Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Joe Biden Can't Believe Republicans Listen to

joe biden rand paul ron paul ted cruz

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

Joe Biden Can't Believe Republicans Listen to 'Two Freshman Senators

Joe Biden went nearly full Biden at a fundraiser for Democratic Representative Ed Markey tonight, covering everything from gun control to Al Gore to the "two freshman senators" that he just can't fathom anyone is really listening to.
Biden's speech, as written up in the pool report by The Boston Globe's Matthew Viser, referred to the "gigantic chasm" between the Democrats and Republicans in Congress. The vice president then added:

“I’m not talking about the character or even the quality of the minds of the people I’m going to mention. But the last thing in the world we need now is someone who will go down to the United States Senate and support Ted Cruz, support the new senator from Kentucky -- or the old senator from Kentucky. Think about this,” he said. “Have you ever seen a time when two freshman senators are able to cower the bulk of the Republican Party in the Senate? That is not hyperbole.”

Biden circled back to Cruz and — this time by name — Rand Paul while speaking about gun control:

"I called 17 senators out, 9 of whom were Republicans,” he added. “Not one of offered an explanation on the merits of why they couldn’t vote for the background check. But almost to a person, they said, ‘I don’t want to take on Ted Cruz. I don’t want to take on Rand Paul. They’ll be in my district.’

“I actually said, ‘Are you kidding? These are two freshman,’” Biden added. “This is a different, party folks."

Of course, Biden isn't the only more seasoned politician who seems to find Cruz's quick rise to prominence a bit baffling. In May, Republican Senator John McCain wasn't a huge fan of him, either. And Senator Harry Reid referred to Cruz as the "very junior Senator from Texas."

I can't believe people actually listen to Biden.....

#2    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,986 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

Biden is a clown.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#3    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

I don't think even Biden listens to Biden.. ;)

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#4    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,986 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

View PostJeffertonturner, on 12 June 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

I don't think even Biden listens to Biden.. ;)

Probably too many voices in his head to keep track of.

Edited by Sweetpumper, 12 June 2013 - 03:06 PM.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#5    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

Let's remember, that the same politicians defending the NSA spying program and the IRS also wanted to create a national gun registry..... :no:

Edited by Kowalski, 12 June 2013 - 03:27 PM.

#6    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

Oh well....comedy relief has it's place I suppose...

Posted Image

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users