Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gay Christians

gay church gay faith gay christian

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#46    ChloeB

ChloeB

Government Agent

• 4,065 posts

• “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” — Leonardo da Vinci

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:40 AM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 11 June 2013 - 02:14 AM, said:

of course these are the reasons gay people don't want to believe in god, the only thing that stops people from not knowing god is them selves. how  can you be a Christian and not think scripture is important. the whole message of the bible is to spread the word o.o
what makes you a Christian?

If all those words were God's words, a true God that controls all that is and ever was, could spread his own words, he wouldn't need little men to do it, but if men wrote it and claimed God says it, then definitely they would need men to spread it.

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”
― William W. Purkey

#47    Ugly1

Ugly1

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:42 AM

View PostChloeB, on 11 June 2013 - 02:28 AM, said:

Funny, if you read what you say, really the reason for Christianity is a path to heaven and then you say it's a book about your life, when what you're really arguing for is a book about your death and what happens when you die if you sign up with this.  I mean it's typical, and yes, there are definitely absolutes, you dangle a carrot of paradise above someone's head, they'll be the ones who will jump to take a bite, especially if you reinforce it with a fear of hell.  No wonder people call it a death cult.

As long as you take what me saying the bible being about life and put it into the context that you need it to be your discussion will hold water. Too bad it doesn't work like that. The bible is not "You die and go to heaven or hell". The book is about life. But hey, me talking to you about the bible is like me asking you questions about the Encyclopedia Britannica Issue 17 page 4.  They have about the same meaning to you because you have about as much research invested into the bible as you do said Britannica issue.

Now you say you had to find something as ridiculous as my response?  What is your thought process on how we got here? If there is no god, it was a random factor of events, correct? So you are saying that this cannot happen elsewhere in the universe? A universe that you couldn't even begin to fathom the size of couldn't have this happen anywhere else? What I stated is that we are already a proven product of the universe. I think we could have similar shaped beings of some form in the vast universe. Sure why not.

Better rush over to Doodiepants.com and find some more material.

#48    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,329 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:43 AM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 11 June 2013 - 02:35 AM, said:

Or do you not know that the unrighteous[b] will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,[c] 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
last time I checked the definition of homosexuality was being gay or visa versa
I don't know you, only god knows if your a Christian, but if your beliefs goe against Christianity then what am I to think.
what I think doesn't matter, we both need to pray for our selves and others.

No I dont agree with every scripture verse... God is bigger than that to me.I know god and I know the power of christ that is what is important to me. I also know gay people who were created gay. There is an aspect to the bible which is about division and controll, I think hatred toward gays falls under that category. Yep and im still full Christian....

Full christian but also call myself a christian pagan because I kniw god for myself and have my own natural religion not defined by man. So think what you want about what I believe but you cant take god away from me.

Edited by SpiritWriter, 11 June 2013 - 02:46 AM.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#49    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:53 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 11 June 2013 - 02:43 AM, said:

No I dont agree with every scripture verse... God is bigger than that to me.I know god and I know the power of christ that is what is important to me. I also know gay people who were created gay. There is an aspect to the bible which is about division and controll, I think hatred toward gays falls under that category. Yep and im still full Christian....

Full christian but also call myself a christian pagan because I kniw god for myself and have my own natural religion not defined by man. So think what you want about what I believe but you cant take god away from me.
no one knows god, your not more special than other Christians that he would preach a different message to you. know one is created gay, all aspects of a persons personality happen through choices and chance stimulants. if your friends were born blind they wouldn't of become gay and the eyes when added wouldn't make them genetically gay.
going to sleep as its late, if you are a Christian you will pray for me even though we disagreed.

Edited by Armchair Educated, 11 June 2013 - 02:54 AM.

