Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Iceman Suffered Brain Damage Before Death

ötzi the iceman brain damage cerebral trauma human mummy

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,235 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

An injury to the head, not an arrow wound, may have killed Ötzi the Iceman, the 5,300-year-old mummy found in the Italian Alps, says a new paleoproteomic study into the brain of Europe’s oldest natural human mummy.

The protein investigation appears to support a 2007 research into the mummy’s brain. The study pointed to a cerebral trauma as the cause of death.

http://news.discover...#mkcpgn=rssnws1

Posted Image

#2    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 6,011 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

Sounds like he had a hard life and a harder death...

#3    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,113 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 11 June 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

An injury to the head, not an arrow wound, may have killed Ötzi the Iceman, the 5,300-year-old mummy found in the Italian Alps, says a new paleoproteomic study into the brain of Europe’s oldest natural human mummy.

The protein investigation appears to support a 2007 research into the mummy’s brain. The study pointed to a cerebral trauma as the cause of death.

http://news.discover...#mkcpgn=rssnws1

The guy is being chased in the mountains, get's hit by an arrow, falls over from a cliff and crushes his head on a rock on the way down.

#4    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 10,021 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

The first episode of Game of Thrones.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#5    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 32,471 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

Fascinating how we just keep learning. I have been trying to keep up with Otzi news, there always seems to be something else to learn. Thanks for posting this.

I am not big on the cerimonial burial hypothesis though. Seems rather a stretch to be frank.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#6    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:50 PM

Either way he was having a bad day lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users