Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Sky has Eyes

eyes skies sun clouds sky

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1    trudoug

trudoug

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• Seeing is understanding.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

Other day in March, just before Easter, I was driving my small vehicle and was able to snatch out a few images of the sky as I was riding along this straightaway. As you can see the road is very long at least 7 miles straightaway. I was traveling west. As you can see the pair of "eyes" in the sky are looking directly in this direction. Upon careful examination of these 2 clouds, (while driving), I could see the sun was directly behind the 2 clouds, the reason for such bright illumination! Looking steadily at the right eye (as we're looking at the image), closer to where the forehead meets with the eyes, I could see a small circle that was opened by the eyes and that was where I could clearly see the sun in the background. I had to turn away due I was driving at the time. But I continue to look up and the sites in the skies always please me. If you'd like a larger image where you can zoom in and really see it, email me  & request.  EYESG.jpg

#2    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

So do the hills  !!

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,661 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

Looks like God is taking a peak over the horizon to see what we are doing.

What is that in the sky on the right side of the picture?

#4    trudoug

trudoug

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

Well if you look real hard you will see a pair of wings. That's what I call them. The sun is shining behind the almost transparent clouds.  I don't know what you're talking about on the right side of the picture. There is no other light I thought.

View PostHilander, on 11 June 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

#5    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 4,395 posts

• Beliefs won't make you a better person but your actions will.

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:13 PM

You mean that dark spot?
Kind of looks like there is a ding on the windshield.

Interesting photos of a sunset behind a storm system.

#6    darkmoonlady

darkmoonlady

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

• Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'-Shawshank Redemption/Life is a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death-Auntie Mame

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

The dark spot looks like a helicopter, but the lights are crepuscular rays. http://en.wikipedia....repuscular_rays

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance …or change... logic can be happily tossed out the window. Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the worlds vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it’s ALL on purpose” – Stephen King, The Stand

#7    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 3,011 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:02 PM

It's a cool picture and it could be anything you want it to be. Thanks for sharing. I would love to see some interesting cloud shapes in the sky like that. I think I've only seen a couple of unusual formations. Once I saw wings.

#8    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 28,273 posts

• Paranoid Android... *whaa--*

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:59 AM

Is it scientifically possible for sunlight to stream from the sky in two completely different directions? As far as I know, it's not. But the photo looks like the sun is slanting one direction from one "eye", and a completely different direction from the other. I could be wrong, perhaps it's just a parallax error, but first impressions are that the picture is physically impossible.

That said, it's a good photo :yes:

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#9    trudoug

trudoug

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

That dark spot on my windshield is either a bug splat or debris sitting on my windshield. I notice it on a lot of my photos as
I take some pictures from inside the car out the windshield!

View PostRyu, on 04 August 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

You mean that dark spot?
Kind of looks like there is a ding on the windshield.

Interesting photos of a sunset behind a storm system.

#10    trudoug

trudoug

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

I had a youtube page where I put videos of the sky photos I take. Some are very interesting. I wish I knew how to convert a swf to a movie. I've created some spectacular movies but can't post them on youtube until I convert them.  I need to organize them I will leave a url later.

View PostEver After, on 04 August 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

It's a cool picture and it could be anything you want it to be. Thanks for sharing. I would love to see some interesting cloud shapes in the sky like that. I think I've only seen a couple of unusual formations. Once I saw wings.

#11    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 14,691 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 11 June 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

So do the hills  !!
And potatoes.
Corn, I hear, has ears.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#12    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,863 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:02 AM

View PostParanoid Android, on 05 August 2013 - 07:59 AM, said:

Is it scientifically possible for sunlight to stream from the sky in two completely different directions? As far as I know, it's not. But the photo looks like the sun is slanting one direction from one "eye", and a completely different direction from the other. I could be wrong, perhaps it's just a parallax error, but first impressions are that the picture is physically impossible.

That said, it's a good photo :yes:

I got this one trudoug  ..   Sure it is P.A.   The sun is centered behind the cloud .  
  Sunlight radiates in EVERY direction ?  cub_energy2_lesson09_activity1_image1.gif

Edited by lightly, 06 August 2013 - 12:13 AM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#13    trudoug

trudoug

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:25 PM

That's a smudge on my windshield.

#14    trudoug

trudoug

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:30 PM

That's correct. The sun was behind the 2 transparent clouds...... It was during sunset. The sun was actually to the right and above, and, yes, behind the clouds.  As I topped one of the hills, I could see the sun's rays coming from the right. Almost blinding me as I continued driving toward the left.

View Postlightly, on 06 August 2013 - 12:02 AM, said:

I got this one trudoug  ..   Sure it is P.A.   The sun is centered behind the cloud .  
  Sunlight radiates in EVERY direction ?  Attachment cub_energy2_lesson09_activity1_image1.gif

Also tagged with eyes, skies, sun, clouds, sky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users