Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Sir David Attenborough,'urgent' heart surgery

sir david attenborough pacemaker heart surgery

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,326 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

Veteran BBC broadcaster Sir David Attenborough underwent successful heart surgery to fit a pacemaker in London today.

The 87-year-old, who was forced to cancel a trip to Australia, had been told by his cardiologist “that he is in urgent need of a pacemaker,” according to a statement from his publicist.

A spokesman for the naturalist said the TV star was doing well following the procedure today.

He said: "Sir David has now had the operation and his doctors are satisfied with his progress."

http://www.independe...ry-8643697.html

Posted Image

#2    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,243 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

get well soon Sir David ... one of my heroes ... a true hero at that ....

~

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

#3    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,282 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:21 AM

One man we can all look up to no matter our conviction. Get better Sir David, and we look forward to your honorable presence in our country. Thank you far making us all a little smarter.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#4    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 4,133 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 05 June 2013 - 05:21 AM, said:

One man we can all look up to no matter our conviction. Get better Sir David, and we look forward to your honorable presence in our country. Thank you far making us all a little smarter.

I agree on that, here's hoping he makes a fully and speedy recovery.

I was just watching his programs the other day and they've always been something I've enjoyed because you always learn something from them and see thins you never knew about.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
We'll just keep on trying till we run out of cake
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#5    Almagest

Almagest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

I don't know what the world would be like without his voice. Glad to see he's doing well.

Heaven and hell suppose two distinct species of men, the good and the bad. But the greatest part of mankind float betwixt vice and virtue. - David Hume

#6    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 9,940 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

he seemed to be struggling in his last show 'AFRICA' i hope he makes a full recovery and continues to make the awesome documentaries.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#7    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

A nature documentary is not the same without hearing the voice of Attenborough, he will get well soon...

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#8    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:04 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 05 June 2013 - 05:21 AM, said:

I am actually watching the "Human Planet" with John Hurt, narrating.. I was trying to think who is the narrator, before I saw the credits and immediately my first thought was Sir David.. This then brought back many memories of all the nature documentaries, I watched as a youngster.

Get well soon Sir David, you were the inspiration to me becoming one with the woodland critters and nature in general.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users