Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

More Revelations from Snowden

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:10 PM

Switzerland Questions U.S. Over CIA Drunk Driving Gambit

The Swiss government has formally asked the U.S. for "clarification" on a claim from alleged NSA leaker Edward Snowden that CIA agents in Geneva pushed a banker to drink and drive as part of a dangerous recruitment ploy.
Snowden, the man who claims to have given top secret documents on the National Security Agency's vast surveillance programs to two major newspapers, briefly discusses the scheme in an interview with the U.K. newspaper The Guardian, saying it was a "formative" moment that led him to question the "rightness" of U.S. intelligence.
In an attempt to learn secret financial information, Snowden alleged that undercover CIA agents would get the banker drunk and "encourage" him to drive home in his car. When the banker was eventually arrested for drunk driving, the CIA operatives offered to help him out of the jam, paving the way for recruitment as a source.
"Much of what I saw in Geneva really disillusioned me about how my government functions and what its impact is in the world," Snowden told The Guardian. "I realized that I was part of something that was doing far more harm than good."
A spokesperson for Switzerland's Federal Department of Foreign Affairs told ABC News the department had "taken note" of Snowden's claims and has sent a "diplomatic note" to the U.S. Embassy in Bern asking "for clarification of the matter."
"In accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, Switzerland expects the members of the diplomatic missions in Bern and the members of the permanent mission in Geneva to comply with the laws and rules of the country of residence," a statement from the foreign ministry read.
At the time of the alleged incident, Snowden said he was working undercover for the CIA in Geneva maintaining computer network security. The CIA has declined to comment on Snowden's case, but the Swiss foreign ministry confirmed that he publicly held the position of "an attaché" with the permanent U.S. mission to the United Nations in Geneva from March 2007 to February 2009. A spokesperson for the U.S. State Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment for this report.

Snowden Showed Evidence Of US Hacking China To Hong Kong Newspaper

NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden has told a Hong Kong newspaper that the U.S. government has been hacking Hong Kong and Chinese networks for at least four years.
The comments were made as part of the South China Morning Post's exclusive interview with Snowden — his first since revealing himself on Sunday.
Snowden reportedly showed reporter Lana Lam documents that showed the NSA had been hacking computers in Hong Kong and on the mainland since 2009. He estimated there were hundreds of targets in Hong Kong and mainland China, including the Chinese University of Hong Kong. None of the documents revealed any information about Chinese military systems, Snowden said.
“We hack network backbones – like huge internet routers, basically – that give us access to the communications of hundreds of thousands of computers without having to hack every single one,” Snowden told Lam.
China's own online espionage efforts were put in the spotlight earlier this year after a report from U.S. security firm Mandiant that accused military-linked groups of hacking major U.S. companies. After that story, China hit back saying Washington was the "real hacking empire."

For latest updates on this see: http://www.guardian....ition1:sublinks

#2    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

Get the word out:

In Just A Few Hours, A Bunch Of People Plan To 'Troll The NSA' Online

In light of all this "NSA reading your emails" buzz, someone has taken up the mantle to fight back.
It's called Operation Troll The NSA. By sending innocuous emails loaded with potentially subversive buzzwords and phrases at 7 PM Eastern tonight, the aim is to trip up and break any technology monitoring your communication.
They provide the following "script" that you could hypothetically copy and email to anyone you like (emphasis theirs).
Hey! How’s it going? I’m all right.

My job is so sh---y I wish I could overthrow my boss. It’s like this oppressive regime where only true believers in his management techniques will stay around. I work marathon-length hours and he’s made all these changes that have made it the worst architecture firm to work at in Manhattan. Like he moved the office to the Financial District and fired my assistant. She was the only one who knew where the blueprints were! I need access to those blueprints to complete my job! F my life, right? And he keeps trying to start all these new initiatives to boost revenue, but seriously we just need to stick to what we do best. There’s only one true profit center. I seriously feel ready to go on strike at any second.

I just read this article about how these free radical particles can cause the downfall of good health and accelerate aging. These could actually cause death to millions of Americans. If these particles are flying around undetected everywhere, does that mean we’re all radicalized?

Have you seen the second season of Breaking Bad? I just finished it. I couldn’t believe that episode where they poison the guy with ricin! That was the bomb! I won’t say any more because I don’t want to reveal the earth-shattering events to come.

Oh! So I’ve been planning a big trip for the summer. I’m thinking of visiting all of the most famous suspension bridges in the United States. So probably like the Golden Gate Bridge, The Brooklyn Bridge, and the Verrazano Narrows Bridge. I’m gonna bring my younger brother and I know he’ll want to go to bars, so I’m thinking of getting him a fake drivers license, but I hope that doesn’t blow up in my face.

Okay, I gotta run! I’m late for flight school. I missed the last class where we learn how to land, so I really can’t miss another one. Talk to you later!