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#50    Ugly1

Ugly1

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:59 AM

Really the bottom line is who cares what people think? It is like we are asking for a discussion on getting people to accept if Homosexual Christians go to heaven. This discussion is not valid. It does not matter what we think. If you are Christian you are told not to judge, and that everyone will be judged accordingly when they die. Will you let your self be drawn down the path of judgement that your faith tells you not to engage in? Not only does it say do not engage in it, but you will be held accountable for engaging in it.
As I said earlier, I pray everyone finds love in their life. Regarding Homosexuals going to heaven; Nobody here is going to be able to answer that one for you with any certainty.

#51    ChloeB

ChloeB

Government Agent

• 4,065 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:01 AM

View PostUgly1, on 11 June 2013 - 02:42 AM, said:

As long as you take what me saying the bible being about life and put it into the context that you need it to be your discussion will hold water. Too bad it doesn't work like that. The bible is not "You die and go to heaven or hell". The book is about life. But hey, me talking to you about the bible is like me asking you questions about the Encyclopedia Britannica Issue 17 page 4.  They have about the same meaning to you because you have about as much research invested into the bible as you do said Britannica issue.

I'd be very careful assuming you know how much research I've invested into the bible.

Now you say you had to find something as ridiculous as my response?  What is your thought process on how we got here? If there is no god, it was a random factor of events, correct? So you are saying that this cannot happen elsewhere in the universe? A universe that you couldn't even begin to fathom the size of couldn't have this happen anywhere else? What I stated is that we are already a proven product of the universe. I think we could have similar shaped beings of some form in the vast universe. Sure why not.

Better rush over to Doodiepants.com and find some more material.

No, I'm not saying that can't happen anywhere else in the universe, but your argument and logic is if there's some aliens somewhere with 2 arms, 2 legs and a head, therefore that proves God looks that way, and man is created in God's image, literally a human-looking being.  You sound like those ancient alien guys claiming gods were aliens.

― William W. Purkey

#52    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,329 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:11 AM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 11 June 2013 - 02:53 AM, said:

no one knows god, your not more special than other Christians that he would preach a different message to you. know one is created gay, all aspects of a persons personality happen through choices and chance stimulants. if your friends were born blind they wouldn't of become gay and the eyes when added wouldn't make them genetically gay.
going to sleep as its late, if you are a Christian you will pray for me even though we disagreed.

Everyone is special including me I am blessed to know God although yes, he is a mystery and impossible to know in full. I will pray for you if thats what you wish i have no problem with that. Im actually glad for you because i dont get the opportunity to discuss these matters a lot with other christians. I am quieter in real life than i am on line. Don't think that god speaks to everyone the same, remember we are all parts of the same body, we are different but connected through God.

And also yes people are gay for real, not a curse, not a posession, it is who they are. You just arent familiar with it. Its unfair that they should be unaccapted to such a harsh degree from "Gods people".

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#53    ChloeB

ChloeB

Government Agent

• 4,065 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:15 AM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 11 June 2013 - 02:53 AM, said:

all aspects of a persons personality happen through choices and chance stimulants.

Well congratulations, you've single-handedly solved the nature vs. nurture debate.  Your Nobel prize awaits you.

― William W. Purkey

#54    Ugly1

Ugly1

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:22 AM

View PostChloeB, on 11 June 2013 - 03:01 AM, said:

I'd be very careful assuming you know how much research I've invested into the bible.

No, I'm not saying that can't happen anywhere else in the universe, but your argument and logic is if there's some aliens somewhere with 2 arms, 2 legs and a head, therefore that proves God looks that way, and man is created in God's image, literally a human-looking being.  You sound like those ancient alien guys claiming gods were aliens.

Hey, I am quoting a book that you have now claimed to have researched regarding the created in his image. I did not say that because there may be another form similar to us in the Universe that this would mean god is built that way. The bible says that.  Regarding the possibility that there is another form of life in the universe similarly built to a human having me come off as an ancient alien rambler.  Ehhhhhh? I guess I missed the part of my post where I rambled about some Aliens coming and genetically altering humans or building pyramids.
Did your reading comprehension skills translate this well when you were doing all your studious research into the bible? I guess when you read Genesis 1:27 you were like, "Man this god guy sure sounds like an ancient alien theorist!". Please read this two or three times before you resort to posting more doodiepants content, or make up some more things to insinuate that I am trying to say something I am not.

