Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Project Prism

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#31    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

Some also claimed social security numbers would lead to the Antichrist. Then they said it about UPC codes. Both of those conspiracy theories had to do with a government tracking everyone and how bad it was. Does not really matter what elements they hooted and howled over it was alarmist of them and most scoff at them now for believing things like that then.

That some are rehearsing the same things over again now is old news. Expect the future to scoff at them soon.

#32    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,833 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

You just be a good little sheep and do what you're told. The progressive world needs you.

#33    spartan max2

spartan max2

Government Agent

• 3,689 posts

• People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

View Postpallidin, on 10 June 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

Funny you should say that. I, for one, have nothing to hide. Nor do many others.

I couldn't care less what the Gov. knows about me. As long as their activities, public or secret, keep me and my family safer while we're, say, on a jetliner for vacation, hey, I'm all for it.

As you well know, their are some bad-ass people out there, wishing nothing more than the destruction of Western peoples and values, so monitoring is important.

Sure, our "liberties" have gone from a 10 to a 7, but our safety has gone from a 2 to a 9.

What happens when you need protection from people the people who are suppose to protect you?

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#34    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Baseless Opinionator

• 3,099 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:52 PM

I couldn't care less what the Gov. knows about me. As long as their activities, public or secret, keep me and my family safer while we're, say, on a jetliner for vacation, hey, I'm all for it.

Sometimes, and I don't mean this offensively, I wonder if you post the things you do just to troll the general consensus on this board. When everyone else agrees on something that is really a black and white issue, you come in with the polar opposite opinion and post it like it's fact. Again, not trying to ruffle any feathers, just an observation.

Sure, our "liberties" have gone from a 10 to a 7, but our safety has gone from a 2 to a 9.

Seriously? The Boston Bombers would like a word with you.

"For God doth know that in the day ye eat [the fruit] thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

"The tragedy of humanity is that we have stone age instincts, medieval institutions and god-like powers."

#35    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:14 AM

View PostThe world needs you, on 11 June 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

One thing is not going to lead to another except in the mind of the conspiracy theorist...
Encase you hadn't noticed, there is a serious lack of trust in the governments and corporations of the world.
where there exists such a vacuum of trust there enters the conspiracy theory, and conspiracy Theorist, who imo perform a valuable service in society by asking questions that need to be asked.

Broad spectrum data collection is not going to cause any lost sleep here.
Sweet Dreams then Unseelie..  ChristianWitch.. Chasingtherabbit.. I believe you..  Leave Britney alone.. I mean The World needs you..

Nothing has happened yet. There are also innocent people already dying in drone attacks. Instead of manufacturing fantasy of our own victimization we should advocate the already existing victims and the overall ethical use of drones. This could prove more beneficial in the long run.
"Analogy".. Look it up... you may find it useful.

#36    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:59 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 14 June 2013 - 03:14 AM, said:

Encase you hadn't noticed, there is a serious lack of trust in the governments and corporations of the world.
where there exists such a vacuum of trust there enters the conspiracy theory, and conspiracy Theorist, who imo perform a valuable service in society by asking questions that need to be asked.

Sweet Dreams then Unseelie..  ChristianWitch.. Chasingtherabbit.. I believe you..  Leave Britney alone.. I mean The World needs you..        

"Analogy".. Look it up... you may find it useful.

In my view the following leads to conspiracy theories:

*snip*

In his 1954 classic, The Paranoid Style in American Politics, historian Richard Hofstadter hypothesized that conspiracy thinking is fueled by underlying feelings of alienation and helplessness. Research supports his theory. New Mexico State University psychologist Marina Abalakina-Paap has found that people who endorse conspiracy theories are especially likely to feel angry, mistrustful, alienated from society, and helpless over larger forces controlling their lives.

*snip*

The number sounded wildly inflated. Conspiracy theorists have a grandiose view of themselves as heroes "manning the barricades of civilization" at an urgent "turning point" in history, Hofstadter held. Jones has a "messiah complex," Black contends. Grandiosity is often a defense against underlying feelings of powerlessness.

Even well-grounded skeptics are prone to connect disparate dots when they feel disempowered. In a series of studies, Jennifer Whitson of the University of Texas and Adam Galinsky of Northwestern demonstrated that people primed to feel out of control are particularly likely to see patterns in random stimuli.

