Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

NYC Mayoral Candidates

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

People keep panning Anthony Weiner ,well here are our candidates .
Let me say John Lui is a puppet ,and
Christine Quinn is Bloomberg Jr,only WORSE .
They're asking Al Sharpton to enter the race now.

Weiner actually CARES about the city and its constituants . Look at his POLITICAL TRACK RECORD ,and then tell me ,who would you vote for ?

http://en.wikipedia...._election,_2013

Rep

Candidates

Declared Adolfo Carrión, Jr., former director of the White House Office of Urban Affairs and former Borough President of The Bronx (now an Independent, Carrión would have to switch parties or receive a Wilson Pakula in order to run as a Republican; [2][3] has also received the nomination of the Independence Party) [4] John A. Catsimatidis, businessman, owner of companies including the Red Apple Group, the Gristedes supermarket chain and the United Refining Company(has received the Liberal Party nomination) [5] Joseph J. Lhota, former Chairman of the MTA (has received the Libertarian and Conservative Party nominations) [2][6] George McDonald, founder of The Doe Fund

Dem

Candidates

Declared Sal Albanese, former New York City Councilman [42] Ceceilia Berkowitz, social media journalist [43][44] Randy Credico, comedian and former Director of the William Moses Kunstler Fund for Racial Justice [45] Bill de Blasio, New York City Public Advocate [46] John Liu, New York City Comptroller [47] Christine Quinn, speaker of the New York City Council [48] Erick Salgado, Pastor of the Church of Iglesia Jovenes Cristianos [49] Bill Thompson, former New York City Comptroller and Democratic Party nominee for Mayor in 2009 [50] Anthony Weiner, former U.S. Representative for New York's 9th congressional district [

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 12 June 2013 - 10:11 AM.

Miss me?

#2    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

Quinn is the front runner in approval ratings ,everyone else is wwaayyy down ,except Weiner  .
This,is Quinn's legacy .

http://westviewnews....-quinn-must-go/

This is Weiners voting record

http://www.thepoliti...y_Weiner/Views/

Who would you vote for ?

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 12 June 2013 - 10:33 AM.

Miss me?

#3    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,335 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 12 June 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

Who would you vote for ?

Sadly, none of the above. You know politics are bad when you have to choose between the lesser of the two evils. I'm just glad I don't live in NYC. We have enough of our own problems upstate.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,854 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

Pretty bad when a decent person doesn't want to run.  I would have a problem voting for any of them.

I liked the fact Weiner voted against FISA.

#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 12 June 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

Sadly, none of the above. You know politics are bad when you have to choose between the lesser of the two evils. I'm just glad I don't live in NYC. We have enough of our own problems upstate.

It's always voting for the lesser of two evils ,but Weiner is a good politician .
Clinton did much worse ,and he's a political power house . Why is he forgiven ,but Weiner is bad because of pictures ?
Clinton embarrassed the entire country ,and no one even remembers it when they pay him $$$$ to appear or go represent the country somewhere .
His wife forgave him .

Miss me?

#6    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 7,149 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

weiner

RESIDENT TROLL.

#7    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostHilander, on 12 June 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

Pretty bad when a decent person doesn't want to run.  I would have a problem voting for any of them.

I liked the fact Weiner voted against FISA.

Yeah, that's good. He sounds like the better candidate....

Monty Brewster: What are you gonna vote?
Crowd: [in unison] None of the above!

---- "Brewster's Millions"

#8    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 6,950 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

Just by going with he odds I can guess the winner will be an embarrassment to rational New Yorkers and a failure as mayor.  My personal pick is Al Sharpton just for the comedic value.  Thank God I left that doomed state back in the early '80s and never looked back.

Edited by Merc14, 13 June 2013 - 01:31 PM.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#9    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,898 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:40 PM

Quinn will probably win it.  The OP has a biased view of things.

