Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

The Bentwaters Incident 1980


  • Please log in to reply
322 replies to this topic

#1    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Joined:26 May 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Spokane, Washington

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

I am a newbie here relatively, so forgive me if this is already on the forum. I did a search but nothing came up which surprised me. This morning I saw a show I have seen many times, but today was on H-2, and its been called Great Britians' Roswell. It happened in the Bentwaters  U.S. base,area of the U.K. Back in 1980 a ufo was seen at least twice, by several top Officers of the U.S. in the U.K. It was not only seen by many U.S. servicepeople, on the base. But a craft landed at least once, and the aliens and the US Servicepeople actually somehow as I understand it, communicated or tried to with the aliens.

I have seen this program at least 3 times if not more. There were notes taken by the Officers back in 1980 as well as a cassette recording of the encounter(s). I believe this is the real deal, and its clear all the personnel involved , still do to this day too. From what I recall most of the people involved were of high rankings on this base. Fascinating.


#2    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

    Overlord of Delgon

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Joined:06 Jan 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Beyond your dimension

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

Hi, I recommend searching these forums for Rendlesham (not Bentwaters), the case has been discussed at length and to death over the years.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#3    seeder

seeder

    Nut Cracker

  • Member
  • 10,001 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK. There if you need me

  • Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

Here you go - some former posts. I used the search phrase 'Rendlesham Forest ufo'

http://www.unexplain..._gcQ&tid=225740

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=222548

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=196993

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=190543

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=166550






View PostOppono Astos, on 02 June 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

Hi, I recommend searching these forums for Rendlesham (not Bentwaters), the case has been discussed at length and to death over the years.

:tu:   hehe, we think alike, while I was gathering the topics you posted it anyway!!




.

Edited by seeder, 02 June 2013 - 07:57 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#4    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 10,546 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:57 AM

According to Nick Redfern (yes yes yes I know. It's Nick Redfern, but still hear him out) Rendlesham Forest is a mecca for unusual sightings over the years. The UFO incidents being some of the more sensational, but it's also a home to daemon dogs and the odd phantom cat and ghostly army.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#5    coolguy

coolguy

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts
  • Joined:06 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:east islip , new york

  • Star trek rules

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:07 AM

That was a real UFO case.


#6    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 31,560 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:18 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 03 June 2013 - 03:57 AM, said:

According to Nick Redfern (yes yes yes I know. It's Nick Redfern, but still hear him out) Rendlesham Forest is a mecca for unusual sightings over the years. The UFO incidents being some of the more sensational, but it's also a home to daemon dogs and the odd phantom cat and ghostly army.

They all live in the Lighthouse.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#7    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 31,560 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:20 AM

View Postcoolguy, on 03 June 2013 - 04:07 AM, said:

That was a real UFO case.

Yes it was, then the details were entered, and it's just controversy now. Some still believe the original claim from some of those involved. RendleSHAM lived up to it's name.

LINK - All you ever needed to know about RendleSHAM and then some.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#8    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 10,546 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:01 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 03 June 2013 - 04:18 AM, said:

They all live in the Lighthouse.
The Jolly Rock Lighthouse?


OHH Don't go to the Jolly Rock, whatever you do...

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#9    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 31,560 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:08 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 03 June 2013 - 05:01 AM, said:

The Jolly Rock Lighthouse?


OHH Don't go to the Jolly Rock, whatever you do...

LOL yes! That is why The Goodies are trying to avert attention from there. Elvis, Morrison, Hendrix, they are all there.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#10    Epl442

Epl442

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined:03 Jul 2013

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

I think i may be one of the only witnesses in this that hasn`t written a book,made a dvd  etc etc
My reason for replying is simple .
it is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to see Orford ness lighthouse in Lowestoft/pakefield/wrentham & even southwold
until you "turn the bend" on the east coast to actually be able to see it it is impossible to be viewed from these villages.
In the 80/90s i had several things sent to UFO Magazine that were published so im not a newb im not promoting a website &
i dont wish to be famous .
I saw the NYE "Object" in the village of Carlton Colville ( i was 16)  in lowestoft along with 5 other witnesses.
Over the years i found 11 others from pakefield/wrentham/southwold who had simply been ignored by previous investigations,Especially those pushing
the lighthouse theory.
THIS WAS NO LIGHTHOUSE!
What we saw changed shape from pyramid to eliptical & was turning anti clockwise with 3 lights one on top 2 on the sides,it was not hurtling it was simply drifting & flew towards pontins (on the coast)& then in the general direction hugging the coast..It had a blue/purple translucent colouring.
2 of my friends  were freaked out by this & denied it ever happened....One messaged me one night out of the blue on faceache & suddenly blurted out that HE HAD seen it,it scared him & had "been with him his entire life"
2 long liners saw it as they were laying lines on NYE off pakefield & saw this for some 18 minutes-both ignored by ALL the top ufologists-after hearing of them-took me half hour to find them! Many people were at the denes holiday village for new year & several again saw it (these have been harder 2 track as they were of course on holiday).
Does make me smile that every book ever written is the "definative" account of Rendlesham when less than half the witnesses have even been located ! :alien: .

