Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Humans Reach South Asia After Major Eruption

india human migration

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,789 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:25 AM

Humans Reached South Asia After Major Eruption

http://www.livescien...a-eruption.html

Humans didn't enter the Indian subcontinent until after the massive eruption of Mount Toba in Sumatra nearly 75,000 years ago, new research suggests — overturning a previous idea that humans arrived much earlier.

This is going to mess with those people who Really, Really, Really want those stories of Rama to be true.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#2    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:32 AM

I find it interesting that Australia is supposedly settled roughly in the time frame, I wonder if weather drove people to relocate.

Just out of interest, it seems humans started leaving African before even Homo Erectus did, have you ever had a good look into those suggested migrations? I find the speculation fascinating.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#3    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

Huh?  Homo erectus was in Eurasia for over a million years.  Sapiens didn't even evolve until about 200,000 years ago.

#4    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:42 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 12 June 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

Huh?  Homo erectus was in Eurasia for over a million years.  Sapiens didn't even evolve until about 200,000 years ago.

Yep:  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Man

Edited by Abramelin, 13 June 2013 - 10:43 AM.

#5    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:02 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 12 June 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

Sorry, I should have said ancient humans, or rather human ancestors.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#6    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:22 AM

It seems there were probably at least two waves of hominids and an earlier wave of anthropoids "out of Africa."

The homo erectus/homo habilis wave occurred maybe as much as two million years ago and reached China and Europe.  Homo sapiens also evolved in Africa and itself began moving into Eurasia maybe as much as 200,000 years ago.  It replaced the earlier hominids there, there being some who think maybe there was a little interbreeding although the evidence seems to indicate not.

Africa is pretty clearly the birthplace of humanity.

Also tagged with india, human migration

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users