#10    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostMerc14, on 13 June 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

Just by going with he odds I can guess the winner will be an embarrassment to rational New Yorkers and a failure as mayor.  My personal pick is Al Sharpton just for the comedic value.  Thank God I left that doomed state back in the early '80s and never looked back.

I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy...LOL

#11    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 6,950 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

View PostKowalski, on 13 June 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy...LOL

You have to admit that watching that idiot opining as mayor of NYC would provide years of laughs.  Bloomberg playing food police would be nothing compared to Sharpton's antics.  He could make Calypso Louie Farrakhan commissioner of police and then the cops would have to wear bow ties all day. LMAO.  :clap:

When your best candidate is Weiner you know the unholy alliance of left wing democrats and the MSM has finally achieved fruition and chased any good person away from politics. We get the leaders we deserve.

Edited by Merc14, 13 June 2013 - 02:21 PM.

Believing when there is no compelling evidence is a mistake.  The idea is to withhold belief until there is compelling evidence and if the universe does not comply with our predispositions, okay, then we have the wrenching obligation to accommodate to the way the universe really is.  - Carl Sagan

Who is more humble, the scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us or somebody who says everything in this book should be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of the human beings involved in the writing of this legend - Carl Sagan

#12    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 13 June 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

Quinn will probably win it.  The OP has a biased view of things.

Her popularity in the polls has gone down since Weiner entered the race. And all of nyc is biased . We hate her ,just like we hate fuhrer bloombarf . You obviously didn't read the link about her I posted. She should be in jail ,not running for office .

Miss me?

#13    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:12 PM

View Postaztek, on 13 June 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

weiner

And he wears it proudly :D
Hey,he's hot in his undies . He will get the women's vote. Quinn thinks she's getting the gay vote,just because she's gay .
...but even the gay comm has her number .

Miss me?

#14    preacherman76

preacherman76

Seeker

• 11,488 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 12 June 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

It's always voting for the lesser of two evils ,but Weiner is a good politician .
Clinton did much worse ,and he's a political power house . Why is he forgiven ,but Weiner is bad because of pictures ?
Clinton embarrassed the entire country ,and no one even remembers it when they pay him $$$$ to appear or go represent the country somewhere .
His wife forgave him .

His voting record looks pretty bad to me Simbi. What is it about him that you like? There were a couple things I liked, but I felt overall our differences are irreconcilable,

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#15    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:53 AM

View Postpreacherman76, on 13 June 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

His voting record looks pretty bad to me Simbi. What is it about him that you like? There were a couple things I liked, but I felt overall our differences are irreconcilable,

That's the thing ,he's only half bad. Everyone elses voting records are *worse* .Even Dibalsio who was my only conceivable choice initially .
,and Quinn is far worse  .

Has no read the article about her ?
One of the reasons fuhrer b did another term ,aside from his own ego ,is that Quinn wanted to run ,but her slush fund activity  came to light at the end of his second term .
She decided not to run ,to use his third term to repair her reputation . Her activity was completely illegal ,and it was just all swept under the carpet by him .

She's the one closing everything in nyc,including hospitals,which all stand empty now,going on 5 years,because she promised all the property to developers for high end condos .
The locals fighting it all,have kept it all in limbo,but if she takes office,everything will go under ,for condos.
The city is already far too overcrowded,and they want to jam another million people in here .
The middle class,aka me ,pays for everyone else.
The poor ,80% of whom are not poor but milking medicaid somehow,and the rich,live here tax free,and we are dying .

Shes the fool who renamed all our bridges and tunnels ,and the namees ,all agreed to back her run for mayor in return .
She strong arms the city council into doing everything she wants. If she ends up mayor ,this place will explode . I'm not kidding.
She's evil incarnate .
There are recordings of her threatening peoples on facebook .

I'd rather have him over any of the others . The others are just more of the same,only not as evil.

And not for nothing,Al Sharpton,a butt of many a joke by me,once upon a time ,has changed a lot. I respect him now.
He's done good work with his office in recent years.
I would also vote for him before Quinn .

Miss me?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users