Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Man Stung to Death by 40,000 Killer Bees

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,209 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

This poor man was stung so many times there wasn't a place on him that didn't have a mark.  His neighbors wife and daughter tried to help but they were getting attacked also.  He died at the scene.

Another invasive species that I wish we didn't have.

http://www.rawstory....00-killer-bees/

#2    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

Well to be fair, if it didn't happen in America it'd have just happened where they're native, somebody would still be dead. I haven't read the article but bees normally attack only when provoked or they feel very threatened. And they must have for 40,000 to have attacked him.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#3    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,248 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

Someone counted exactly 40,000 bee stings on him?

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#4    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,267 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

From the article, this happened in Moody, a city not too far from Waco. There's a lot of people in that area.   This could happen again!

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,209 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:54 PM

View PostHeaven Is A Halfpipe, on 03 June 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

Well to be fair, if it didn't happen in America it'd have just happened where they're native, somebody would still be dead. I haven't read the article but bees normally attack only when provoked or they feel very threatened. And they must have for 40,000 to have attacked him.
The bad thing about African Honey bees the whole colony will gang up on you and with European only about 10% of the colony will attack.

His tractor hit a pile of wood they were in.

#6    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,676 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

So not that long ago we were told about  bees diminishing, looks like they have no intentions on doing that.
Rightly pointed out, they rarely attack unless provoked, so unless the flowers around that area have all been wiped out or interfered with, then the man must have done something to upset them somehow or maybe the bees are just evolving to survive and they see man as their biggest threat?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#7    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,457 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:04 PM

"The station reported that Goodwin was stung so much, there was no exposed skin that did not bear the marks of the attack. He was pronounced dead at the scene." Quote

How horrible :(

Posted Image

#8    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,387 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:33 AM

I don't think "attacked" necessarily means stung.   He was attacked by an estimated 40,000 bees and he was stung "thousands" of times which I can believe without counting if his body was completely covered in marks.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#9    cerberusxp

cerberusxp

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

• We all look for truth, however when we find it, some times we wish we hadn't. R. Burch

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

These Africanized bees should never have been. Some white coat. That had a local worker in South America ACCIDENTALLY released them many many years ago. Over the years they have slowly worked their way to N. America where they have killed many children. The funding agency that funded this researchers work should be held accountable for all deaths and attacks caused by these bees.

Like the movie: Jurassic park white coat research!
Makes one think what other deadly surprises are in store for all of us from white coat research.

Edited by cerberusxp, 04 June 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#10    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,050 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

I remember seeing 'Killer Bee' movies back in the 70's when the African Killer Bee was first thought to be a threat here in North America.

What a terrible way to go.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#11    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,691 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:40 PM

What a horrid way to die. I have to kind of wonder how big this brush pile was since he was using a tractor and they found 22 combs in it. That's a lot of combs all clustered together.

#12    harleyblueswoman

harleyblueswoman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

vibrations in the ground is enough for bees to attack!! Believe me....it happens to farmers all the time....and I was never aware until last summer when me and my husband was mowing our yard....he was on the rider and I was trimming with the push mower.....he went by a few pieces of wood by the old dog house....I came along right after and bees came out from under that wood and attacked me....stung me 12 times before he got the waterhose and got them off me....it was horrible....I have never been stung like that and it was horrific ....so I cannot even imagine what that poor man went thru!!!  I had no idea they built their hives under old wood laying around till I read up on them online. I now stear clear of any wood laying around!!! Apparently he stirred them up with the vibrations of the big mower and I came along and got the results!!!

#13    J. K.

J. K.

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

This probably a weird question, and I don't want it to sound insensitive.  I am very curious, though.  When bees attack, how do they home in on a living victim?  Or do they try to sting anything in the vicinity?

One's reality is another's nightmare.

#14    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,050 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

View PostJ. K., on 04 June 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

This probably a weird question, and I don't want it to sound insensitive.  I am very curious, though.  When bees attack, how do they home in on a living victim?  Or do they try to sting anything in the vicinity?
In a swarm situation they attack the first thing they can sting, then pharamones from the first, second, third etc stings lead all the other bees to the victim. Once you are a certain distance from that first attack they will eventually stop attacking (usually about 200 yards). This isn't true with killer bees though. They will chase a victim for close to a half mile before giving up.  
They key to surviving a bee attack is to run as fast and far away from the initial attack site as possible and keep your face covered. Once you are far enough away, remove as many stingers as you can by scraping a fingernail horizontally across the sting sites.

Edited by BiffSplitkins, 04 June 2013 - 05:44 PM.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#15    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

Africanized bees are a whole other ballgame.
You upset a bee hive and you might get a few stings while running away (kinda like the Duck Dynasty guys trying to get honey)
But you just enter the area where the African Bees are and they attack and they are relentless.
All because someone in Brazil had the bright idea of cross breeding the two different species.
He thought he could breed the killer instinct out of them and instead it went the other way and bred the killer instinct into otherwise harmless bees.
Then along came a worker and noticed the screens that were being used to keep the queen locked down and thought they didn't belong there and TADA!
Killer Queen on the loose. (and not the Freddie Mercury kind either)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users