Living in the area you know whats true & what isnt & franky the lighthouse theory (cant remember who it was now his name escapes me ) is just nonsense.
Rendlesham now has a plaque & an official tour,not bad for something that did not happen.
The 2 bases can not be dismantled & the only way to destroy the bunkers is with bombs,so it has & always will be a base within a base.
The "tunnel" described in Brhunis book  was secured & the access in Corton Lowestoft was cut off after several people poked around there & found signs of underground activity.
why would a bird sanctuary have a sunken helicopter pad?
There were signs that stated there is a microwave radiation hazzard at above 3 metres
i had tales from a dozen people on the beach tellin me not to fish parralell to the "bird sanctuary" as when you cast out "something" melts your line & you snap off!
Just for the conspiracy theorists-at 1 mile there are 2 Marker buoys that say go away (in shipping terms not literally)
larry warren said the access to the underground tunnel -was 1 mile off the coast of lowestoft!
Still a good yarn anyway :)
great forum by the way very intersting stuff :tu:


#11    seeder

seeder

    Nut Cracker

  • Member
  • 10,001 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK. There if you need me

  • Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:53 AM

Im afraid I will always have mega-problems in comprehension, when talking of alleged craft that can change shape, or morph as people say. Its just way too bizarre and how on earth can it be possible?  And what would be the point of a morphing craft?

Really what will be the point? And what would a craft that 'could' change shape - do to its occupants?

Nah sorry, not buying it all, ever. Period!   But as you say, it does make a good tale

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#12    sam_comm

sam_comm

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Joined:02 Jun 2013

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

View Postseeder, on 03 July 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

Im afraid I will always have mega-problems in comprehension, when talking of alleged craft that can change shape, or morph as people say. Its just way too bizarre and how on earth can it be possible?  And what would be the point of a morphing craft?

There was a theory back in the 50' and 60' that the UFO seen in the sky were actually living beings, that dwells in the atmosphere.
Of course nowadays this hypopthetis is rejected for we know more scientifcally but perhaps what is refered to here is a recycling of this theory?

Edited by sam_comm, 04 July 2013 - 08:21 PM.


#13    Scudbuster

Scudbuster

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Joined:24 Mar 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Indiana

  • "This Train will stop at Tucumcari"

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

View PostEpl442, on 03 July 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

I think i may be one of the only witnesses in this that hasn`t written a book,made a dvd  etc etc
My reason for replying is simple .
it is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to see Orford ness lighthouse in Lowestoft/pakefield/wrentham & even southwold
until you "turn the bend" on the east coast to actually be able to see it it is impossible to be viewed from these villages.
In the 80/90s i had several things sent to UFO Magazine that were published so im not a newb im not promoting a website &
i dont wish to be famous .
I saw the NYE "Object" in the village of Carlton Colville ( i was 16)  in lowestoft along with 5 other witnesses.
Over the years i found 11 others from pakefield/wrentham/southwold who had simply been ignored by previous investigations,Especially those pushing
the lighthouse theory.
THIS WAS NO LIGHTHOUSE!
What we saw changed shape from pyramid to eliptical & was turning anti clockwise with 3 lights one on top 2 on the sides,it was not hurtling it was simply drifting & flew towards pontins (on the coast)& then in the general direction hugging the coast..It had a blue/purple translucent colouring.
2 of my friends  were freaked out by this & denied it ever happened....One messaged me one night out of the blue on faceache & suddenly blurted out that HE HAD seen it,it scared him & had "been with him his entire life"
2 long liners saw it as they were laying lines on NYE off pakefield & saw this for some 18 minutes-both ignored by ALL the top ufologists-after hearing of them-took me half hour to find them! Many people were at the denes holiday village for new year & several again saw it (these have been harder 2 track as they were of course on holiday).
Does make me smile that every book ever written is the "definative" account of Rendlesham when less than half the witnesses have even been located ! :alien: .

