Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

How to leave your body from sleep paralysis


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    TetraHydroHarmine

TetraHydroHarmine

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Joined:09 Jun 2013

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

I get sleep paralysis most nights. I heard that its easy to leave your body and astral project when you're in this state. How do I do it though? I tried just sitting up, but that doesn't work.


#2    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts
  • Joined:04 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Plato's Cave

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:26 PM

don't think, just do it. if you think your going to struggle you will, I shot outta my body first time I tried. I may of been dreaming of sp, even tho I have had it b4

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#3    Wolverathe

Wolverathe

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined:30 May 2012

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:49 PM

i am having the same problem too . having sleep paralysis but just can't leave the body

Edited by Wolverathe, 09 June 2013 - 11:49 PM.


#4    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 12,306 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

    Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:49 PM

 TetraHydroHarmine, on 09 June 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

I get sleep paralysis most nights. I heard that its easy to leave your body and astral project when you're in this state. How do I do it though? I tried just sitting up, but that doesn't work.
When it's happening just relax and turn your attention inward. DON'T fight the paralysis just steady yourself and take an observers perspective. If you can stay calm vibrations will probably start to overtake your body. You wil probably also start to hear a very loud white noise like a water fall or jet engine. Still stay relaxed. At the height of it all jest feel your chest rising up or you can try to roll off your bed. If your ducks line up right you will be in an OBE.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#5    TetraHydroHarmine

TetraHydroHarmine

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Joined:09 Jun 2013

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

Seeker79: Thanks, that all makes sense. I get vibrations a lot in sleep paralysis ill see if being calm makes them intensify.


#6    all16universes

all16universes

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined:05 Jun 2013

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

 TetraHydroHarmine, on 09 June 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

I get sleep paralysis most nights.heard that its easy to leave your body and astral project when you're in this state. How do I do it though? I tried just sitting up, but that doesn't work.

I used to struggle with leaving my body when I would experience sleep paralysis. In addition to Seeker's advice, I have two methods that have been successful for me:

1. Phasing

Try falling back to sleep while noticing the darkness behind your closed eyelids. As you drift off to sleep you may begin to see images. Focus on these images. As you continue to focus they will slowly become more real and eventually evolve into a 3d interactive environment. Alternatively, you could also imagine yourself in a familiar environment, such as your room. You will again witness the scene evolve until you find yourself there. You should be able to feel the transition of your awareness from your body to the newly created environment.

2. Wiggle yourself free

Start with a finger. Wiggle it until you can freely move it. Then do the same with your hand and work your way down your arm. When your arms are free push yourself out of your body.

Hope this helps.


#7    TetraHydroHarmine

TetraHydroHarmine

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Joined:09 Jun 2013

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

all16universes: Number 1 is what I do to get into a lucid dream. I always feel like I'm free falling through space right before I start seeing the images though.
I'll try number 2.


#8    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 16,162 posts
  • Joined:09 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Australia

  • Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:43 PM

While I go straight into Obes from lucid dreaming and have never had any of the symptoms described, my advice is not to try and project any part of your body. Dont see yourself as a body or even a mind, but only as pure consciousness. I tried all sorts of physical techniques for years as a child but they didnt work.

The trick is to disassociate your consciousness from your physical body and mind. Once freed, your consciousness can travel anywhere you direct it to. one trick, which I also use to remember forgotten dreams is free flowing thought, where you deliberately dont think ofanythng but let your mind jump from bit to bit eventually, for me, it  makes its own associations and connects to my subconscious or a forgotten part of my memory, and one little hook flash of memory gives me aces to the whole dream.

In obeing that tiny hook or moment of realisation gives you conscious control of your mind and you take over At first you might lose control but with practice you canmaintainit Just as you can be awake and asleep at the same time  For example i had a dream where i thught I had gone to work early but it was getting darker rather than lighter I decided this was a dream and woke myslef up to But only partly awake. I saw I was snug in bed checked the time and went back into the dream to take control of it and have some fun. As the dream went on for a while i ddi this a few more times to check the time. When it was 8 oclock i woke myself up

BUt you cant force it, you have to be relaxed and unfocussed. I think that is why many people report that meditation helps.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#9    all16universes

all16universes

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined:05 Jun 2013

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

Very good post Mr Walker. This highlights the fact that everyone is different, and that sensations are not necessary to be successful.   We must discover what works for ourselves.

