Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Is Snowden An American Hero?

domestic spying snowden nsa

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Is Snowden A hero! (22 member(s) have cast votes)

So you think Snowden is an American Hero?

1. Yes (14 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. No (1 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

3. undecided (5 votes [22.73%])

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

4. Other: please elaborate (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16    hacktorp

hacktorp

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 12 June 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

A coup took place and unfolded over the next 50years and you are living with the consequences. There was nothing inevitable about the hijacking and corruption of your nation - you as citizens were manipulated to believe that was the only way things could be, but you were wrong. Resting back control will be hideously difficult as ignorance of the issues is widespread and they have had 50 years to prepare for the inevitable backlash. Most will not even try to understand and stand up. The chances of failure are probable.

Things do indeed look bleak, however there can be some reason for hope in that global changes seem imminent.  The western financial system is bankrupt and this fact cannot remain hidden for much longer.

When the vast 'wealth' that is represented by financial derivatives and rehypothecated debt finally re-aligns with the real economy, most of those who benefitted from the coup you refer to will lose their lofty positions.  That will be a SHTF moment we will all remember...and I think it is coming soon.

Edited by hacktorp, 12 June 2013 - 06:50 PM.

#17    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,450 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

I don't know what people were thinking when no real objections were made when Bush and the rest of them were passing the patriot act.  The government not going to give themselves a new toy to play with and not use it.  I've assumed since they passed it they were watching emails and such.  Didn't stop the Boston Bomber did it and they were warned about them.

What I hate about bills that give government broader powers is maybe the man up there now is trustworthy and would do the right thing but what about someone 10 or 20 years down the road.  Even the people passing these bills should be thinking about their own grandkids and their future liberties.

He is a hero for the constitution.

#18    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:43 PM

View PostHilander, on 12 June 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

I don't know what people were thinking when no real objections were made when Bush and the rest of them were passing the patriot act.  

They were thinking about the planes that hit office buildings in downtown NYC. When something like that happens in your own backyard, turning everything you thought you knew upside-down, you won't be thinking as clearly

View PostHilander, on 12 June 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

The government not going to give themselves a new toy to play with and not use it.  I've assumed since they passed it they were watching emails and such.  Didn't stop the Boston Bomber did it and they were warned about them.

See that's what bothers me. They haven't made any attempt to justify all of these invasive security measures. Maybe there is a national security reason behind it, but some justification would really ease the tension

“These International bankers and Rockefeller-Standard Oil interests control the majority of newspapers and the columns of these newspapers to club into submission or drive out of public office officials who refuse to do the bidding of the powerful corrupt cliques which compose the invisible government.”

- Roosevelt

#19    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 12 June 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

They were thinking about the planes that hit office buildings in downtown NYC. When something like that happens in your own backyard, turning everything you thought you knew upside-down, you won't be thinking as clearly

See that's what bothers me. They haven't made any attempt to justify all of these invasive security measures. Maybe there is a national security reason behind it, but some justification would really ease the tension

All they have to do is use the word "terrorism" and people think it's justified.... :no:

#20    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• 1,570 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

View PostKowalski, on 12 June 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

All they have to do is use the word "terrorism" and people think it's justified.... :no:

Ugh. Tell me about it. That's the worst buzzword of the century.

“These International bankers and Rockefeller-Standard Oil interests control the majority of newspapers and the columns of these newspapers to club into submission or drive out of public office officials who refuse to do the bidding of the powerful corrupt cliques which compose the invisible government.”

- Roosevelt

#21    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 4,111 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:11 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 12 June 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

Its a failure of the people to hold their government accountable, not a failure of the concept of governance. It would be well to remember this when the small government crowd start baying like a pack of wolves.

Br Cornelius

I seem to remember Heinlein saying in one of his books that a government is too big if it takes up more than one building. I think of that at the local level. I think of that at the state level. I think of that at the national level.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#22    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 4,111 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:13 PM

View PostKowalski, on 12 June 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

I fear NOT terrorism, but the loss of our USA Constitution and Bill of Rights. It isn't the terrorists who diminished our American rights, it was our own Congressmen. Be Aware. Be Very Aware.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#23    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• 1,610 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 12 June 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

Please feel free to speak out on what you are thinking about this issue with regards to the whistleblower who re-exposed the unconstitutional atrocities by the NSA.

I wish I did feel free to speak out on issues anymore

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#24    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

I voted other.

I commend his braverly to go publlic and ultimately ruining his life for exposing something he didn't think was right.  If he gave over a watch list and other sensitive processes publicly he didn't help anything for security in the world.  He may be niave enough to think he can make a safe house somewhere because of some things he knows but ultimately there is none in the end.

Things are becoming more transparent and I think truth is a good thing in the end.
Whistlebowers may live for a while with ruined lives but then it's just existence not living.
He was NSA long enough to realize this, so you have to admit the man was brave to do it, even if you don't agree with how he went about it.

#25    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,609 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostWhite Unicorn, on 12 June 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

I voted other.

I commend his braverly to go publlic and ultimately ruining his life for exposing something he didn't think was right.  If he gave over a watch list and other sensitive processes publicly he didn't help anything for security in the world.  He may be niave enough to think he can make a safe house somewhere because of some things he knows but ultimately there is none in the end.

Things are becoming more transparent and I think truth is a good thing in the end.
Whistlebowers may live for a while with ruined lives but then it's just existence not living.
He was NSA long enough to realize this, so you have to admit the man was brave to do it, even if you don't agree with how he went about it.

Snowden was a security guard with the NSA, in IT with the CIA, then in IT again with the NSA but as a private contractor for less than three months.

Not a lot of experience to know about safe houses. This isn't a movie.

#26    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:10 AM

View PostThe world needs you, on 13 June 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

Snowden was a security guard with the NSA, in IT with the CIA, then in IT again with the NSA but as a private contractor for less than three months.

Not a lot of experience to know about safe houses. This isn't a movie.

Not much experience but I still think he had to understand some of  the gravity of the situation by breaking the oath of silence.

#27    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,523 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

View PostWhite Unicorn, on 14 June 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

Not much experience but I still think he had to understand some of  the gravity of the situation by breaking the oath of silence.

More than anything, he demonstrated that he is in possession of a conscience.  He knows the difference between right and wrong, in this case constitutional and unconstitutional.

With very much courage, he demonstrated that Prism and other programs DO NOT COMPLY with the Fourth Amendment's requirement that when it comes to searching persons, papers and effects, "no Warrant shall issue but upon probable cause."

#28    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,863 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

It's depressing that the boldest defender of the Fourth Amendment has to hide out in Hong Kong.   If he's found and arrested will our beloved Obama Administration violate his Sixth Amendment right too?

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#29    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

View PostYamato, on 16 June 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

It's depressing that the boldest defender of the Fourth Amendment has to hide out in Hong Kong.   If he's found and arrested will our beloved Obama Administration violate his Sixth Amendment right too?

Most likely....

#30    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• 1,639 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 12 June 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

They were s#@%%ing themselves over the anthrax scare--the unexamined, unmentioned, unmentionable lever somebody used.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users