Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The 4 horseman :Atheist Agenda

• Please log in to reply
305 replies to this topic

#1    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

So recently some of the best Atheist minds got together and decided to confront the religous, nothing unusual about that, however what the outcome was to all that may be of intrest ( and i will post the outcome of that Debate shortly)  

Since the same debates happen here day in day out and these are the guys whos opinions are mentioned  ( yes i read your posts) it might be intresting for some to see how well they faired?, so the next time there names and opinions are quoted we know how well these Atheist opinions stood up when tested. ( and every work should be tested)

at best by watching these vids you will find them intresting i think, i know i did. Heads up: its 1 hour or so long but enjoyable intelectual discussion!

this video shows a group of Famous Atheist who decide at the end that they have the brains to destroy Established Religion!..

video continue Hour2:

Edited by Irrelevant, 12 June 2013 - 10:53 AM.

#2    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

..the outcome of these discussions in the above videos.

#3    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,577 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

John Lennox triumphed in the world of flying god men and talking animals.

#4    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 5,099 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostIrrelevant, on 12 June 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

..the outcome of these discussions in the above videos.

Whats your point?

Science isn’t about truth and falsity, it’s about reducing uncertainty ~ Brian Nosek

#5    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

Emma, at last we meet. I've read many of your posts.

There is no point other than to show the defeat of this group and its agenda.  The foundation that holds these debates is called " fixed Point" , in that those who hold a fixed point debate on that point. Have you heard of fixed point foundation before? What is your point in asking what's my point?
http://www.fixed-point.org/

Edited by Irrelevant, 12 June 2013 - 01:56 PM.

#6    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=yqaHXKLRKzg

#7    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,320 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

Can you cut this short please, i am not going to watch nearly 3 hours of videos. What questions are you asking?

#8    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:41 PM

Can Atheist triumph over the Religion, if so how?

#9    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostIrrelevant, on 12 June 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

By getting people to use their brains?

I am not holding my breath though...

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#10    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 12 June 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

I am not holding my breath though...

This is what the New Atheist Agenda thought to, (its at the end of the second video) that they had the Brains to defeat the Faiths..

#11    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 12 June 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

That would be nice wouldn't it? ;)

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#12    Doug1o29

Doug1o29

Telekinetic

• 7,388 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

View PostIrrelevant, on 12 June 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

Education is the only thing that might work.  But even after a major success in that area, there will be some holdouts.

I have found that those who know the most about their own religion are easiest to talk to and the least offensive about discussing religion.  It's the know-nothings who create the problems, whether we're talking about Islam, Christianity or any other religion.

Whether atheism can/should triumph over religion is an irrelevant issue.  Just getting people to learn what their own belief systems say would be a major improvement.
Doug

If I have seen farther than other men, it is because I stood on the shoulders of giants. --Bernard de Chartres
The beginning of knowledge is the realization that one doesn't and cannot know everything.
Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance. --Hippocrates
Ignorance is not an opinion. --Adam Scott

#13    Mr. Miyagi

Mr. Miyagi

"His Dudeness"

• 1,626 posts

• "..."

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

I've watched these videos before at one point or another and I remember Hitchens specifically stating that he does NOT wish to see a world without faith. I think his reasons were because he enjoys the debates and discussions he has with believers. I also remember them feeling that it's a battle that they won't win or something to that effect. I don't remember the opinions of the others specifically, but on the points that I've mentioned alone I feel your thread is a bit disengenous.

Edited by Mr. Miyagi, 12 June 2013 - 04:15 PM.

#14    Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

I find its the Athiests who are the strongest opponents against  the various faiths, seeking like those in the posted videos to purposly undermine and "convert" to there thinking by attacking, rather than being accepting of others beliefs.  There is a reasonably decent and accepting relationship amongst most organised faiths these days at the highest level,  Im not of the opinion any one faith as a whole desires the complete abolishment of the others, yet I see western  secular society at its highest level purposely and actively  seeking the complete distruction of all faiths/ organised religion/belief in a higher being..the stripping away of societys fabric , the very agenda of those in the videos and of others I've noticed.

#15    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

View PostIrrelevant, on 12 June 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

This is what the New Atheist Agenda thought to, (its at the end of the second video) that they had the Brains to defeat the Faiths..

I am not sure what you mean by "defeat the faiths".

Do you mean check and reject religious teachings? Everybody with a brain can do that. They just have to use it.

Or do you mean make organized (and disorganized) religions go away in the world? Now that will be a long and hard struggle, and I am not sure at all it can be won.

You should clarify what you are talking about.

Edited by Zaphod222, 12 June 2013 - 04:22 PM.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users