Taken from: http://finance.yahoo...-182700617.html

:D

#3    Gromdor

Gromdor

Poltergeist

• 2,172 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

Telling the world that the US is spying on it's own citizens=patriotic
Telling the world that the US is spying on them=treasonous

I'm not really sure what to make of this guy, honestly.

#4    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,979 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:34 PM

I bet he is charged with treason anyway.

Somehow I'm not surprised the CIA and NSA did that.

#5    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,780 posts

• ראה

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:59 AM

I love the NSA's job site.

Security
  Investigators
If you thrive on discovering clues that uncover hidden truths, a career as an NSA Investigator may be for you.  :whistle:

Posted Image

"Hidden truths," hmmmm ...you mean like a "S"uperstorm, perhaps, coming on the heels of the passing of the real life captain Kirk, who really went where no man had gone before, and who would die within three days of the appearance of a storm with his myth-name-sake?

Only the Author of Life could have conveyed such information, a ... "hidden truth" that isn't for sale.

Neil Alden Armstrong (August 5, 1930 – August 25, 2012)

Hurricane Kirk - August 28, 2012– September 2

Edited by Raptor Witness, 13 June 2013 - 07:06 AM.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#6    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,780 posts

• ראה

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

For those who don't know, the NSA's headquarters are located at Ft. Meade, MD. That's what is depicted on the curious forecast map you see below, accompanied by a video of a man stirring Snow .....den ... with a curious stick.

"Finally, I can see you crystal clear ..." is all about those "hidden truths" and their revelation, so valued by the NSA.

Mar 3rd, 2012 2:23 PM - Raptor Witness

Above and below, horizon to horizon.
Lateral contortion, buried beside them.
Foregone conclusion, finally found.
Washboard contusion, revelry bound.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Raptor Witness, 13 June 2013 - 08:37 AM.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#7    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

Wow!  Repercussions to come, it would seem.

I wish I were better with a computer, because it would be cool to spam the NSA with fraudulent emails. :gun:

#8    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 13 June 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

Wow!  Repercussions to come, it would seem.

I wish I were better with a computer, because it would be cool to spam the NSA with fraudulent emails. :gun:

Wouldn't it? He he... :D

I'd love to mess with them....

#9    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,780 posts

• ראה

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:06 AM

They're a bunch of bright folks, but when you arguably give them the faceless name of their greatest leaker of all time, it kind of makes one wonder ....

Why aren't they paying me 200k?

Perhaps this is why ...

View PostRaptor Witness, on 01 April 2011 - 05:18 AM, said:

Real power is perfected through weakness.  So the poorer a true prophet is ... the stronger he will become.  

#10    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:35 AM

View PostGromdor, on 12 June 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

Telling the world that the US is spying on it's own citizens=patriotic

I'm not really sure what to make of this guy, honestly.

I'm with you and I bet he volunteered by application unlike the bankers mentioned in the above post!

#11    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,707 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

View PostHilander, on 12 June 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

I bet he is charged with treason anyway.

Somehow I'm not surprised the CIA and NSA did that.

As long as he stays in Hong Kong I wonder how they plan to make it stick (and besides Hong Kong I doubt many other countries would extradite him to the US, the cold war is over and most are pretty p***ed about the implications of this scandal on their soil).

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#12    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:18 PM

View PostGromdor, on 12 June 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

i'd say it is obvious.  pretty much anyone with half a brain knows it, usa, and there rest of the countrys are spying on each other every second of every day.
so i can't see how saying what most kno wanyway is treasonous. same goes for spying on usa population, all gvmnts do it, and anyone that is not compleatly dumb knows it.

why are ppl even surpriced by it? there is noting knew or uknown in what he "uncovered".  but regardless of how obvious it is, some will still not believe it, and will scream conspirasy and lies. some of such "bright" examples are on this very board.

Edited by aztek, 14 June 2013 - 01:19 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#13    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

I suspect he was recruited by the Chinese long ago.

#14    Avatar Samantha Ai

WE DO LOVE YOU

• 3,746 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 14 June 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

I suspect he was recruited by the Chinese long ago.

One has to wonder if he was compromised against his will. He left his family behind. Then again it could be the case of a disillusioned and ideological malcontent who didn't care about his family.

"No. My family does not know what is happening … My primary fear is that they will come after my family, my friends, my partner. Anyone I have a relationship with …

I will have to live with that for the rest of my life. I am not going to be able to communicate with them. They [the authorities] will act aggressively against anyone who has known me. That keeps me up at night."

Edward Snowden, NSA files source: 'If they want to get you, in time they will'

If he was blackmailed or something then the above seems quite sad. If he willingly chose this course of action then it appears selfish.

Edited by The world needs you, 14 June 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#15    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

Just who is going to "go after" his family?  That sounds juvenile and melodramatic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users