1. Clairsentience is the art of psychic feeling. Basically, a clairsentient child feels everything. She picks up energy from a crowd, at the grocery store, in a hectic classroom. She may feel energy over distance (knowing Grandma has the flu - even if Grandma lives 2,000 miles away). She may "just know" stuff, such as "That's not a nice man," or "That dog is lost." Clairsentients may also have the ability to hold objects in their hand, and to tell you about the owner or its history (psychometry).
2. Clairaudience is the art of psychic hearing. If your child is clairaudient, she will hear things - unfortunately, this does not mean she will hear you calling her for dinner! She may hear via spirit guides, angels or other entities. For younger kids, this may show up as an imaginary playmate. She may hear in her "mind's ear." She may also hear music.
3. Clairvoyance is the art of psychic seeing. If your child is clairvoyant, he will be able to easily see what he might call "pictures in his head," or "movies in his mind." He might see images in his mind's eye or images that are symbolic - for example seeing an image of the metal bars of a jail if someone is imprisoned. Visions, premonitions, going to a place and saying he's already "seen" it before also apply.
4. Mediumship is the ability to communicate with those who has died. For kids, this can either be really cool (I saw Aunt Martha yesterday) or really awkward (there's a ghost in my room). If your child is a medium, she'll need support - it can be scary when you are being contacted by spirits from other realms.
5. Channeling is the art of receiving via another entity. Channels move themselves aside in order to receive from the collective consciousness of the Divine, which may show up as a spirit guide, angel or other teacher. Channeling may be verbal, as Esther Hicks does with Abraham.
6. Remote Viewing is the ability to see things that are far away, as if you were there in person. Kids who are good at this can have a career working for detective agencies! You might also think of them as your little "finders" - they're the ones that everyone in the family asks "where did I leave my glasses?"
7. Astral Projection. If your child tells you she went to Mars that night, you might as well believe her. Kids who astral project are able to move their consciousness to different places, while their bodies stay put. Astral projection can also be related to shifting or traveling across time, including past life regression.
8. Energy Healing is the ability to use energy to heal via hands on or at a distance. If your child is an energy healer, she will want to rub your neck when it hurts, and can find the exact area that aches without being told. She also may be able to sense illness in the body as a "medical intuitive".
9. Spiritual Advancement is the gift of deep spiritual knowing. You'll find this in the child who can tell you about where we go when we die, what spirit guides are, what Jesus or the other great spiritual masters really meant. These children will amaze you.
10. Other abilities. If you can't determine your child's abilities in the above categories, consider the idea that they are evolving beyond the abilities we've known in the past. New abilities can be I'd like to say are evolving. Who knows what we are capable of?