Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Without SuperPowers

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1    Spore

Spore

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 187 posts

• The Golden age is just a step away

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

My favorite superhero (that has no super powers) is Samurai-Jack

My favorite Villain (that has no super powers) is Control Freak from Teen Titans

My favorite warrior (that has no super powers) is Afro Samurai

Now  the big question !  Who are yours?  & Who do you think is the greatest superhero of all time (THAT HAS NO SUPER POWERS

#2    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

does captain america count?

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#3    Spore

Spore

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:58 PM

^^ I think so, some say he does not have superpowers

#4    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,629 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

Hawkeye.

Iron Man.

Black Widow.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#5    Spore

Spore

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

nice start off.. :su

#6    Godofcats

Godofcats

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

Judge Dredd, Punisher, Iron man, if Captain America counts then him to. And yes the greatest without powers is Batman. Don't stone me to death.

Edited by Godofcats, 12 June 2013 - 07:34 PM.

#7    Spore

Spore

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

:gun:

#8    Sixth

Sixth

Poltergeist

• 2,311 posts

• Scientists get funky about having their research poached

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:09 PM

Nite Owl II. Sexiest paunch around.

do your palms ever itch?

#9    Spore

Spore

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

LOL, I argue that Samurai-Jack is the best

#10    Nathan DiYorio

Nathan DiYorio

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

• Bitter words with sweet flavor are poison just the same.

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

Arguments could easily be made that all of these characters have superpowers. Really, what consititues a superpower? Sure, their abilities are not a form of energy manipulation or imbued upon them by radiation, magical origin, or some otherwise unnatural mutation, but neither are the abilities limited to the range of regular human individuals.

Samurai Jack (and Afro Samurai) has unprecedented strength, stamina, agility, and knowledge, not to mention that his ability to battle demonic forces comes from a gifted sense of awareness.

Control Freak developed his reality-altering remote control himself, meaning his level of genius far surpasses even Einstein.

Captain America is unlike most of the other examples in this thread, as his body has been genetically mutated with the Super Soldier Serum, giving him enhanced physical abilities.

Hawkeye's marksmanship is paralleled only by other "Super" archers, like Green Arrow. He can hit targets moving hundreds of miles an hour from miles away without the use of a scope. That seems like super vision, to me.

Iron Man, like Control Freak, has a level of super genius that puts his robotics expertise on equal to or greater than Forge's, whose gift with mechanics stems from a biological mutation.

Black Widow is potentially the only hero here with average abilities, but it would be a stretch to say that her martial arts prowess and athelticism are on the level of regular humans, or even Olympic athletes.

Judge Dredd is a character I don't know anything about, so I'll leave it alone. It's safe to assume that his physical abilities are also well above average, though, considering the amount of people he defeats without taking any damage.

Batman is the world's greatest detective with the intelligence to design impossible gadgetry, not to mention his excessive levels of awareness and athelticism. Batman is, perhaps more than most others, a quite literal super genius.

Punisher has survived a number of bullet wounds which would have left regular humans dead on the scene, not to mention he must have super strength to lug around the heavy arsenal everywhere.

Nite Owl is almost the same as Batman, although he doesn't appear to be nearly as brilliant.

Really, you have to define "Superpower". No existing human being could be like any of these heroes mentioned, which is why the story focuses on them. The stories of these characters are not written around regular people doing incredible things, but incredible people doing even more incredible things. If the threshold of "Super" is "Beyond the scope of real human beings without genetic tampering", then every character mentioned so far is equipped with a rather robust list of superpowers.

Edit: Additionally it could be said that most of the alien superheroes do not have superpowers as their abilities often come naturally to their species (as is the case of the Martian Manhunter. Not so for Superman, whose abilities come from the radiation of our sun).

Edited by Nathan DiYorio, 13 June 2013 - 07:21 PM.

Posted Image

#11    Godofcats

Godofcats

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:19 PM

Wait a second I just thought of something. What about the Ninja Turtles? I know they're mutated turtles but do they have any powers except just being awesome ninjas?

#12    Spore

Spore

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

View PostGodofcats, on 14 June 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

Wait a second I just thought of something. What about the Ninja Turtles? I know they're mutated turtles but do they have any powers except just being awesome ninjas?
good point :-*

#13    Nathan DiYorio

Nathan DiYorio

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

• Bitter words with sweet flavor are poison just the same.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:35 PM

I would say that, given their origin species is "Turtle", they have superpowers for turtles. They're faster than the average turtle, more athletic than the average turtle, stronger and smarter than the average turtle, and they have the ability to spak human languages. Not to mention Donatello's gift with machinery.

So yes, they have superpowers... for turtles.

Posted Image

#14    Sixth

Sixth

Poltergeist

• 2,311 posts

• Scientists get funky about having their research poached

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

View PostNathan DiYorio, on 13 June 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

Arguments could easily be made that all of these characters have superpowers. Really, what consititues a superpower? Sure, their abilities are not a form of energy manipulation or imbued upon them by radiation, magical origin, or some otherwise unnatural mutation, but neither are the abilities limited to the range of regular human individuals.

Batman is the world's greatest detective with the intelligence to design impossible gadgetry, not to mention his excessive levels of awareness and athelticism. Batman is, perhaps more than most others, a quite literal super genius..

Nite Owl is almost the same as Batman, although he doesn't appear to be nearly as brilliant.

So basically you said Nite Owl II was like Batman but without the brilliance, and listed Batman's brilliance as his "super-power". Seems to me like you kind of null-and-voided your own point. Unless you meant money was basically his super-power, which would be hilarious. That's the super-power I want for sure.

do your palms ever itch?

#15    Godofcats

Godofcats

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

According to the Nolen Batman films Bruce Wayne is just some rich guy that has somebody make everything for him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users