*snip*

Conspiracy theories exist on a spectrum from mild suspicion to full-on paranoia, and brain chemistry may play a role.

*snip*

How susceptible are you to conspiracy beliefs? Rate your agreement with the statements below, from 1=strongly disagree to 5=strongly agree.

1. For the most part, government serves the interests of a few organized groups such as business, and isn't very concerned about the needs of people like myself.
2. I have trouble doing what I want to do in the world today.
3. It is difficult for people like myself to have much influence in public affairs.
4. We seem to live in a pretty irrational and disordered world.
5. I don't trust that my closest friends would not lie to me.

Answer key: 5-11: weakly, 12-18: moderately, 19-25: strongly (Adapted from a scale developed by Patrick Leman)

http://www.psycholog...rist-dark-minds

Used to believe in CT but did not find it particularly healthy after learning.

Also anyone who believes they are a co-creator of the world, who believes they are in the presence and calmness of God, at least at times, will begin to draw away from beliefs that their circumstances are in the hands of others and that they are powerless. Just my view...

Edited by The world needs you, 14 June 2013 - 04:03 AM.

#37    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:02 AM

View PostDark_Grey, on 13 June 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

Seriously? The Boston Bombers would like a word with you.

The craziest aspect about Obama`s snooping program is that mosques and islamist groups are EXCEMPT from that. (No doubt because of his islamist advisors with ties to Muslim Brotherhood front organizations like CAIR).

So, while Obama´s spy organizations are spying on the average citizen, they are blind to the radical mosques where people liek the Bostom Bomber brothers are indoctrinated.

Just think of the absurdity.

Edited by Zaphod222, 14 June 2013 - 04:04 AM.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#38    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:10 AM

View PostZaphod222, on 14 June 2013 - 04:02 AM, said:

The craziest aspect about Obama`s snooping program is that mosques and islamist groups are EXCEMPT from that. (No doubt because of his islamist advisors with ties to Muslim Brotherhood front organizations like CAIR).

So, while Obamas spy organizations are spying on the average citizen, they are blind to the radical mosques where people liek the Bostom Bomber brothers are indoctrinated.

Just think of the absurdity.

The newest conspiracy theory to come out? Can you provide source proof for your claim?

Or are the recent unsourced editorials on Investor's Business Daily or the LubbockOnline your only source?

I am thinking some believe all they read without asking for actual proof...

...but prove me wrong if you can, please, would like to know if true but am not going to be surprised if you can't produce proof.

Keep in mind even if one program or aspects of a program from one agency were shut down does not mean they are not being Prismed still...

Edited by The world needs you, 14 June 2013 - 04:15 AM.

#39    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:41 AM

View PostThe world needs you, on 14 June 2013 - 04:10 AM, said:

The newest conspiracy theory to come out? Can you provide source proof for your claim?
Or are the recent unsourced editorials on Investor's Business Daily or the LubbockOnline your only source?

Was mentioned in Investors Business Daily. But you can look up CAIR´s previous record of protecting islamic organizations from any sort of monitoring, and you can also look up Obamas Muslim Brotherhood linked advisors.

So if you think that the article in Investors Business Daily is a conspiracy theory, the burden of proof is on your side. Occams razor says this is precisely what happened.

Or are you postulating that Obamas spies knew about the Boston Jihadis and allowed them proceed?

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#40    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:46 AM

The IBD editorial is just that, an editorial, it does not even have the name of who wrote it. There are no sources to back up their claims. It is nothing but allegation.

Maybe that is enough proof for some but it will not be enough proof for others.

Edited by The world needs you, 14 June 2013 - 04:48 AM.

#41    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,619 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

View Postspartan max2, on 13 June 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

What happens when you need protection from people the people who are suppose to protect you?
naw, it can never happen, lol

RESIDENT TROLL.

