Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Obama's Murder Victims Younger than Romney's

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,178 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:23 AM

Obama appointee rolls out her own style of Obamacare "Death Panels."

U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius reiterated Tuesday that she won’t intervene in the “incredibly agonizing” case involving a 10-year-old Pennsylvania girl who is waiting for a lung transplant.
Medical experts should make those decisions, said Sebelius, who was grilled by Republicans at a Congressional hearing about the situation involving Sarah Murnaghan, who has end-stage cystic fibrosis.

SNIP

Rep. Tom Price, R-Ga., a former doctor, told Sebelius that it would only take her signature to allow Sarah greater access to the life-saving organs.
Sarah’s parents are challenging current policy that prevents children younger than 12 from receiving adult organ transplants until all adults and teens on the list have been offered the organs -- even if the children are sicker. Younger patients receive priority for pediatric organs matched for size and age, but there are far fewer children’s organs available.

link

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#2    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:09 AM

View PostHarte, on 06 June 2013 - 01:23 AM, said:

Obama appointee rolls out her own style of Obamacare "Death Panels."

link

Harte

soo you are actually advocating that government be MORE involved in personal healthcare?!!! Not a very conservative or republican position. They might kick you out!

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#3    Harte

Harte

• 9,178 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:18 AM

Newsflash-

The child's predicam,ent was created by government intrusion.

I thought only Republican Presidential candidates were guilty of murdering people through witholding health care.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson

#4    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,112 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:35 PM

View PostHarte, on 06 June 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

I thought only Republican Presidential candidates were guilty of murdering people through witholding health care.

Harte

makes you wonder what else "you thought" didn't or wont turn up as you thought it would.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#5    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

That's a really sad story.....
:no:

#6    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

So if I read this correctly, she I still eligible for an adult organ, but only after the teens and adults on the list (who have a higher survival rate because of proper size matching) have gotten theirs.  This article could easily have read as, " Obama's death panel lets 16yr old die to give lung to 10 year old."

It is a sad story, but the problem doesn't lie with partisan politics.  It lies with a shortage of donors.

#7    Harte

Harte

• 9,178 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

It's a sarcastic reference to Mitt Romney's "murder" of the wife of a former employee, a "fact" trumpeted by the Libs during the election.

Harte

#8    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• 1,363 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:20 PM

Apparently if you have the money for a good lawyer you can bump yourself in the line now. http://vitals.nbcnew...ts-on-list?lite

#9    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,377 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:36 AM

View PostGromdor, on 06 June 2013 - 11:20 PM, said:

Apparently if you have the money for a good lawyer you can bump yourself in the line now. http://vitals.nbcnew...ts-on-list?lite

She didn't bump anyone.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#10    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• 1,363 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:44 AM

They bumped every other child on the children's waiting list who couldn't afford a lawyer.

#11    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,377 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:57 AM

No, she didn't bump anyone, besides you was talking about sixteen your olds.  Besides one day later a boy followed her to that list.  Who should be on the adult list or child list should be up to the doctor .  Not some paper pusher in washington.

Edited by danielost, 08 June 2013 - 03:03 AM.

There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#12    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• 1,363 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:26 AM

If you read the article, the way the current system works is as follows. Children and adults are on separate lists but whenever all the adults have their lungs then the children who have a lower survival rate because of the size difference can get an adult lung.  By having lawyers put them on the adult list they are skipping all the other children who also need lungs but can't afford a lawyer to put them on the adult list.  It's a crappy system with a 40% higher mortality rate than the first come first serve system, but instead of fixing the system these kids are bumping themselves ahead with media and lawyers.  Everyone on the list is going to die without a transplant.   Here is some more depressing news- 45% of lung transplant patients die before 5 years and only 30% make it to 10.

#13    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• 1,363 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:31 AM

If they actually put all the children on the adults list like they hinted at in this article, I wouldn't have a problem with it.  http://www.foxnews.c...ung-transplant/.

Edited by Gromdor, 08 June 2013 - 05:32 AM.

#14    Startraveler

Startraveler

Fleet Captain

• 4,524 posts

• Knowledge Brings Fear.

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:58 PM

View Postdanielost, on 08 June 2013 - 02:57 AM, said:

Who should be on the adult list or child list should be up to the doctor .  Not some paper pusher in washington.

This system is designed by doctors and patients. Which is exactly why Sebelius was reluctant to intervene and overrule it.

American Society of Transplant Surgeons Statement on Lung Allocation Policy June 6, 2013

Recent media attention has drawn into question the current system that governs the manner in which deceased donor organs are distributed and allocated. The Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network (OPTN) is charged by the government to facilitate this activity. OPTN policy development is a deliberative, dynamic process that includes frequent and significant input through a public comment process and final approval by a representative board that includes clinicians, living organ donors, donor families, and recipients. The National Organ Transplantation Act (NOTA) established this process to ensure that both current medical science and patients’ perspectives are at the forefront.

ASTS and AST support OPTN policies that are based on the best available medical judgment, scientific evidence, and principles of equality, and a continuous refinement of OPTN policies to best serve patients done in an organized and deliberative fashion. We believe it would be unwise to change or otherwise obfuscate current policy without the deliberative approach mandated within NOTA.

In other words, Sebelius bending to political expediency wouldn't serve anyone well in the long run.

#15    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,377 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

I take it you messed the line.the optn is charged by the government.. which means the government has the last word on it, and like anything else controled bythe government one size fits all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users