Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Would you cryopreserve your head?

cryopreserve

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 35,862 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

A group of Oxford dons are spending roughly the same amount per month as a gym membership to be cryo-preserved after they die - or frozen in liquid nitrogen at -196C.

The hope is that in a few hundred years, technology will be developed enough to revive them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22841785

Posted Image

#2    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 4,563 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:14 PM

The fallacy to this is that the people in a few hundred years will actually want to revive them... Particularly if the technology is advanced enough - meaning that there is no interveneing "dark age" and thus no loss of historical data from today...

They would be middle aged (or much older) people with no practical skills and full of outdated, obsolete knowledge... Not who I would choose to thaw out...

#3    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 33,478 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:55 PM

I don't expect to live but once, and I don't want to. So I would hardly waste my money on freezing my head to obtain something I don't want.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users