Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 2 votes

So the events of The Conjuring movie are real

evil demons ghosts spirits energy

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#46    shephardess

shephardess

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

deleted stupid post

Edited by shephardess, 03 August 2013 - 08:34 AM.

#47    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

• ~*★*~Engine of destruction~*★*~

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

The Warrens are IMO just exploiters and money makers.

As many 'exorcisms' and 'demonic activity' they have supposedly witnesses and not one video???  Thats the stuff that comes out the backside of a bull.  And yes there were video cameras back then.  I'm a child of the 70's and my dad was in Vietnam and he brought home videos and I have videos of me as a baby from 1971.

Baloney to both of them.  They found a way to make money and did it.  For that kudos.

#48    Draco20

Draco20

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

View Post_Only, on 03 August 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

So yeah, not just 2 movies. Make of it what you will.

As far as I knowThe Warrens were not involved in the movie ''The Haunting in Connecticut''. According to Lorraine Warren, the movie was "very, very loosely based" on their investigation. So, if their story inspired filmmakers to actually produce a films as the subject of paranormal and unexplained is quite appealing to the public, I don't see anything wrong about it.

As for all the books The Warrens writted over the years, I don't see anything suspicious in this. The Warrens are very open people . There is a tremendous amount of paranormal books out there and some Authors have written a tone of books sharing their stories or deepening subjects. Just take a look at Rosemary Ellen Guiley, she has written more than 45 books! She is actually very passionate on this subject and share her opinions and point pf views on many topics. Sharon Day has written a fair amount of book too. If you like what you do than chances are you will go some way with your passion.

So, to me apparearing on TV and writting books doesn't make The Warrens guilty of fraud and lies. Again, I do not agree and support all the Warrens claims and interpretations but It will take more proofs than 'hear saying' that which simply isn't there.

Edited by sam_comm, 03 August 2013 - 10:36 PM.

#49    Belial

Belial

Love me grub i do.

• 4,430 posts

• We all want to go to heaven, but no one wants to die to get their.

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:07 AM

I went to see the film the other day, it just reminded me of three other films in this vein, and two of them had the Warrens involved in some way?
That said it was a good flick, i especially liked the witch's scream from the basement while strapped to chair, the whole house shook, and in a cinema very loud effect, oh the hanging bare feet did it for me also, very real looking manky feet lol.

Where it states "For official use only" - gently rub a white wax candle over the area indicated.

#50    EllJay

EllJay

Government Agent

• 3,700 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:32 AM

Andrea Perron one of the family members who lived on the farm actually took the time to answer the question of how true is the true story behind The Conjuring.
Andrea Perron wrote a three part book on her experiences growing up on the farm called House of Darkness, House of Light and she wrote to us to share a very small bit of detail on the film;
Andrea Perron writes to me quote;

Dear Herner ~
On behalf of my entire family, thank you for the fine and balanced reporting in this article. For the purpose of clarification, “The Conjuring” IS based on a “true story”…our story. However, the film is not based on my trilogy “House of Darkness House of Light”. It is, instead, based upon the case files of Ed & Lorraine Warren.
They conducted an investigation of our home between 1973-74 and the movie tells our story from their perspective.
I welcome the inclusion of the video which involves my mother, as it introduces your readers to her in a way which will enhance their appreciation of the film. There is no conceivable way to condense what we as a family endured in the farmhouse into a two-hour motion picture but James (Wan) captured the essence of it and for this I will remain eternally grateful. I’ll tell you what’s scary — turning your life story over to strangers with the stroke of a pen on a contract. Mortified by the notion, I took the ultimate leap of faith.
Though Mrs. Warren and I both provided the studio with more information than they could handle, the screenwriters had much to pick & choose from, amalgamating it into a cohesive rendering which I am proud of, having been privileged to see it as a private screening last March. The film is amazing and nothing anyone expects. It is a fair reflection of the chaos and danger we faced at the farm. The entire true story is chronicled in the books but the movie stands alone as a work of art — not fiction.
There are liberties taken and a few discrepancies but overall, it is what it claims to be — based on a true story, believe it or not. Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or comments and once again, thank you for your fair and consistent treatment in this piece. Yours in spirit ~ Andrea

http://www.horror-mo...ing-true-story/

"Opinions are like a**holes - everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#51    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:32 AM

I thought it was basically a film full of clichés with parts of Paranormal Activity, Poltergeist and the sub par slew of possession based movies that've done the rounds recently. Extremely underwhelming compared to the truly ambitious horror greats. As for the Warrens, there are countless events that happen in homes with extreme history, I have no opinion on how true their experiences are. You just never know cause so much gets lost in translation and exploitation. I certainly believe there are houses that deliver a couple of the events in the film but not that severely in regards to possession and absolute carnage in wreckage.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#52    JamieSymptom