For a beginner, I would have to disagree that the key is simply disassociating our consciousness from our bodies -- this is the goal. It's like saying "the key to having OBEs is leaving your body". Those who are new to this need detailed methods that produce results. You can't drive a car unless you know how to get in. Learning to drive the car is a completely different task. Perhaps you could provide a procedure for your method? It's good to have options available to those trying to learn.

I am only experienced with inducing conscious OBEs. I only rarely have lucid dreams, and I never had the patience to have OBEs this way. I would say the biggest hurdles (at least they were for me) are:

1. Learning how to consistently reach the sleep/awake threshold.

2. Learning how to leave your body once you reach the sleep/awake threshold.

If you want to learn how to have conscious OBEs I would say that these are the keys to succeeding. I will be making a thread in the near future that outlines how to overcome these hurdles.



#10    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo,NY

  • "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:01 AM

 all16universes, on 10 June 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

I used to struggle with leaving my body when I would experience sleep paralysis. In addition to Seeker's advice, I have two methods that have been successful for me:

1. Phasing

Try falling back to sleep while noticing the darkness behind your closed eyelids. As you drift off to sleep you may begin to see images. Focus on these images. As you continue to focus they will slowly become more real and eventually evolve into a 3d interactive environment. Alternatively, you could also imagine yourself in a familiar environment, such as your room. You will again witness the scene evolve until you find yourself there. You should be able to feel the transition of your awareness from your body to the newly created environment.

It's funny because with me whenever it happens i ALL WAYS seem to view the surrounding environment that i am in. I tried visualizing other places but it stays at the location where my physical body is at.


#11    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 16,162 posts
  • Joined:09 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Australia

  • Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:20 AM

 all16universes, on 12 June 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

Very good post Mr Walker. This highlights the fact that everyone is different, and that sensations are not necessary to be successful.   We must discover what works for ourselves.

For a beginner, I would have to disagree that the key is simply disassociating our consciousness from our bodies -- this is the goal. It's like saying "the key to having OBEs is leaving your body". Those who are new to this need detailed methods that produce results. You can't drive a car unless you know how to get in. Learning to drive the car is a completely different task. Perhaps you could provide a procedure for your method? It's good to have options available to those trying to learn.

I am only experienced with inducing conscious OBEs. I only rarely have lucid dreams, and I never had the patience to have OBEs this way. I would say the biggest hurdles (at least they were for me) are:

1. Learning how to consistently reach the sleep/awake threshold.

2. Learning how to leave your body once you reach the sleep/awake threshold.

If you want to learn how to have conscious OBEs I would say that these are the keys to succeeding. I will be making a thread in the near future that outlines how to overcome these hurdles.
I appreciate this .I i was lucid dreaming fromm before my conscious memory and using controlled lucid dreaming from age 4 or so. Thus, for me, stepping into OBEing was a natural progression and i find it hard to help others with a specific processs.

At first i wasnt even aware that Ii was obeing around the neighbourhood until I found out i was observing real time events within that neighbourhood while dreaming. My point was that, for me, techniques like making your body fell light did'nt work. I had to make my consciousness immaterial and then seperate it from my body; so i concentrated on taking conscious control of my subconsciousness.Tthat worked very effectively and i could obe' "on demand" every night. For me the way to OBEing is via controlled lucid dreaming.Tthere are lots of good websites describing both a variety of obe techniques and lucid dreaming.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#12    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo,NY

  • "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:15 AM

 Mr Walker, on 14 June 2013 - 01:20 AM, said:

I appreciate this .I i was lucid dreaming fromm before my conscious memory and using controlled lucid dreaming from age 4 or so. Thus, for me, stepping into OBEing was a natural progression and i find it hard to help others with a specific processs.

At first i wasnt even aware that Ii was obeing around the neighbourhood until I found out i was observing real time events within that neighbourhood while dreaming. My point was that, for me, techniques like making your body fell light did'nt work. I had to make my consciousness immaterial and then seperate it from my body; so i concentrated on taking conscious control of my subconsciousness.Tthat worked very effectively and i could obe' "on demand" every night. For me the way to OBEing is via controlled lucid dreaming.Tthere are lots of good websites describing both a variety of obe techniques and lucid dreaming.

What made you realize you were witnessing real time events in the neighborhood?





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users