Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

What do you make of this video?

ghosts video haunted hotel

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

Anyone seen this before? What's your opinion?

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

#2    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsafe at Any Speed

• 24,111 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:41 PM

yes, there is a kind of shadow that goes out of the Door, helpfully pointed out by "In case you missed it".
So can we assume it was a Poltergeist kind of ghost, or was it just disturbed in the middle of having a shower?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#3    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,515 posts

• Just because it is in a book doesn't mean it is real or even remotely true.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

The 'shadow' seems to have passed at the same time the 'investigator' was walking around shining his flashlight out towards the camera.
I don't see anything paranormal at all. Just a reflection.
Also..the video is ten years old, plenty of time to do some quick and dirty editing.

#4    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

View PostRockabyeBillie, on 04 June 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

Anyone seen this before? What's your opinion?

Definitely weird. Would like to have seen the footage of the state of the room, or pics at least. Would give more credence to the video and story. Did anyone else notice how the lights flickered after the apparition left the room? Weird....

#5    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsafe at Any Speed

• 24,111 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

View PostKowalski, on 04 June 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

Definitely weird. Would like to have seen the footage of the state of the room, or pics at least. Would give more credence to the video and story. Did anyone else notice how the lights flickered after the apparition left the room? Weird....
yes, if it had been left in the kind of state that they were talking about, you might think that they might have taken a few pictures of the room to illustrate, mightn't you.

* It's described in the viedo as a WINGATE HOTEL in Illinois, which is as vague as these things always are, isn't it. If they'd been more specific it might have been possible to find out if there'd been any other reports of anything happening, or whether anything else had happened.

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh, 04 June 2013 - 03:05 PM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#6    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

Yeah, I'm sorry but....

I feel it's all staged or edited.

1. Voice, They are using walkie talkies, John speaks into it yet we don't "hear" john, only the commentary. The only think makes this "creepy" is the commentary and it doesn't exactly match what is going on.
2. Why can't john turn the lights on, he doesn't even bother flicking the switch on.
3. If the shower was turned on, it would make a lot of steam, When John enters the room, I wouldn't be surpised that his flash light was the cause of the "ghost" that is moving in the hall way.
4. The carpet at the entrence looks fine.

Edited by Brian Topp, 04 June 2013 - 03:21 PM.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#7    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,304 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostKowalski, on 04 June 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

Yes I noticed the lights flickering, weird.  Would of been nice if we could of seen the inside of the room.  Wonder if someone died in that room.

#8    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,983 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 04 June 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm sorry but....

1. Voice, They are using walkie talkies, John speaks into it yet we don't "hear" john, only the commentary. The only think makes this "creepy" is the commentary and it doesn't exactly match what is going on.
2. Why can't john turn the lights on, he doesn't even bother flicking the switch on.
3. If the shower was turned on, it would make a lot of steam, When John enters the room, I wouldn't be surpised that his flash light was the cause of the "ghost" that is moving in the hall way.

agreed. Add in the fact that he doesnt go into teh bathroom to turn shower off, and then leaves whilst leaving door wide open. Also there could be something fishy with the cameras...the main camera is number 13 and it flicks to the next camera as number 7....there cannot possibly be 6 cameras in between these two so why the strange numbering? they usually follow a sequence, so I would have expected the other view to be number 10 or 11 or possibly 14 or 15...not 7.

granted not definitve but certainly more questions than a wow. IMo

#9    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,720 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 04 June 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm sorry but....

:tu:

I had many of the same problems. Especially the lights.
The ghost could have been running a cold shower. But why don't we hear the sound of the shower?
I also wondered if there was screaming that could be heard, wouldn't a room getting completely trashed also have made a lot of noise?
Any he left the door open and just walked away? Wouldn't he have at least shut the door, and probably stayed in the hall outside till the LEO showed up?
And a bit curious that he is in street clothes and not any sort of security uniform.
And yep, there should be pics out there somewhere of the interior if the LEO was called and there was that much damage. Of course that does not necessarily mean the general public would have access to them.
And just human nature- if there was that much ruckus going on, why isn't there a single guest out in the halls? People are curious.

I tried to backtrack the video, and only came up with one other poster, though he put up the same video several times, all with the comments disabled. Here's his "long version".

I went down his list.. it appears at one time this poster tried to do a kickstarter project for a paranormal film. Film makers always make me a bit leery of, um, accidental footage.

Edited by rashore, 04 June 2013 - 04:08 PM.

#10    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 3,025 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

There Is something wrong, walkie talkies are one way, we cant hear john at all yet we hear the screamong? And if people were complaining where are the looky loos

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#11    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 3,025 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:18 AM

Did more research, His profile says it all, as stated by Rashore, he has started a paranormal video.

http://www.kickstart...t-at-the-asylum

Notice the guy on the left? Guess who THAT IS! John from the haunted hotel

not convinced? Watch this almost EXACT ghost appearance on this youtube below, by the same person who created the haunted hotel.

Edited by Brian Topp, 05 June 2013 - 01:22 AM.

#12    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:55 AM

I saw the figure. His flashlight is to narrow of a light source to cause that. I say it could be staged.

#13    wimfloppp

wimfloppp

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:59 AM

Rubbish

#14    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

Well I was sure THIS was the one.

I mean after the boxes falling video..man..almost had me.

I nearly saw a shadow person with read eyes, turns out it was just brake lights.  The shadow was just that.  A shadow.

#15    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,043 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:57 PM

Finally found and dug up two of my favorite links on subject ... let's keep the discussion going :

15 Scariest Ghost Videos on the Web
by Lee Bains on October 31, 2008 at 10:02 PM

link

This video was captured by the girl’s mother. She was video shooting her making up at her table. She was shocked when viewing back this video and immediately notified her husband. They subsequently went to meet one of the famous Ghost Hunter. This video was submitted for public review and according to the girl’s mother, while she was video shooting her daughter, nothing unusual on the LCD. However, they felt a little colder inside her room.

link

I still can't put together the debunks and the bunks ... maybe you guys can ....

:tu:

~

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

Also tagged with ghosts, video, haunted, hotel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users