Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

How the human face might look in 100,000 yrs

human face

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#46    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:06 AM

View Postredhen, on 11 June 2013 - 01:40 AM, said:

Been watching Idiocracy have we?

No.
Although I guess watching our current governments would qualify.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#47    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:09 AM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 10 June 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

The normal rules of evolution do not apply to humans.

Oh yes, they do. But modern society has changed the parameters radically, so evolution does not take its normal course any more.

If you think that a higher IQ gets rewarded in an evolutionary sense (i.e. by more offspring), just look around you.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#48    Draco20

Draco20

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:26 AM

View Postwoopypooky, on 10 June 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

so we will look like japanese manga character?

Haha! That's exactly what I was going to writte down.

''The increase in eye size would be due to a combination of living in space and an increasing tendency for humans to find strong facial features attractive.''

Well I should think that staring at all those digital devices all day long may be a factor as well!

Edited by sam_comm, 11 June 2013 - 02:26 AM.

#49    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:39 AM

View PostZaphod222, on 11 June 2013 - 02:09 AM, said:

Oh yes, they do. But modern society has changed the parameters radically, so evolution does not take its normal course any more.

If you think that a higher IQ gets rewarded in an evolutionary sense (i.e. by more offspring), just look around you.
I have to agree that the people having the most offspring are the most ignorant, and the most religious people.

The children in the West generally all survive, but if you only have 2 with a 99.9% chance of survival to adulthood, those with 8 kids with a 25% mortality rate are still going to have 6 kids survive to adulthood. The health of these people does not really matter, because as long as a person lives to an age to reproduce, they are being biologically successful.

So those religious people in the US that have large families are probably going to eventually control a larger part of the economy and politics. So, in that way they will be more successful as a group also.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#50    Godofcats

Godofcats

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:28 AM

Well this could very well happen. But I have noticed some changes in the younger people, early twentieish to children mostly. Chins are getting smaller and many of them have chubby elbow areas kind of like a babies even if the person is skinny!

#51    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:41 AM

''The increase in eye size would be due to a combination of living in space and an increasing tendency for humans to find strong facial features attractive.''

The supernormal stimulus had long been known. Neolithic Venus statues anyone?

So why stop at facial traits?

Interesting, from the wiki article, an entry I could have wrote;

"Harvard psychologist Deirdre Barrett argues that supernormal stimulation govern the behavior of humans as powerfully as that of animals. In her 2010 book, Supernormal Stimuli: How Primal Urges Overran Their Evolutionary Purpose,[9] she examines the impact of supernormal stimuli on the diversion of impulses for nurturing, sexuality, romance, territoriality, defense, and the entertainment industry’s hijacking of our social instincts. In the earlier book, Waistland,[2] she explains junk food as an exaggerated stimulus to cravings for salt, sugar, and fats and television as an exaggeration of social cues of laughter, smiling faces and attention-grabbing action."

With more and reality tv shows coming online every year, celebrating the cult of personality, I have no expectations we will be around in another 100,000 years. Not without encouraging eugenics again.

#52    Hartmut

Hartmut

-

• PipPip
  • 272 posts

• Without artists, the worlds would be - like a world without flowers and butterflies.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

If we are still around, in 100,000 years we will all look like hairless ET Grays, but in any color we like, and of course with cloth on !

#53    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

View Postseeder, on 10 June 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

no-one knew humans would look like this just 100 years ago.... but the obesity problem is getting - well - BIGGER.  Cream cake anyone? :w00t:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh yes they knew, and even 40,000 years ago:

Posted Image

http://en.wikipedia....s_of_Hohle_Fels

#54    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,126 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 11 June 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

Oh yes they knew, and even 40,000 years ago:

Posted Image

http://en.wikipedia....s_of_Hohle_Fels

Cheers Id forgotten all about that,  but I think its more of an abstract image than a depiction of someone real !!   Maybe an animal/woman type of thing?

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#55    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

Why wait 100,000 years?
We already have Hamsters that look like that.

Attached Thumbnails

• images.jpg

Edited by Capt Amerika, 11 June 2013 - 03:51 PM.

#56    minera

minera

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

• There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,: Than are dreamed of in your philosophy. Act II, scene 2:.. Hamlet

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

Every time I see the picture of the buggy eyed girl it freaks me out. Reminds me of those drawings of alien hybrid kids.......

#57    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,811 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:14 PM

So the normal rules don't apply then.

I didn't, I thought the opposite...  ;)

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#58    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 2,779 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:12 AM

We're suppose to be more intelligent today with all the advancements we made then our ancestors 100,000 years ago.
Maybe on a technological level. But on a wisdom level? Hmmmm

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve.
But to much skepticism can make you narrow minded to extraordinary possibilities.

#59    brainiac

brainiac

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:04 AM

So how do we call this MUTATION. The scientist its like telling us why the ALIENS HAVE LARGE EYES AND BIG HEADS.

Edited by brainiac, 12 June 2013 - 09:11 AM.

#60    brainiac

brainiac

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

So what do we call this MUTATION?, The scientist its like telling us why the Aliens have large eyes and big heads.

Also tagged with human face

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users