrayed some people, hence why I was killed. This happened in ancient grease BTW..

... Though I do have an interest in past life, and do feel this this can occur, I am struggling to find any clue in my own life that can point to this being a reality in the subtle areas of my consciousness.. I've little interest in grease..  I can only recall one dream where I knew I was in grease.. My higher self has never given me a clue that I've been here in a past life.. The Insight I have about this past life IMO is a case of believe it or not, and to be honest, I've got no insight other than the words of a clairvoyant to go by, which is far to great a leap of faith for me to give.

Russia on the other hand is a country that I somehow feel connected to at subtle levels.. But grease? nope..

#23    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,584 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

I believe in reincarnation. It seems most things in the Universe recycle in some way, why not us? I've had personal experiences with myself and my son that support the belief in my mind, but yes, I understand they are in no way proof of anything.

Embrace the impossible.

#24    Jack Skellington

Jack Skellington

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

• I am a wanderer. A seeker of the Truth. I stumble often along the path and by the grace of God, discover much while on my knees.

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:09 PM

I'll share with you something I find absolutely fascinating regarding the idea of reincarnation...

First, it's probably important to define what I'm talking about with respect to reincarnation-- specifically I'm limiting the concept to that of being 'born again' as a human being, not as a plant or animal or something else, but simply as a new being--- a new life.

In the book of Revelation we get a peek at many 'other worldly' ideas-- a glimpse of what happens next regarding our existence.  Contained within are seven letters to seven churches each of which contain a promise to "those who overcome" (the world).

Things like-- "I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God."  (eternal life)

Here's another-- "He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death. (spiritual death)

And this---  "To him that overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna (knowledge). I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it."

This "white stone" is a new life.... with a new identity---  a new name known only to him that receives it.

The concept of a white stone was familiar to the readers at the time the scripture was written and it conveys the idea of a token, or-- a ticket to ride if you will.  Essentially, when you die physically-- your spirit returns to God and your life (worth) is measured and weighed (judged) on fair scales and your future is determined by 'what is best' done with/for you...  Those (spirits) who "remain" productive are returned to life anew-- with new souls (white stone) to live again-- without any consciousness of ever having been here before-- (a new name known only to him who receives it).

Not Joemama
No longer AnneOminous

#25    soulseeker

soulseeker

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

• All things are possible and impossible...science can prove how... but not why...

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

View PostChild of Toothless, on 02 June 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

I searched this forum for a reincarnation thread. Surprisingly, I never found it. So I just thought I'd make one up myself. So who here believes in reincarnation? You mind if we discuss it? For those who do believe, do you have any ideas of who you were in your past life?
I do believe in reincarnation. This belief stems mainly from my very strong belief that it takes more than 60 to 90 years for a soul to mature. Now I will attempt to,  as clearly as I can, explain the philosophical reasoning for my beliefs.

1) If we are "made in gods image" our soul would be more likely to be "like god" than our physical body or shell would.

2) If god created us "in his image" IMO it would then follow that he would want us to strive to have a pure soul like his/hers is.

3)I do not believe a human being will reincarnate into anything other than another human being. Being punished by coming back as an animal doesn't happen IMO coming back is punishment or reward enough and so will be the karma you carry from your previous life.

4) I also have a theory as to why we hurt so badly why bad things happen etc.....if god is pure, as is thought, a pure untainted god, cannot by itself feel pain and suffering heartbreak or even pure joy, because joy must have an opposite emotion to truly be felt. The same as a rich man will never enjoy a steak as much as a poor man will. At the end of each life god will feel the pain we suffered as much as if he/she had lived it with you.

5) I do not believe reincarnation is everlasting. I believe that as you go through your lives your soul matures a little more with each life and each lesson that life leaves your soul with, until a time when the soul decides that it cannot take anymore lives, or that it cannot learn anymore lessons, at which point the soul will "return to god".  When I say return to god I believe god to be pure light, our souls are pieces of this pure light, and when we chose to be done we go back into the light that IS god.

I would like to bring attention to the newest member of the endangered species list: Common Sense.

