Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Protection of Gray Wolves May Be Lifted

gray wolves protection northern rockies great lakes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,039 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

Gray wolves, whose packs now prowl through the northern Rockies and the forests along the Great Lakes, no longer need endangered-species protection to prevent their extinction, the Obama administration said Friday.

The Fish and Wildlife Service unveiled a proposal to eliminate the remaining restrictions across the country, saying wolves are flourishing again. The only populations to have protection, under the proposal, would be Mexican wolves in southern Arizona and New Mexico and a small experimental population in North Carolina.

http://www.nytimes.c...-says.html?_r=0

Posted Image

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,401 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

All I can say is that I hope the States don't drop the ball and won't let people just slaughter them or they will be right back where they were.

I think the Grey Wolf is such a beautiful animal.

#3    Myles

Myles

Government Agent

• 4,245 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

View PostHilander, on 09 June 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

All I can say is that I hope the States don't drop the ball and won't let people just slaughter them or they will be right back where they were.

I think the Grey Wolf is such a beautiful animal.

We also need to be careful as to not let the population soar too high.    They can be very destructive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users