Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Obama's Murder Victims Younger than Romney's

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,176 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

View Postdanielost, on 08 June 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

I take it you messed the line.the optn is charged by the government.. which means the government has the last word on it,

No, that's not what it means. At all.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#17    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

It ooks several of you are going to get your wish.  She is dieing.  She is on a resperater now.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#18    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,627 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:31 PM

I don't think anyone here was wishing for that child to die.

#19    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:07 AM

View PostHilander, on 09 June 2013 - 11:31 PM, said:

I don't think anyone here was wishing for that child to die.

No just stay on the child list instead having a chance at a lung.

There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#20    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:51 AM

Every single one of the children and adults waiting for a lung transplant has a name and people who love them.  Four of them die every week.  I care about them all, which is why I am against the idea of having the government or lawyers pick who gets to be or not to be one of those four.

I must say I am a bit disappointed in you Danie.  I respect your compassion but you have a really bad habit of projecting negative traits on people who disagree with you on difficult topics, like this one or abortion for example.  Not everyone who disagrees with you wants babies to die.

#21    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:02 AM

View PostGromdor, on 10 June 2013 - 02:51 AM, said:

Every single one of the children and adults waiting for a lung transplant has a name and people who love them.  Four of them die every week.  I care about them all, which is why I am against the idea of having the government or lawyers pick who gets to be or not to be one of those four.

I must say I am a bit disappointed in you Danie.  I respect your compassion but you have a really bad habit of projecting negative traits on people who disagree with you on difficult topics, like this one or abortion for example.  Not everyone who disagrees with you wants babies to die.

View PostGromdor, on 10 June 2013 - 02:51 AM, said:

I agree with you on gov. And lawers.  It should be the doctors choose.  Her doctor wanted her on theadult list.  They put her on the child list because of the rules.  Which the government decided to inforce.  So you see the gov was already invoved

#22    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,511 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

View Postdanielost, on 10 June 2013 - 03:02 AM, said:

I agree with you on gov. And lawers.  It should be the doctors choose.  Her doctor wanted her on theadult list.  They put her on the child list because of the rules.  Which the government decided to inforce.  So you see the gov was already invoved

You are still not reading it right!! The Gov do not get to have the final say on ANY transplant, it is entirely down to the EXPERT group of donors and doctors to decide on appropriateness of the procedures.

Get off of your high horse and just accept that you either mis-read or mis-understood.

#23    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,176 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:17 PM

View Postdanielost, on 10 June 2013 - 03:02 AM, said:

Which the government decided to inforce.

No that's not what happened. The government decided NOT to get involved.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#24    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:43 AM

The lady working for the government said she wished she could have put the girl on the list and was happy the jugde ordered her to.  Sounds like involvement to me.

#25    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• 2,035 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

Looks like OPTN decided not to put allow putting all the children on the adults list. They are going to make an appeals process to stop the lawsuits from happening.

"I think what they're trying to tell the judge is `We have a system. It's working. Let us decide, not you," said Dr. Arthur Caplan, a bioethicist at New York University Langone Medical Center.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c...s#ixzz2Vw16EmPH

Seems pretty cold to me but they did say:

The executive committee of the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network held a teleconference to consider children who seek to qualify for adult lungs, and many members voiced serious ethical and medical concerns about a recent federal judge's ruling that questioned the existing system

#26    Startraveler

Startraveler

Fleet Captain

• 4,539 posts

• Knowledge Brings Fear.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:53 PM

View Postdanielost, on 08 June 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

I take it you messed the line.the optn is charged by the government..

Yeah, HHS said to OPTN: "hey, come up with an evidence-based, scientific way of allocating the very limited number of organs that are available for transplant."

OPTN did this. The U.S. abides by it. You're the one that's demanding that the government (in the form of Kathleen Sebelius) step in and overturn that process. A dangerous precedent, no matter how sad any individual person's story is.

Edited by Startraveler, 11 June 2013 - 10:53 PM.

#27    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

Girl to Get Lung Transplant From Adult Donor Amid Controversy

The 10-year-old girl whose family fought the so-called Under 12 Rule for the past several weeks will receive a lung transplant today from an adult donor, her aunt told ABC News.
Sarah Murnaghan, 10, of Newtown Square, Pa., was dying of cystic fibrosis when her family brought the Under 12 Rule, a little-known organ transplant policy, to national attention after arguing that the rule had been unfairly pushing Sarah to the bottom of the adult lung transplant waiting list. The family won a court order to put Sarah on equal footing with adults on the transplant list and prompted an Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network policy change.
"Sarah got THE CALL," her mother, Janet Murnaghan, wrote on her Facebook page. "She will be taken back to the OR in 30 minutes."
Family spokeswoman Tracy Simon told ABCNews.com that the surgery was expected to take several hours.

Hope the surgery goes well for her! :)

#28    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:17 AM

I find out something today.  All of kids were put on the adult list.  Thanks to this girl's parents who wouldn't give up and ddn't listen o the government.

#29    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• 2,035 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

They weren't.  OPTN set up an appeals process to stop the lawsuits but still is keeping the old system.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c...s#ixzz2Vw2DGBMM

I have to ask.  Are you reading about this or are you getting your information secondhand from someone else?

#30    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostGromdor, on 13 June 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

They weren't.  OPTN set up an appeals process to stop the lawsuits but still is keeping the old system.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c...s#ixzz2Vw2DGBMM

I have to ask.  Are you reading about this or are you getting your information secondhand from someone else?

Fox news braocast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users