#55    Ever Learning

Ever Learning

Psychic Spy

• 1,512 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:27 AM

View PostChloeB, on 11 June 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

Well congratulations, you've single-handedly solved the nature vs. nurture debate.  Your Nobel prize awaits you.
I notice you don't critise people who say they are born gay. whats your view on the nature verses nuture debate? just disagree with me but don't risk saying any ideas your self. obviously its not all nuture, its 4.26 in the morning, im reseeting my body clock, cut me some slack

www.paranormaltales.boards.net

#56    ChloeB

ChloeB

Government Agent

• 4,065 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:30 AM

View PostUgly1, on 11 June 2013 - 03:22 AM, said:

Hey, I am quoting a book that you have now claimed to have researched regarding the created in his image. I did not say that because there may be another form similar to us in the Universe that this would mean god is built that way. The bible says that.

LOL you who tells me how little I've researched into the bible, but please quote me out of your book where it says "because there may be another form similar to us in the Universe that this would mean god is built that way."

― William W. Purkey

#57    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:37 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 10 June 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

What god wants from your sex life is between you, your partner and God.

Well, that depends on the god, doesn´t it.
I.e. you get very different demands if your god, is Dionyses, Venus, or Allah...

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#58    ChloeB

ChloeB

Government Agent

• 4,065 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:38 AM

View PostArmchair Educated, on 11 June 2013 - 03:27 AM, said:

I notice you don't critise people who say they are born gay. whats your view on the nature verses nuture debate? just disagree with me but don't risk saying any ideas your self. obviously its not all nuture, its 4.26 in the morning, im reseeting my body clock, cut me some slack

I do believe people are born gay.  I do not believe every single gay person is born gay, but that doesn't really matter to me.  I think we are complex creatures, nature vs. nurture are both factors.  For example, you could have 2 people that lived identical lives (nurture), but turned out very differently, their innate temperament (nature) could be the explanation of why they were different.  Take a psych class if you want it explained to you any further than that, but we aren't just born a blank slate like you're saying.

― William W. Purkey

#59    Ugly1

Ugly1

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:39 AM

View PostChloeB, on 11 June 2013 - 03:30 AM, said:

LOL you who tells me how little I've researched into the bible, but please quote me out of your book where it says "because there may be another form similar to us in the Universe that this would mean god is built that way."

Let me break it down for ya. Genesis 1:27 God created man in his own image, in the image of god he created him.

Now we are talking the happenstance that there is some being in the universe that turned out to look like a human. Okay, now let's put these two together.  Bible says, we are created in gods image. We said, there may randomly be a human shaped being somewhere, due to the sheer size of our universe.  Now if there was some being in the universe that looked like a human, we could also say that this random being was created in the image of god because it looks like a human and in the bible we are told that we are created in the image of god.
I bet jokes go over real well for you. Okay, so at first I had to say knock knock because typically when you knock you will knock more tha........

#60    ChloeB

ChloeB

Government Agent

• 4,065 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:42 AM

View PostUgly1, on 11 June 2013 - 03:39 AM, said:

Let me break it down for ya. Genesis 1:27 God created man in his own image, in the image of god he created him.

Now we are talking the happenstance that there is some being in the universe that turned out to look like a human. Okay, now let's put these two together.  Bible says, we are created in gods image. We said, there may randomly be a human shaped being somewhere, due to the sheer size of our universe.  Now if there was some being in the universe that looked like a human, we could also say that this random being was created in the image of god because it looks like a human and in the bible we are told that we are created in the image of god.
I bet jokes go over real well for you. Okay, so at first I had to say knock knock because typically when you knock you will knock more tha........

LOL, just say you couldn't find the quote and back up what you said when I called you on it, that it's your own crackpot theory and be done with it.  Goodnight.

― William W. Purkey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users