Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The stunning decline of Barack Obama: 2013

obama

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

The stunning decline of Barack Obama: 2013. Ten key reasons why the Obama presidency is in meltdown

The last few weeks have been among the worst of Barack Obama’s time in office, recalling earlier periods of turmoil for the president in 2010and 2011, when his ratings also plummeted. In 2013, the situation is significantly worse for the White House, with the Obama administration engulfed in a series of major scandals (IRS persecution of conservative groups, the Benghazi debacle, and the Justice Department seizure of journalists’ phone records) that are not only eroding trust in government but also in the office of the president itself. This is undoubtedly a period of steep decline for the Obama presidency, whose imperial-style big government approach is being increasingly questioned not only by American voters, but also by formerly subservient sections of the liberal-dominated mainstream media. In contrast to his first term, Barack Obama is finding himself less and less shielded by the press, and far more vulnerable to public criticism.
With good reason, Americans don’t feel optimistic about their country’s future with President Obama at the helm. According to the RealClear Politics polling average, less than one in three Americans believe the United States is heading in the right direction. A new Economist/YouGovpoll has the president’s job approval rating at just 46 percent, with 49 percent of Americans disapproving. Strikingly, 35 percent of Americans “strongly disapprove” of the president’s job performance, 15 points higher than the number who “strongly approve.” A mere 31 percent of Americans surveyed by YouGov believe the United States is “generally headed in the right direction.”

Taken from: http://blogs.telegra...is-in-meltdown/

Edited by Kowalski, 07 June 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#2    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,574 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:33 PM

yea he is not as popular anymore,  but it does not matter, he is still a prez, and unless he is cought in a sex scandal, he wont go anywhere until 2016

RESIDENT TROLL.

#3    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,445 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

View Postaztek, on 07 June 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

yea he is not as popular anymore,  but it does not matter, he is still a prez, and unless he is cought in a sex scandal, he wont go anywhere until 2016

That is a perfect reason to get the crybabies in the House and Senate to actually work with this Presidentr.  There will be no change until 2016, so lets try to get SOMETHING accomplished.

But, I'm sure it will be more temper tantrums and political posturing.

It's no wonder than most of America hates politics and the do-nothing-until-our-guy-wins attitude.

#4    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,253 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

View Postsupervike, on 07 June 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

It's no wonder than most of America hates politics and the do-nothing-until-our-guy-wins attitude.

.... even if the whole country goes to hell in a hand basket...

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#5    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 07 June 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

.... even if the whole country goes to hell in a hand basket...

Actually I feel much safer when the federal government is in gridlock. It is about the only time I feel safe from them anymore. Who do you think is driving the whole county to hell? I think it is the federal government.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#6    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

POPULAR

I don't think there is really a difference between the political parties anymore, just two arms on the same body.  All that matters is pushing through their agenda, and to hell with the public.

#7    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,449 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

These guys and gals are just listening intently for the end of the music so they can be sure to get a chair.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#8    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,439 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

Following the election, I made the point that, just like in 2004, in 6 months both Democrats and Republicans will be scratching their heads wondering how this guy got reelected.  Up until the past couple of months, all of Obama's scandals could easily be dismissed as simple partisan attacks, but the IRS and NSA stuff is really hitting people hard regardless of party.  When you have a President stand up today and say "trust me" no one is listening in on your phone calls and none of this will be used against you, it's kind of hard to believe that when we're seeing what's going on at the IRS and realizing that they will soon be in charge of enforcing our healthcare policy.

"Hmmm, this guy needs a new kidney.  Let me get him on the list.  Oh, wait, lookee here, he gave $200 to the Romney campaign.  Back of the line ****er!"  You say that will never happen.  Well, the IRS has already been caught targeting Romney donors.  And even if you think it's silly conspiratorial crap, do you want the next Republican administration to have that kind of power?

Keep in mind that all of this is coming from a President that ran AGAINST all of this - Gitmo, the wars, the Patriot Act, FISA, big money, big oil, banks, bailouts, crony capitalism, the crashing economy, etc. etc.  He was going to change all of this.  It was a new day in Washington.  Camelot was visible again.  The grand promise that had been hijacked over the past 8 years would be recaptured and fulfilled.  America would be great again.

Edited by Rafterman, 07 June 2013 - 08:47 PM.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#9    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,802 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

View Postsupervike, on 07 June 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

That is a perfect reason to get the crybabies in the House and Senate to actually work with this Presidentr.  There will be no change until 2016, so lets try to get SOMETHING accomplished.

But, I'm sure it will be more temper tantrums and political posturing.

The main problem being half or more of the country vehemently opposes almost everything this President wants.  I personally would prefer 4 years of no progress than 4 years of Obama Progress.

#10    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,445 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:12 AM

View PostWickian, on 07 June 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

The main problem being half or more of the country vehemently opposes almost everything this President wants.  I personally would prefer 4 years of no progress than 4 years of Obama Progress.

So, just like I said....do-nothing-until-our-guy-wins.

He was elected by half or more of the country, so wouldn't it make sense to at least try some of what the President wants?  The American people want progress, not more posturing.

#11    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,732 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:53 AM

View Postmoonshadow60, on 07 June 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

I don't think there is really a difference between the political parties anymore, just two arms on the same body.  All that matters is pushing through their agenda, and to hell with the public.

Falling under the main two guises of Republican and Democrat to divide the country. But when either is in office. There is no real difference in the end.

#12    Big Jim

Big Jim

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:00 AM

We should all bow down to honor BHO and respect him in every way.  We are the reason that his brilliant and benevolent policies are not working.
( I have to be careful about expressing an honest opinion.  You never know who might be listening.  I wouldn't want to end up in the wrong group when the government starts counting up who is with them and who is not.  I was born in America but one of us has moved.  Not sure where I live now)  All hail the Bright Honest Omnipotent leader.

#13    xFelix

xFelix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

• Yea I'm Pagan, oh no!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:17 AM

Aww come on guys, don't be all doom and gloom about this. You can still lead a happy life so long as you OB3Y. ;)

Edited by xFelix, 08 June 2013 - 03:18 AM.

My posts consist of my opinions, beliefs, and experiences, feel free to disagree in a respectful manner.

I have a right to my beleifs, just as you have a right to not agree with them.

So long as we respect each other's beliefs, we won't have a single problem.

#14    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

I don't think any of them have the excuse of saying they are doing this for our safety.  If they cared about our safety they would close the border and I don't see them doing that, do you?

#15    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,732 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:47 AM

View Postmoonshadow60, on 08 June 2013 - 10:21 PM, said:

I don't think any of them have the excuse of saying they are doing this for our safety.  If they cared about our safety they would close the border and I don't see them doing that, do you?

Apart from the drug war spilling over the border. I don't really see how that would help. It's the laws on the drugs that need to change so the cartels won't find enough of a profit.

Also tagged with obama

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users