Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

NSA Requests ALL Phone Records From Verizon

• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

#1    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:48 AM

This is getting to be surreal...

http://www.washingto...lls-in-the-u-s/

http://www.usatoday....ecords/2394751/

http://www.wired.com...n-call-records/

http://www.guardian....zon-court-order

"Under the terms of the order, the numbers of both parties on a call are handed over, as is location data and the time and duration of all calls."

"The National Security Agency (NSA) has been collecting telephone records of millions of Verizon customers – right down to local call data – under a top-secret court order issued in April."

"Verizon is required to turn over information on all domestic and international calls on an "ongoing, daily basis," even if customers are not suspected of a crime"

Now, allegedly this order was granted for 3 months (May to July 19) and the content of the calls wasn't/isn't being recorded, but I would love to know what super-secret-mission they have going on that requires the phone records of every single Verizon customer in all of the United States!

Your move, America :unsure2:

Exploring your own consciousness is the fundamental right of every individual

Locking people in a cage because they choose to exercise that right should be considered a crime against humanity

#2    Dan'O

Dan'O

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:14 AM

POPULAR

Amendment IV of The Bill of Rights
(Privacy of the Person and Possessions)

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."
-James Madison

#3    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,438 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:24 AM

The government is taking away the 4th Amendment from us with another excuse for every move it makes.   That reason alone is reason to rebel, else we deserve neither liberty nor security.   Forget "the Arab Spring",  the extent of the rebellions of the 21st century aren't going to be contained by any geographical region or ethnicity.

I think unconstitutional government needs to hit people in the wallet before they wake up because it's too easy to fall asleep behind familiar walls.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#4    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:20 AM

View PostDan, on 06 June 2013 - 05:14 AM, said:

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."
-James Madison
yeppers until the fear passed the patriot act nullifying that part...

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#5    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:22 AM

Dan I meant to respond to your first quote...

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#6    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,293 posts

• ראה

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:19 AM

Anything which travels through the air is already available, including all conversations. So a warrant is just a formality.

The people charged with keeping such secrets aren't subject to oversight.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#7    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,987 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:29 AM

I begin to think that the US Constitution is not unlike the Bible or the Q'uran in being misapplied too literally, and if this continues the document will become a noose around the neck of good and effective governance.

I also find it odd that those who preach ideological Constitutionalism seem unwilling or unaware that the document itself gives the Judicial power to the courts.  Second-guessing the courts seems to be an American habit with harmful consequences.

#8    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,296 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:27 AM

what bollocking right does an American agency have to my private phone calls in Australia?

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#9    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• 1,499 posts

include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

This information is only available because of a leaked document - that's the other side of this freak show. How many other times have the NSA logged millions of calls? It's so blatant, too. Not even targeting "terrorists" anymore...I wonder if this was a purposeful leak to instill a little fear into Americans and make them a little more careful of using anti-government speech..

Locking people in a cage because they choose to exercise that right should be considered a crime against humanity

#10    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,637 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:22 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 06 June 2013 - 09:27 AM, said:

what bollocking right does an American agency have to my private phone calls in Australia?
zero  right..... and it is a clear violation of our founding principles here.  Yet it passes and nothing is done.  When such grievances pile on one another and the people do NOTHING to stop them, why shouldn't a government take all they are given?  It has become so outrageous that it seems blood will literally have to be spilled before anyone takes notice or rouses from lethargy.  All the people of this country really want for is a leader.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#11    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• 1,499 posts

include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

View Postand then, on 06 June 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

zero  right..... and it is a clear violation of our founding principles here.  Yet it passes and nothing is done.  When such grievances pile on one another and the people do NOTHING to stop them, why shouldn't a government take all they are given?  It has become so outrageous that it seems blood will literally have to be spilled before anyone takes notice or rouses from lethargy.  All the people of this country really want for is a leader.

Unfortunately, that's where all this is headed.  The US has gone full speed ahead these last few years on putting a chokehold on its citizens. They have just enough legal safeguards in place where they don't even try to hide the tyranny anymore. Police literally dressing up in full combat gear to march on even the most peaceful protests. I'm sure you've seen the polls: there's a large number of Americans who are fed up and believe civil war is imminent in the next few years. I can't believe the times we live in!

#12    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 06 June 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

This information is only available because of a leaked document - that's the other side of this freak show. How many other times have the NSA logged millions of calls? It's so blatant, too. Not even targeting "terrorists" anymore...I wonder if this was a purposeful leak to instill a little fear into Americans and make them a little more careful of using anti-government speech..

Most likely. Never underestimate the power of fear....

Whether we speak of a Warfare State, like the United States, or of a Welfare State, as exists in France and Quebec, both types use fear to keep their populations in check. If it is true that modern democracies are dependent on public opinion, it is equally true that public opinion in turn is largely dictated by fear.

Machiavelli famously expressed the simple principle behind this strategy: "Since it is difficult to join them together, it is safer to be feared than to be loved when one of the two must be lacking."

Taken from http://www.quebecois...9/090115-16.htm

#13    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

But, but, but, our government would not do this to us.  We are the land of the free and the home of the brave, a model for the rest of the world.  Our government works only for our best interests.  I know this because the President said so! :innocent:

#14    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,438 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 06 June 2013 - 08:29 AM, said:

I begin to think that the US Constitution is not unlike the Bible or the Q'uran in being misapplied too literally, and if this continues the document will become a noose around the neck of good and effective governance.

I also find it odd that those who preach ideological Constitutionalism seem unwilling or unaware that the document itself gives the Judicial power to the courts.  Second-guessing the courts seems to be an American habit with harmful consequences.
Your first statement is so stunning I'm not even going to respect it with a response.  Moving onto your 2nd statement...

The federal government is a terrible arbiter of the federal government.   The founders realized this and devised a brilliant design keeping three distinct branches uniquely divided in power.  Over more than two centuries of practice we're experiencing too much overlap.   Activist judges writing the law of the land, derelict Congress shirking its responsibility, overzealous executives playing the role of all three branches.  If we don't contain our government with the rule of law, we will not constrain its power and liberty dies.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#15    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,251 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

Posted Image

gom'ents all over just wants us all to keep mind on this idiot ....

~

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users