#42    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

• When it comes to issues of constitutionality and violation of the Fourth Amendment it is the courts and not Snowden, not conspiracy theorists, and not people on the internet who decide what is and what is not constitutional
  • The issue has already been taken to court by Yahoo in 2008 and a decision was already made: the court found Yahoo's claims of Fourth Amendment violations as "overblown"
  • One FISC opinion has already found some elements of government surveillance are a violation of the Fourth Amendment
  • The government is refusing to release the FISC opinion so we can know which parts are kept secret but several efforts are being made including FOIA requests, lawsuits, and legislation
  • The issue will likely be pursued in higher courts, probably up to the Supreme Court, and these higher courts will have the final ruling on PRISM's constitutionality and which elements of their opinions and of the projects themselves will be released to the public
  • In the end some Americans who understand the three branches of our government will wait for the courts to decide on any final constitutional issues; we won't rely on conspiracy theorists telling us what is and what is not constitutional or unconstitutional

Yahoo fought an order to help the government spy on foreign users arguing it would violate the Fourth Amendment protections from unwarranted search and seizure by incidentally collecting the communications of American citizens, but a 2008 Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act Court (FISC) ruling rejected their argument calling their concerns “overblown,” the New York Times reported Friday. Under the ruling, Yahoo was legally required to participate in the PRISM program.

The opinion previously came to light in 2009, but the name of the company was not revealed at the time due to a gag order. Sources have now confirmed the company’s identity to the New York Times. In the ruling, the court chided Yahoo for offering “no evidence of any actual harm, any egregious risk of error, or any broad potential for abuse in the circumstances of the instant case,” and said that the government’s “reasonable” efforts to minimize incidental data collection made the company’s points moot

*snip*

At least one FISC opinion within the last few years ruled some aspect of government surveillance unconstitutional under the Fourth Amendment, but the government has been fighting against releasing that opinion. The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) is suing the Department of Justice (DOJ) for the release of that opinion. On Wednesday, the secret court said that it has no objection to that opinion being declassified and its rulings are not secret-by-default. This first known victory for a non-governmental party before the FISC will not declassify the opinion itself.

Overall, the new revelations about the Yahoo opinion are not all that surprising. The FISC approved the Verizon court order, which allowed for the broad collection of metadata on the phone calls of U.S. citizens. And, according to the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC), the court approved 33,942 FISA applications between 1979 and 2012, while rejecting just 11.

FISA Court Called Yahoo Fourth Amendment Objections to PRISM “Overblown”

#43    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

-AF

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

FOX News is ignoring PRISM concerns and focusing on attacking Snowden instead even claiming he might be a "Chinese double agent".

http://www.thenewame...-bill-of-rights

Who will the conspiracy theorists and government haters turn to now? Even their favorite FOX is not on their side. Maybe they will resort to conspiracy theorist sites and media outlets or *gasp* liberal sites and media.

#44    F3SS

F3SS

FoT

• 9,833 posts

• Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:37 PM

View PostThe world needs you, on 16 June 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

FOX News is ignoring PRISM concerns and focusing on attacking Snowden instead even claiming he might be a "Chinese double agent".

http://www.thenewame...-bill-of-rights

Who will the conspiracy theorists and government haters turn to now? Even their favorite FOX is not on their side. Maybe they will resort to conspiracy theorist sites and media outlets or *gasp* liberal sites and media.
Well if you ever actually watched FOX you'd know that not every opinion espoused is one sided. This isn't surprising to me.

#45    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 12,298 posts

• - God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi -

"Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

FOX News .....

Posted Image

not the first time ... hardly the last ...

depends on where the book end income budgets come from ...

Rupert's got new alimony to pay ....

from NewYork Times
After 14 Years, Murdoch Files for Divorce From Third Wife

By  AMY CHOZICK

Published: June 13, 2013

..... The divorce filing comes as Mr. Murdoch readies News Corporation for a split into two companies on June 28. Entertainment assets like Fox Broadcasting, Fox News and the Hollywood studio will form a company called 21st Century Fox. Publishing assets including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Post and Harper Collins and a handful of Australian TV assets will form a company called News Corp.

link

but from Fox 'News'

The divorce filing comes just a week before the company begins the process to split in two. One company will contain a publishing division and Australian TV assets. A separate company will house global TV and movie businesses.
Markets appeared to be unfazed by the announcement. After starting the day in negative territory, News Corp.'s widely traded non-voting shares were up 6 cents at $31.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz2WQKjPW6P

hmmmm .... China .... how nice ....

~

He who postpones the hour of living rightly ... is like the rustic who waits for the river to run out ... before he crosses.
Horace - Roman lyric poet & satirist 65 BC - 8 BC
~

third_eye cavern ~ bring own beer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users