Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gay Christians

gay church gay faith gay christian

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#16    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,777 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:05 AM

View PostChloeB, on 10 June 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

What's that a threesome?  Now don't that just put a WHOLE new spin on the meaning of the trinity!!!  But that is really creepy, like God has some ideas how he "wants" sexual acts performed is like some pervy peeping Tom wanting to hide and watch while you do what he likes.

That is called polygamy. A marriage of 3 or more people.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#17    Ugly1

Ugly1

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:11 AM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 11 June 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

John 4:7-8. "Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of god; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
this isn't talking about loving your wife or partner but your fellow Christians and fellow man.

I know this. I also know that Jesus didn't come back to save my wife or partner specifically. We just happen to benefit from his awesomeness.

#18    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:12 AM

View PostChloeB, on 11 June 2013 - 12:02 AM, said:

And therein lies the problem.....people believing God has a personality, just a big overblown version of a human and over the years, the people who write the story of this God have projected their own personality including likes and dislikes, bias, prejudice, etc. onto that big overblown version of a human and called it a god.
if god was like me, I wouldn't have to better my self lol

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#19    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:21 AM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 10 June 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

. as a heterosexual what do you think god wants from my sex life?

For you to keep it to yourself  lol... :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 11 June 2013 - 12:25 AM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#20    Ugly1

Ugly1

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:23 AM

View PostChloeB, on 11 June 2013 - 12:02 AM, said:

And therein lies the problem.....people believing God has a personality, just a big overblown version of a human and over the years, the people who write the story of this God have projected their own personality including likes and dislikes, bias, prejudice, etc. onto that big overblown version of a human and called it a god.

Well I guess people may think this partly because even if you cracked open your bible, and read for 5 minutes you would run across the verse in Genesis (assuming you start at beginning of bible) that says we are made in gods image. Genesis 1: 26 "And God said, Let us create man in our image, after our likeness:

I guess that would be a good start on where people get the idea that god is similar to us. Personality wise, probably not. Image wise, the bible says yes.

Edit: If you could see my body, you would know we are made in gods image. Haha, j/k j/k. Figured I would lighten the mood a bit.

Edited by Ugly1, 11 June 2013 - 12:27 AM.

#21    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,719 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:45 AM

View PostChloeB, on 10 June 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

What's that a threesome?  Now don't that just put a WHOLE new spin on the meaning of the trinity!!!  But that is really creepy, like God has some ideas how he "wants" sexual acts performed is like some pervy peeping Tom wanting to hide and watch while you do what he likes.

God is always present and interested in our spiritual health. Learning to be intimate with god enhances relationships and puts sex in proper perspective since a. You will make choices that are beneficial to you and your partners spiritual growth and maturity b. You have learned a greater intamacy level that you can share with your mate. God is not like a man it is a spiritual thing, not a fleshly thing.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#22    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,719 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:53 AM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 10 June 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

what do you base this on?

If a person is gay they are gay.. it has nothing to do woth you being heterosexual and putting god before your sexual life. A gay christian would be in the position to do the same, put god before thier sexual life. But that wouldn't make them not gay. So what im saying is that thier sexual life and thier relationship with god are a private matter to them. Just like your sexual life is a private matter to you. If you are involved in sexual activity that is unhealthy or ungodly god will rebuke you for that. If it is good and beneficial god will bless... same for anyone.

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#23    ChloeB

ChloeB

Government Agent

• 4,161 posts

• “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” — Leonardo da Vinci

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:05 AM

View PostDarkwind, on 11 June 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

That is called polygamy. A marriage of 3 or more people.

Well I guess that settles it, God is a Mormon!  :P

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”
― William W. Purkey

#24    ChloeB

ChloeB

Government Agent

• 4,161 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:09 AM

View PostUgly1, on 11 June 2013 - 12:23 AM, said:

Well I guess people may think this partly because even if you cracked open your bible, and read for 5 minutes you would run across the verse in Genesis (assuming you start at beginning of bible) that says we are made in gods image. Genesis 1: 26 "And God said, Let us create man in our image, after our likeness:

I guess that would be a good start on where people get the idea that god is similar to us. Personality wise, probably not. Image wise, the bible says yes.

Edit: If you could see my body, you would know we are made in gods image. Haha, j/k j/k. Figured I would lighten the mood a bit.

Let me just take your word for it, mmmkay?  Well just the word personality is indicative of a person.  Image wise, you really think that is some human-looking God character lurking around somewhere in the heavens?  Seems silly to me.  But no, it's more than that, you can see it even in a thread like this, 2 Christians can read their same bible and here you'll have some saying Christians can be gay and some that will say no way.  They have the same verses, the same words, but their idea of what God wants parallels their own.  They have some people close that are gay or just like the story Sherapy told about the boy who believed all that being gay was sinful until someone came along that was gay and his beliefs didn't suit him anymore, so they change and of course they try to make it out God follows along right with them and claim it was all a big misunderstanding and reinterpret it all to make it work for them and their convenience.

