Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Aliens etc...

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16    frantic99

frantic99

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 01:55 AM

I just think it is kinda funny, that someone can't beleive in something that is almost a certainty. That we are not alone in this never ending universe. Most of my family doesn't even like to speak on the matter and they just tell me to shut up because I usually win in our debates on the extra terrestrial theory. They usually say that it is stupid to beleive in aleins, they usually say that they won't beleive in something that they cant see, and I usually tell them. " you wont beleive in something that thousands of people have seen all over the planet, but you will live your life by a book and a hope that this "man in the sky" is real. (if you know what im talkin about) wacko.gif  

#17    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,465 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 02 January 2004 - 05:01 AM

The incredible vastness of the universe makes the possibility for ‘intelligent’ life to exist highly probable. Conversely, the same premise must also be taken into account to appreciate how incredibly impossible it would be for some other alien race to locate and visit the Earth. No matter how much older and more advanced these races are, the distances involved are unbelievable.

I couldn't have said it better (I tried though in another thread).....Thanks MM thumbsup.gif  

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#18    KayEl

KayEl

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 05:11 AM

Ultimately, I think people are skeptical about alien beings ON EARTH rather than being OUT THERE.

I know there are alien beings out in the universe; the universe is too vast and there are too many stars and planets to say there isn't.

But when you think about it, what are the chances that these aliens are intelligent? Of all the species that have ever evolved on Earth, only ONE species in Earth's 4 billion years history was able to develope a high enough level of intelligence and self-awareness and created "civilization" and technology.

Of all the INTELLIGENT alien life out there, what are the chances that they have evolved advanced technology, much less have a level equal to our own?

And of all the alien life that have advanced technology, how many have technology advanced enough to travel through vast regions of space and visit other inhabited planets (providing they haven't blown themselves up already through their own conflicts). Perhaps it is a law of nature that intelligent beings will annihilate themselves in the end.

I am generally a skeptic when it comes to UFO sightings...but there are too many there to ignore... there are definitely something weird flying in the sky. Whether they are really extra-terrestrials, I don't know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users