JamieSymptom

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

View Postsam_comm, on 01 August 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

That is your opinion, if you don't want to believe any basis of truth of the Warren's investigations that is up to you. It's not meant to convinced the die-hard skeptics that demonic forces exist. It's the events of an old case of the 70' related. As I pointed out, I don't think they were expected everyone to believe them. I myself have some difficulties with it because I can't imagine how it would be to be involved in this as it was not really my notion of reality that I builded over the years. When I mentionned that they were working alongside the catholic church it not to boost their credibility but to refer to the fact that the Catholic church works on possession cases since a very long time and I personally believe that they have come across serious challenges over the years in some extreme cases.

I don't want to flog a dead horse here, but The Warrens and the Catholic church both have a vested interest in continuing to claim that demons are possessing people, and to completely disregard medical diagnosis and/or hoaxing when coming to their conclusions. If both the Warrens and the Church have been seriously investigation demonic possession for such a long time, then the fact that neither can produce any solid evidence that such a phenomena even exists speaks volumes.

I suspect myself that the only reason demonic possession is still seriously considered as a possibility by anybody in the developed world is because some good scary films have been made on the subject.

View Postsam_comm, on 01 August 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

As for the Perron family, I do think they may have lived something real, as their story is consistant. Andrea Perron is the more open about it. Actually the case was made public in 2011 in a memoire “House of Darkness, House of Light: The True Story” by Andrea and was hidden to the public for years. There was not any mention of making a film about it. when he heard of it, the story did fascinated Wan and decided that he wanted to make a film, The Conjuring. So, I do not believe that Andrea Perron or any member of the Perron support Lorraine Warren's view or created a horror story to make money... It is not the Lutzes hoax in which the Warren were used as puppets and has simply nothing to do with Amittyville...

Your info here directly contradicts the history of the film's development as cited on wikipedia - according to the cited sources, the Warrens have been trying to get this film developed for 20 years or so. To you know, make money. Like they did with Amityville.

Posted Image

#53    Draco20

Draco20

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:21 AM

View PostJamieSymptom, on 05 August 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:

I don't want to flog a dead horse here, but The Warrens and the Catholic church both have a vested interest in continuing to claim that demons are possessing people, and to completely disregard medical diagnosis and/or hoaxing when coming to their conclusions. If both the Warrens and the Church have been seriously investigation demonic possession for such a long time, then the fact that neither can produce any solid evidence that such a phenomena even exists speaks volumes.

I suspect myself that the only reason demonic possession is still seriously considered as a possibility by anybody in the developed world is because some good scary films have been made on the subject.

You know, Demons is but one term of terminology and many religions have in their own traditions and definitions of malevolent entities wreaking havoc in one's life. The Jews call them ''Dybbuk'' and concerning the Muslim it is ''Djinn'' for exemple. So, it is not only a invention of the Catholic church to keep a firm grip on the faithful. As to ''completely disregard'' the medical aspect of a victim this is simply not true in our epoch. Actually it's the first thing that they look at when the Catholic church in called for a case. The Warrens have produced evidences of demonic possessions but I think it is fair to mention that at that time the technology wasn't as effcient and convenient as today. But they do have some recordings and maybe some photos. But as for excorcisime in general, some have been filmed entirely and have been made available for the public.

View PostJamieSymptom, on 05 August 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:

Your info here directly contradicts the history of the film's development as cited on wikipedia - according to the cited sources, the Warrens have been trying to get this film developed for 20 years or so. To you know, make money. Like they did with Amityville.

The memoire of Andrea Perron grealty inspired James Wan to make this film.

But indeed a friend of Ed and Lorraine, DeRosa-Grund a producer wanted to make 20 years again after The Warrens showed him a tape of the interview ith Carolyn Perron but it simply didn't get enough support at that time. The public, you and me wasn't aware of the case since 2011 after andrea's memoire was released. So, baiscally speaking it was hidden.

Edited by sam_comm, 06 August 2013 - 12:23 AM.

#54    Finity

Finity

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:33 PM

And who says it's real? The people that made it?
What people tell you and the truth are often different, especially when the media is involved :P

Edited by Finity, 08 August 2013 - 10:33 PM.

#55    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,381 posts

• ~*★*~Engine of destruction~*★*~

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:40 PM

Well I'd sure like to see the video that would convince me.

Also tagged with evil, demons, ghosts, spirits, energy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users