Edited by ChloeB, 11 June 2013 - 01:24 AM.

― William W. Purkey

#25    ChloeB

ChloeB

Government Agent

• 4,161 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:14 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 11 June 2013 - 12:45 AM, said:

God is always present and interested in our spiritual health. Learning to be intimate with god enhances relationships and puts sex in proper perspective since a. You will make choices that are beneficial to you and your partners spiritual growth and maturity b. You have learned a greater intamacy level that you can share with your mate. God is not like a man it is a spiritual thing, not a fleshly thing.

Shame and guilt are not healthy for your spiritual well-being and sex and sin is a huge part of Christianity, shaming and guilting are methods for control.

― William W. Purkey

#26    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• 1,527 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:23 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 11 June 2013 - 12:53 AM, said:

If a person is gay they are gay.. it has nothing to do woth you being heterosexual and putting god before your sexual life. A gay christian would be in the position to do the same, put god before thier sexual life. But that wouldn't make them not gay. So what im saying is that thier sexual life and thier relationship with god are a private matter to them. Just like your sexual life is a private matter to you. If you are involved in sexual activity that is unhealthy or ungodly god will rebuke you for that. If it is good and beneficial god will bless... same for anyone.
so can a gay Christian have a sexlife outside of marriage? and god would bless it?

#27    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,719 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:25 AM

View PostChloeB, on 11 June 2013 - 01:14 AM, said:

Shame and guilt are not healthy for your spiritual well-being and sex and sin is a huge part of Christianity, shaming and guilting are methods for control.

That is true...

#28    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,719 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:28 AM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 11 June 2013 - 01:23 AM, said:

so can a gay Christian have a sexlife outside of marriage? and god would bless it?

God would bless a gay marraige yes, outside of marraige yes on that too because they probably wouldn't be legally married. You can be married in your heart.

Edit: and thats the part that really isnt your business, we all go through our stuff.. we are blessed because we know god and have him in our lives as a counselor, protector, provider etc... gay and lesbians are going tobhave issues just like heterosexuals. Ups and downs but its not the sexual orientation that is the determining factor for being blessed. Again the problem is that Christians are labelling the sexual orientation as the sin. God created that person and made them who they are.

Edited by SpiritWriter, 11 June 2013 - 01:35 AM.

#29    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• 1,527 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:36 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 11 June 2013 - 01:28 AM, said:

God would bless a gay marraige yes, outside of marraige yes on that too because they probably wouldn't be legally married. You can be married in your heart.
in the bible it states your married when you have sex, does that mean when two men have intercourse using alternative cavities that they are married? if so can two women be married as they cant consummate the marriage.
I base the being married part by intercourse on this passage.

15 The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”
16 He told her, “Go, call your husband and come back.”
17 “I have no husband,” she replied.
Jesus said to her, “You are right when you say you have no husband. 18 The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true.”
19 “Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet. 20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”

#30    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,719 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:51 AM

View PostChloeB, on 11 June 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

Let me just take your word for it, mmmkay?  Well just the word personality is indicative of a person.  Image wise, you really think that is some human-looking God character lurking around somewhere in the heavens?  Seems silly to me.  But no, it's more than that, you can see it even in a thread like this, 2 Christians can read their same bible and here you'll have some saying Christians can be gay and some that will say no way.  They have the same verses, the same words, but their idea of what God wants parallels their own.  They have some people close that are gay or just like the story Sherapy told about the boy who believed all that being gay was sinful until someone came along that was gay and his beliefs didn't suit him anymore, so they change and of course they try to make it out God follows along right with them and claim it was all a big misunderstanding and reinterpret it all to make it work for them and their convenience.

Well God SHOULD work for us correct? We are one with God and we evolve over time in our understanding of who he is, ive had to adjust my views over the course of my spiritual walk. If I did not I would be very frusterated and not all together sane right about now. But none of this makes him any less real, as a matter of fact my faith has increased at every interval and every step I took at revising my beliefs and the reason for that is because it was him showing me these things as I went along. So I just want to say, making god fit to suit your needs is not bad, there us no way you can change who god is by doing this, you are merely changing yourself and making yourself better. If you have went in the wrong direction with your beliefs and you are serious about your connection and reliance on god, he will correct your path. God is our holy counselor that lives inside of us and works outside of us making our life whole.. it is a real relationship. Just like with another human you will be able to tell if it is fake or real, and also, human relationships takw thier courses as well. As you grow old with someone you learn more about them. If you are mindful you will see if what you are doing is hurting ir helping the relationship. The thing about god is he is always helping because he is the perfect match for everybody. Does one persons perfect match need to be the same as another persons perfect match? Definately not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users