#26    Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen

El Lobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:35 AM

There are many interesting stories of past lives out there but I wouldn't go fishing for them on this website... Too many people believe they can "feel" past lives because they're some sort of special old soul. People who have romantic delusions of being cooler characters than they are in their current life. This is BS...

But I know people who have interesting stories on this, and I've read some very compelling stuff on the topic. There's very convincing research that has been done as well.

Life is too short to waste on responsibilities. :)

#27    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

Everyone is an "old soul," since we've all been percolating since the beginning.  Odds too that we are all the same soul.

Edited by Frank Merton, 17 December 2013 - 09:58 AM.

#28    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 5,406 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:31 AM

I`m still undecided if  there is reincarnation or is it just memory cells that are passed on in the DNA.

http://www.unexplain...pic=258903&st=0

What if your child...remembered dying...in a past life? This special explores many parents most closely guarded secret: their child is a reincarnation of someone who died violently and came back to life. A young boy who remembers falling to his death on 9/11. A daughter haunted by recollections of dying in the Oklahoma City Bombing. A toddler terrified by nightmares of a gruesome end in World War II. These are just a few stories of parents struggling with the Ghost Inside My Child.

http://www.biography...hild/episodes/0

Apparently some find that person that the child has the memory of , but is it really reincarnation? Could it be in the long  DNA of the child that some how they were related to that person  and just remember the memories, I would not like to think my loves now will be reincarnated in people that are scatter all over the world and I would never know them again.There are cases  of organ recipients that have the memories of their donors.Memory cells?

http://www.dailymail...human-soul.html

Edited by docyabut2, 17 December 2013 - 10:43 AM.

#29    tigersag

tigersag

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

I think a lot about the idea of a next life, not so much about past lives because I don't like looking back that much ;-)

If I had a past life I hope I was someone special to someone, coz that would really make me important rather then being any famous figure from history. It's every day people that make the world anyway.

About my next life I was thinking today that it's more about letting go of the things we THINK we are and moving on. I believe in 'the soul' as energy that is continued in some form or at least because even if we don't go to a next life, somewhere in space and time your life will begin again and maybe it's the same one with a different outcome. I think a lot of things are possible.

seeing death as the end may be realistic but it's boring and kind of negative. When you believe in an afterlife of anykind you have something to strive for, aside from making this life better for yourself and others on a daily, hour to hour basis.

#30    tigersag

tigersag

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

View PostEuryleia, on 16 December 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

Care to share some?

Since I was a kid i've always felt that I was a male, a soldier during WW2. My feelings that overwhelm me whenever I think about it tell me that the last location I've visited was Ukraine. I must have died in war because I feel nothing towards the possibility that I've lived long and aged to become an old man. Before I searched into Reincarnation in the past, i've noticed how much I got emotional whenever I came across a WW2 documentaries, drove past a military base, came face to face with military men. Anything WW2 related will make me feel really uncomfortable and a feeling of Nostalgia overwhelms me. I'm still experiencing it all even now. The simple thought about the WW2 era brings back images of locations that I could have visited in the past and the same emotional discomfort follows. But again, it's hard for me to believe in Reincarnation. The Abrahamic religions oppose Reincarnation, but what if there were hidden secrets in the Torah, Bible and Korean concerning Reincarnations? Buddhism has a different point of view.

Reincarnation was banned by some jojo about 1600 years ago. I think religion and spirituality should be seen as seperate. Having been raised Lutheran, I think faith is a personal thing, a bond between you and your god whoever that may be. Your God or the universe will watch you anyway wether those pesky humans thing they are the only living thing and the best thing in creation ever, yes or no. I wouldn't want to believe in a God that is not love because I believe God is love. It's like that song Betty Middler sings so well; we are instruments in a marching band, singing songs of hope.. from a distance... etc etc..

So you just go and believe whatever you want!!

Also about those uniforms.. I have the same with police uniforms somehow although I'm not a criminal and I'm an honest man they always scare me somehow, police officers or anything in a uniform like that. Maybe I lived in a corrupt police state in a past life.

Also tagged with reincarnation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users