Living in the area you know whats true & what isnt & franky the lighthouse theory (cant remember who it was now his name escapes me ) is just nonsense.
Rendlesham now has a plaque & an official tour,not bad for something that did not happen.
The 2 bases can not be dismantled & the only way to destroy the bunkers is with bombs,so it has & always will be a base within a base.
The "tunnel" described in Brhunis book  was secured & the access in Corton Lowestoft was cut off after several people poked around there & found signs of underground activity.
why would a bird sanctuary have a sunken helicopter pad?
There were signs that stated there is a microwave radiation hazzard at above 3 metres
i had tales from a dozen people on the beach tellin me not to fish parralell to the "bird sanctuary" as when you cast out "something" melts your line & you snap off!
Just for the conspiracy theorists-at 1 mile there are 2 Marker buoys that say go away (in shipping terms not literally)
larry warren said the access to the underground tunnel -was 1 mile off the coast of lowestoft!
Still a good yarn anyway :)
great forum by the way very intersting stuff :tu:

EPL442- thanks for your recollections - it's remembrances such as these that place the Bentwaters incident high on my list of valid UFO incidents.


#14    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 17,634 posts
  • Joined:15 Feb 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Planet TEXAS

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

View PostEpl442, on 03 July 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

I think i may be one of the only witnesses in this that hasn`t written a book,made a dvd  etc etc
My reason for replying is simple .
it is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to see Orford ness lighthouse in Lowestoft/pakefield/wrentham & even southwold
until you "turn the bend" on the east coast to actually be able to see it it is impossible to be viewed from these villages.
In the 80/90s i had several things sent to UFO Magazine that were published so im not a newb im not promoting a website &
i dont wish to be famous .
I saw the NYE "Object" in the village of Carlton Colville ( i was 16)  in lowestoft along with 5 other witnesses.
Over the years i found 11 others from pakefield/wrentham/southwold who had simply been ignored by previous investigations,Especially those pushing
the lighthouse theory.
THIS WAS NO LIGHTHOUSE!
What we saw changed shape from pyramid to eliptical & was turning anti clockwise with 3 lights one on top 2 on the sides,it was not hurtling it was simply drifting & flew towards pontins (on the coast)& then in the general direction hugging the coast..It had a blue/purple translucent colouring.
2 of my friends  were freaked out by this & denied it ever happened....One messaged me one night out of the blue on faceache & suddenly blurted out that HE HAD seen it,it scared him & had "been with him his entire life"
2 long liners saw it as they were laying lines on NYE off pakefield & saw this for some 18 minutes-both ignored by ALL the top ufologists-after hearing of them-took me half hour to find them! Many people were at the denes holiday village for new year & several again saw it (these have been harder 2 track as they were of course on holiday).
Does make me smile that every book ever written is the "definative" account of Rendlesham when less than half the witnesses have even been located ! :alien: .

Living in the area you know whats true & what isnt & franky the lighthouse theory (cant remember who it was now his name escapes me ) is just nonsense.
Rendlesham now has a plaque & an official tour,not bad for something that did not happen.
The 2 bases can not be dismantled & the only way to destroy the bunkers is with bombs,so it has & always will be a base within a base.
The "tunnel" described in Brhunis book  was secured & the access in Corton Lowestoft was cut off after several people poked around there & found signs of underground activity.
why would a bird sanctuary have a sunken helicopter pad?
There were signs that stated there is a microwave radiation hazzard at above 3 metres
i had tales from a dozen people on the beach tellin me not to fish parralell to the "bird sanctuary" as when you cast out "something" melts your line & you snap off!
Just for the conspiracy theorists-at 1 mile there are 2 Marker buoys that say go away (in shipping terms not literally)
larry warren said the access to the underground tunnel -was 1 mile off the coast of lowestoft!
Still a good yarn anyway :)
great forum by the way very intersting stuff :tu:
Welcome to the Show Epl442 ~ Its good to read the bit on this ,We always like new members,please keep posting anything you remember about the case ~
justDONTEATUS :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#15    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,113 posts
  • Joined:03 Aug 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Royston Vasey

  • “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

View Postseeder, on 03 July 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

Im afraid I will always have mega-problems in comprehension, when talking of alleged craft that can change shape, or morph as people say. Its just way too bizarre and how on earth can it be possible?  And what would be the point of a morphing craft?

Really what will be the point? And what would a craft that 'could' change shape - do to its occupants?

Nah sorry, not buying it all, ever. Period!   But as you say, it does make a good tale


I'll go further than that, I have a problem with any ufo related story where said ufo makes a brief appearance only to disappear & never to be seen again, which pretty much is all of them. Would we spend the time & effort needed to develope inter-galactic space travel only to cross eons of space to scrabble around in the dirt & totally ignore any indigenous or intelligent life form, jump back on this ship never to return. The whole premise behind alien visitation is beyond a joke.

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 07 July 2013 - 08:41 PM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users