Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

UFOs above Britain's Scientology base

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,389 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:17 AM

Pilots of three passenger planes saw two UFOs above Britain's Scientology base as they landed at Gatwick
  • Three aircraft reports seeing 'two flat silver discs' on final approach
  • Objects showed up on air traffic control radar - then vanished
  • UFOs were just 100ft below one of the jets, a Boeing 777
  • They were above Scientology HQ in East Grinstead, West Sussex
Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2Vg2psDL5

Three passenger jets sighted UFOs above Britain's Scientology headquarters on their approach to Gatwick Airport, a report has revealed.
Their pilots each saw 'two flat, silver discs', with some flying within 100ft.
Air traffic control then spotted six UFOs on their radars before they suddenly disappeared.
The encounter, which was probed by the UK Airprox Board, happened on December 30 just before 9am.

A Boeing 777 was flying over the Scientology headquarters in East Grinstead minutes from touchdown when all three pilots on the flightdeck spotted the objects about 100ft below them moving slowly or stationary, according to the report.
A following Boeing 767 also spotted the two white or silver discs, which were at approximately 1,000ft above ground. An Airbus A319 then landed before the objects disappeared from ATC screens.

The crew of the first aircraft described seeing 'some some sort of toy'.  The information was passed on to air traffic control and then to police.
Investigators offered the possibility the objects could have been balloons or kites but, with the UFOs remaining untraced, the incidents was deemed unassessable.
The encounter came the day before Scientologists, followed by actor Tom Cruise, carved a message to aliens in hills in New Mexico, America. The cult believes aliens inhabit human bodies.
The Airprox Board primarily investigates near misses between aircraft.

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#2    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:20 AM

Probably T Cruise, J Travolta and W Smith having a staff meeting.....

#3    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,730 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:18 AM

Silver discs? Well, it couldn't have been anything to do with Xenu, because we know what their craft look like, so I don't think we need to worry too much.

Posted Image

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#4    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• 2,020 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:42 AM

All low level, and the first crew described seeing 'some sort of toy'.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#5    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,753 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

With the influence Scientology has, they could orchestrate something like this through semi 'official' means.

Otherwise they may have purchased a few of the remote controlled helium disks. We'll see flying sharks soon...

#6    Troublehalf

Troublehalf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

It's just the aliens coming to laugh at Scientology. They're doing a Planet Trip of civilisations funniest answers to their existence.

(This is a joke, if you're into Scientology, power to you)

#7    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• 1,510 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

You would think that purely for safety and review purposes, all airlines would have onboard cameras showing the pilots field of vision. Maybe some do but I have no idea, but beyond being able to monitor takeoffs and a landings, the cameras could report weather phenomena, near misses (a plane was nearly hit be a drone in 2004 and the film was just released) and yes, the occasional "flying saucer" or whatever these UFOs may be. The human eye can be fooled, but at least with a recording you can rule out certain things and misidentifications.

Of course recording such events and making them public are two different things.

#8    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,799 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

I Keep hearing that  Top Gun music in the back ground !
Fly me to the Danger Zone ! :gun:

This is a Work in Progress!

#9    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• 1,300 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:28 AM

I somehow doubt that Scientology headquarters is marked on any chart airlines use, so it seems unlikely the pilots reported the UFOs as being 'over Scientology headquarters'. How would they know where it was? A little journalistic license of dubious accuracy, perhaps?

#10    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,833 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:03 AM

Maybe the ets lol over Scientology also

#11    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,172 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:44 AM

Yeah, this is WAY too convenient for "Scientology"

I call total BS on this as an effort to prop-up membership and "harden" those current members.

Just my opinion, of course.

Edited by pallidin, 10 June 2013 - 05:47 AM.

#12    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostSundew, on 09 June 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

You would think that purely for safety and review purposes, all airlines would have onboard cameras showing the pilots field of vision. Maybe some do but I have no idea, but beyond being able to monitor takeoffs and a landings, the cameras could report weather phenomena, near misses (a plane was nearly hit be a drone in 2004 and the film was just released) and yes, the occasional "flying saucer" or whatever these UFOs may be. The human eye can be fooled, but at least with a recording you can rule out certain things and misidentifications.

Of course recording such events and making them public are two different things.
I agree on this line of thinking. It irritates me when "silver discs" are always interpreted by the press as "metallic flying saucer craft from another world". There's plenty of sightings of silvery discs to suggest that they are earthbound entities, lizard-birds imo with a reflective silvery outer colour.

Edited by RingFenceTheCity, 10 June 2013 - 11:24 AM.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#13    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

• -Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes... After that, who cares. Your a mile away and you have his shoes. -

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostTimonthy, on 09 June 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

With the influence Scientology has, they could orchestrate something like this through semi 'official' means.

Otherwise they may have purchased a few of the remote controlled helium disks. We'll see flying sharks soon...

I bought my niece and nephew a flying shark each a few months ago. Sure it might be remote controlled and hellium filled, but still way ahead of the scientologists... Imagine if i had their wealth...

~Today's mighty Oak is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground~

#14    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,653 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

Far too much Editorial License given to this report... but it is the Daily Smell after all :w00t:

If these whacko Scientologists are actually flying remote controlled  helium toys within 100 ft of a commercial aircraft then they should be Hung, Drawn, and Quartered (metaphorically speaking of course :whistle: )

#15    TetraHydroHarmine

TetraHydroHarmine

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

Maybe they had an accident and they were looking for Tom Cruise for some help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users