Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How the human face might look in 100,000 yrs

Still Waters

Just as the human face has evolved considerably since stone age times so it is expected to keep changing in the future.

Today the human brain is three times the size of our primate ancestors. As our brains grew so did our heads get bigger, our skulls expanded and our features became flatter.

Now with the advent of wearable technology, such as Google Glass, how will our heads and faces evolve in 20,000 years, 60,000 years and even 100,000 years from now?

http://www.dailymail...-000-years.html

http://www.forbes.co...n-100000-years/

• Like 1

Those big eyes look creepy, hope they don't get the big head over that.

The problem with this is that in Western society most people can have and raise children so i don't see how this works out. There is no reason people with bigger eyes will be more likely to pass on their genes.

• Like 1

the look like humans with bigger eyes. I don't think it will happen, but if it would, I don't think that would be the only change. and those aren't typical humans, a typical human isn't white.

I can't even take that seriously!

I'm more inclined to believe that people will be more mechanically altered.

At least it seems more realistic than a world full of googly eyes.

• Like 1

This'll be an interesting turnout.

I don't believe it personally, but for all I know we could grow tails in the next some thousand years

Yeah..... I just don't think getting lens implants is going to really require bigger eyes. I think probably the opposite would occur. With technology, we'd use our eyes less, and thus eventually they would get smaller and our eyelids might grow shut, to prevent excess outside light from messing with our internal eye-screens.

Or if we eventually jack directly into the head/nervous system, then we'd not use our eyes at all, and they would atrophy over the millenia.

The big head, I can see. But the tan... What???? If anything our atmophere will get thicker and we'll stay inside to avoid heat/weather. So, I vote no additional tan.

I think that in a 100,000 years we will look much like our skeletons look now; we will only be known as fossils.

But maybe I'm being somewhat pessimistic.

• Like 5

I think that in a 100,000 years we will look much like our skeletons look now; we will only be known as fossils.

But maybe I'm being somewhat pessimistic.

I don't think your being pessimistic,personally I believe we won't even last another 1000 years.

Here is an article from a guy that had so much of a problem with these pictures that he contacted a half dozen geneticists and got there opinions.

http://www.forbes.co...n-100000-years/

He also spoke with the artist and the fellow the artist got the idea from.

Basically the science people are calling these big eyes pictures total BS.

I liked this line in the article above.

Apparently, we’re all going to turn into the anime character Sailor Moon.
Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

This makes one wonder about the theory of aliens being us from the future. They certainly look alien like.

I am all for us existing longer than 100000 years. We won't look the same, that is certain. Our technology will not always exist either, it comes and goes, don't see us having the same type of tech much less a continual line of here from there. There will be breaks, we will have to start over with new lines of technology, but our genes will continue unbroken and change.

Because we no longer have natural selection and a population large enough that pretty much everyone can breed, humans will begin to evvolve into at least 3 seperate species. Good looking people breed with good looking people and ugly people with ugly people. This will result in one race of extreamly "good looking" humans, and one of ugly troll like creatures. Of course there will also be those in the middle created when a good looking human subspecies breeds with a troll human because of money and power. As far as skin colour goes, there will pobally be a good variety still but the majority of the population will probally be a light brown colour.

Edited by trancelikestate
  • Like 1

I usually enjoy articles like this, I don't know what went wrong with this one...

It would be like that if we're just animals, yeah. For it to work, you need to add "money" and "greed" into the formula. People nowadays don't give a damn about big eyes, small eyes, genes. If you have money and can afford food for your family, you survive and pass on your genes. You don't have money, you die, no one care.

Is it me or is that picture starting to look like an alien of the "grey" variety? I've always said aliens are humans in time machines, coming back from around 250,000 years in the future to see how we destroyed the earth.

Surprised no one has mentioned the sexuality issue. Certainly, evolution requires procreation, and those who can best best flaunt their sexuality have the greatest chance of procreation. Hence, I would offer that we will continue to see more enhancement to elements that foster sexual attractiveness to include increases in height. But, this is of course contingent upon our continuity as a species along with the support mechanisms we have constructed.

• Like 1

Oh and i read somewhere that humans are slowly losing their little finger, so if we do look like that in 100,000 years, we'll also have 3 fingers and a thumb.

Actually, that artist is quite right about the eyes part, here in Minnesota a common look is going around especially amongst women in which they have huge eyes. This one girl scared me at the Wells Fargo bank when she was looking at me from across the room with huge eyes.

So we'll all look like anime characters in a 100,000 years...?

Actually, that artist is quite right about the eyes part, here in Minnesota a common look is going around especially amongst women in which they have huge eyes. This one girl scared me at the Wells Fargo bank when she was looking at me from across the room with huge eyes.

I have seen similar eye makeup. In fact there are step by step instructions on u tube where teen age girls do similar makeup ideas. I think it is creepy. I would have been scared as you......

Oh and i read somewhere that humans are slowly losing their little finger, so if we do look like that in 100,000 years, we'll also have 3 fingers and a thumb.

I don't think so. Maybe you were thinking of your little toe; some people don't even have a nail on it anymore.

If anything will get lost in the future, it will be our little toe. Well, as long as we continue wearing shoes.