Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Demons-Need Help

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1    Bluekid123

Bluekid123

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

Um I really don't know where to begin with this so I guess I will just start from the top. I have always been a big dreamer. I find it weird when I sleep and don't dream, its a very rare occurence for me not to. I usually almost always experience vivid dreams, I usually am aware in them, and also remember most of the for at least the day.

Last night, I had a dream, which I only remembered the last part. I remember going through a whole dream but the only part I remember starts with me riding a horse. I come to a place where a demon begins to harass me. He continues to terrify me until I begin to try to fight it, but everytime I do, I go into complete vertigo and cannot determine up from down. Finally, after toying with me for some time, I begin to get my wits and fight the vertigo and attempt to stop the demon. Then when I finally completely stop the vertigo he attacked me and I woke up at his charge.

I'm not really a religous person, and am scared of very few things, but right now I'm am scared straight ****less. When I woke up my entire body was dripping in sweat, and my bed was completely drenched to the point where I could ring out my comforter. I sat there shaking in my bed for twenty minutes until I finally  gained some composure and calmed down. I still feel out of it, and I'm so scared still that I can't even close my eyes nevertheless go back to sleep. I have had nightmares before but this was a whole different beast. I really don't know how else to handle this and I'm so freaked out that I feel like everything I'm typing is just typed up like crazy because I can't compose my thoughts.

I would love to hear any oppinions anyone has on this. Thank you.

#2    Bluekid123

Bluekid123

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

Also I forgot to mention that this dream was a little different toward the end. I felt very strange inside during the dream and for a while after. Like a very strange heavy feeling in my chest.

#3    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

JT

Miss me?

#4    Bluekid123

Bluekid123

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

What?

#5    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

how do you know you wernt to hot and the hotness caused you to have crazy dreams, people hallucinate when they have fevers. I have my craziest dreams when dehydrated and sweating. sleep paralysis sufferers feel pressure on their chests. even tho you wernt paralysed their might be a link we don't know about.
if it is a demon ask for gods help as he has power over all things and even if god isn't real and you believe he is, the belief can still protect you in a dream. any dream of being under demonic attack (real or not) for me has been stopped by asking help from god.

Edited by Armchair Educated, 10 June 2013 - 11:50 AM.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#6    Bluekid123

Bluekid123

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

Thank you for your input. I know it wasn't overheating because I have three fans on in my room when I go to bed because I prefer to sleep in cold temperatures.

#7    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,731 posts

• One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

Dreams rarely represent actual reality but rather a very skewed representation of certain aspects.

I am inclined to think that there are issues you might be dealing with or even attitudes that will sometimes represent themselves in mythological forms such as demons.
Perhaps part of your mind is conveying that certain problems cannot be dealt with using pure force but rather through calmness.

ALSO..we ALL dream at night but for the most part we do not recall them at all or if we do it is usually only bits and pieces.

Another thing to do is to perhaps lay off any media that entails demons and monsters...the brain uses whatever material it  has for dreams especially if one is particularly entrenched in a particular subject.

#8    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• 1,527 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

View PostBluekid123, on 10 June 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

Thank you for your input. I know it wasn't overheating because I have three fans on in my room when I go to bed because I prefer to sleep in cold temperatures.
have you done any thing that would cause a demon to attack you? I find that demons want you to think your powerless or to rely on your own power by making you think your stronger than you are. god only gives you what you can handle and if you cant handle it, ask god for help. god wont turn down helping those who have already tried to help them selfs.
I can come of preachy and im sure you have your own views about what is happening to you, why do you think your being oppressed by a demon or demons?

#9    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

View PostBluekid123, on 10 June 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

Fans are not good. You should not be going to sleep with fans around you, especially so many. Unknowingly, the noise can disturb your sleep. I do not know what kind of fans you have, but if they are the normal plug in ones (not airconditioned), then you need to turn them off.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#10    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,731 posts

• One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

One thing that concerned me a bit was the "heavy feeling in the chest" you mentioned.

I wonder if you snore at night or have some other respiratory issues; if your breathing is obstructed badly enough then your body struggles to breathe.

Look into food allergies or intolerances too, gluten sensitivity, for example, can cause the body to go all crazy on the inside and influence dreams. Just looking at rational and logical solutions.

#11    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• 1,527 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 10 June 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

Fans are not good. You should not be going to sleep with fans around you, especially so many. Unknowingly, the noise can disturb your sleep. I do not know what kind of fans you have, but if they are the normal plug in ones (not airconditioned), then you need to turn them off.
constant sounds don't stop you sleeping, only changing ones do

#12    Mabon

Mabon

Psychic Spy

• 1,600 posts

• Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

View PostBluekid123, on 10 June 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

Last night, I had a dream, which I only remembered the last part. I remember going through a whole dream but the only part I remember starts with me riding a horse. I come to a place where a demon begins to harass me. He continues to terrify me until I begin to try to fight it, but everytime I do, I go into complete vertigo and cannot determine up from down. Finally, after toying with me for some time, I begin to get my wits and fight the vertigo and attempt to stop the demon. Then when I finally completely stop the vertigo he attacked me and I woke up at his charge.

I would love to hear any oppinions anyone has on this. Thank you.

Hello Bluekid123,
welcome to the forum.

In my honest opinion this is just a dream a really scary dream, but a nightmare is a dream designed to get your attention.  Ryu and I agree that dreams are symbolic and that we dream every night but don't often remember them unless we need to.

Breaking down your dreams to its components:

Horse= power and personal energy.
Vertigo= loss of power and inability to focus.
Demon= represents abuse (physical or mental), oppression, conflict or disharmony.
Simply put you have a situation in your waking world that you have the strength to tackle but you haven't found your footing or courage to do so. What ever it is, is getting more intense and is worrying you in your sleep.
My other best advise is to keep a dream journal and that way you can figure out if it corresponds to events in your waking life. The more descriptive you can be when you write your dreams the better it will help you.
Who, what , when, where and then date each dream entry. This is a great way to get to know yourself. There are several books and sites on dream interpretation on the web.

Mabon.

Typos.

Edited by Mabon, 10 June 2013 - 12:38 PM.

One need not be a chamber to be haunted;
One need not be a house;
The brain has corridors surpassing
Material place.  ~ Emily Dickinson

#13    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

Some nightmares are so vivid they can scare you.  I think this is all it is and as far as pressure on your chest that is a typical symptom of sleep paralysis.

#14    Cynical Sounds

Cynical Sounds

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

• "Do you have any evidence for that?"

"there's more to life than evidence. "

......"Get in the ****ing sack"

Dara O'Brien

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

Sounds like a bad dream or maybe some kind of parasomnias.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Parasomnia

Edited by Cynical Sounds, 10 June 2013 - 12:58 PM.

I Don't Know Does Not Mean You're Right

#15    Bluekid123

Bluekid123

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

Thank you everyone for the responses. I'm not to worried about the fans because one is a ceiling fan, and the other too are pretty much noiseless. But I do feel like the dream meaning interpretation makes a lot of sense. How would you go about investigating a problem such as a sleeping disorder?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users