Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ghost/ Alien what was this

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,802 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

View Posteley, on 12 June 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

please can you explain what that is or i should say how that would happen, i dont do drugs or anything

thanks
It has nothing to do with drugs.  I don't do any drugs (apart from drinking at the weekends) and I experience these hallucinations all the time.

I'm not a psychologist or sleep expert so take what I say with a grain of salt.  Usually people wake up cleanly from sleep and that's that.  Perhaps they have a memory of a dream they were having.

Sometimes however, people don't wake up quite cleanly.  It involves waking up but still being in a somewhat dream state of mind and thus on the one hand you feel awake (because you are to an extent) but you're still hallucinating dreamlike stuff.  A common type of hallucination experienced during this state is to see a figure or figures in your room.  It ranges quite a bit.  A hooded figure (my experiences).  Little aliens or goblins.  A woman.  Etc.  Other hallucinations are auditory - hearing voices that aren't there and the likes.  Or visual and auditory at the same time.

I get the impression from reading testimony on this and other websites that those of us who aren't great sleepers and experience these kind of things (along with lucid dreaming, sleep paralysis, etc.) on a regular or semi-regular basis are less likely to ascribe it to the paranormal and those who have a one-off experience are more likely to think of it as a paranormal event.  Which is understandable, experiencing something regularly is more likely to lead to some deeper investigation and reading on the subject than a one-off experience.

Anyway, like I said, it's not a sign of anything wrong or to do with drug abuse.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users