Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Possible World-Record Shark Caught Off SoCal

monster shark shark huntington beach

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#46    praetorian-legio XIII

praetorian-legio XIII

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

• Beer; Now there's a temporary solution.

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

View PostYamato, on 11 June 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

No, that's not what I meant.  The day I went deep-sea fishing once as a child we were hoping to catch Red Snapper.  The woman next to me who kept dredging up sea monsters and shrieking bloody murder for it understood that well enough.   I meant I don't think they ever look down at a Salmon, Red Snapper, Tuna, Cobia etc and think "Nope, that's not the individual fish I was looking for. "  I think the problem in our understanding here then, if not deliberate, must be rhetorical, i.e. we don't differentiate a fish from fish because we're indoctrinated by practice, history, culture, utility and whatever not to view a fish as an individual.
Thats for the clarification of your orginal post. I didn't mean to come across all holier then thou but in alot of ways fishing is something of an art form and many, many people take it very, very seriously. Personally I'm always surprized if I catch anything, ever.

#47    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,182 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

It's estimated that humans kill 100 million sharks each year, 11,400 per hour.  Seven fatal shark attacks on humans globally in all of 2012 and that's what gets the press.    

http://news.discover...ally-130305.htm

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#48    Kazahel

Kazahel

Government Agent

• 3,997 posts

• What need is there of seeing, in the presence of His gratitude?

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:43 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 11 June 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

Did you ever have to eat what you caught or go hungry?

I do not think the picture is disgusting, it look rather good quality and quite clear.

I never ate what my father caught. I probably had beans on toast or something like that. I've never really been into sea food, I started eating salmon a year or so ago because I wanted lean high protein meat but that's the only reason. Now I'm mainly eating kangaroo. But yes I wouldn't kill the kangaroo myself because I wouldn't have the heart to do it. So I know it might be odd that I still eat the meat. I gives thanks to the spirit of the Kangaroo(and God) for it though. Which is something I don't think sport/fisherman generally do. But each to their own.

And the content of the picture doesn't have much to do with the quality of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users