Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Paranormal Investigation Group

saskatchewan canada

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    Inn Spectre

Inn Spectre

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts

• "To the logician all things should be seen exactly as they are"

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:02 AM

View Postsam_comm, on 18 June 2013 - 01:08 AM, said:

That is if one has no experience whatsoever on a group of paranormal investigation. Otherwise slight adjustements in you approach and/or working methods might the only thing required.

To do what - find more ghosts than you would have otherwise?

#17    sam_comm

sam_comm

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:06 AM

View Postsam_comm, on 18 June 2013 - 01:08 AM, said:

I would disagree, while some may be quicker to learn (as with any activity in life) it usually take some investigations to be efficient on the field and on post-investigations according to the methods of investigations of a group. It also take some time to form a chemistry with the other members.

How you would react to various situations, how you would set up the equipment and how you will review the evidences.

How you will do researches on sites and the history behind them. How you'll find interesting cases and how you'll approach the clients.

Each member would normally have specific tasks and with experiences they will get more efficient at it.

There is more works in a serious paranormal groups than you seems to imply.

Edited by sam_comm, 20 June 2013 - 01:14 AM.

#18    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,025 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:26 AM

View PostInn Spectre, on 16 June 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

To do what exactly?

To say " this place is haunted " in a convincing manner.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#19    Inn Spectre

Inn Spectre

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts

• "To the logician all things should be seen exactly as they are"

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:51 AM

View Postsam_comm, on 20 June 2013 - 01:06 AM, said:

Yet always culminating with a ghost-count of zero.

#20    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,025 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:57 AM

View Postsam_comm, on 20 June 2013 - 01:06 AM, said:

Watch lights blink, needles move, from devices designed for something other then " ghosts ", and not even know how ir why they work the way they do....

Record video and audio with cameras and digital recorders anyone could use...

Spend hours watching and listening to the recordings finding audio and visual pareidolia.

Seriously, what makes anyone so serious?

If you want to convince anyone, have electrician experts, audio experts, photography and video experts, carpenter experts, pest control experts, heating and cooling experts, and maybe, just maybe, some people with PHD's, and Universities studying.

Do that, and you have a " serious group "

Edited by Sakari, 20 June 2013 - 03:58 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#21    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:27 AM

View PostSakari, on 20 June 2013 - 03:57 AM, said:

Watch lights blink, needles move, from devices designed for something other then " ghosts ", and not even know how ir why they work the way they do....

Record video and audio with cameras and digital recorders anyone could use...

Spend hours watching and listening to the recordings finding audio and visual pareidolia.

If you want to convince anyone, have electrician experts, audio experts, photography and video experts, carpenter experts, pest control experts, heating and cooling experts, and maybe, just maybe, some people with PHD's, and Universities studying.

Yes but that not fun, they want poor photo quality, some one muttering in during a sound recording, a bit of dust reflecting in the photo, they want to run around and go "creepy" or "spooky".

They want fun,

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#22    sam_comm

sam_comm

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

View PostSakari, on 20 June 2013 - 03:57 AM, said:

By serious groups I mean people willing to invest a considerable amount of time and money to buy high tech equipments and to investigate as best they can various locations. And if they're able to, helping people elucidate their claims and to find solutions.

I wasn't refering to a group of teenagers running wild in cemeteries at night that's not what I consider to be serious.

You know, it is not uncommon for paranormal groups to have an ''expert'' such as a professional photographer or a computer techincian for exemple but what you refered to a ''team of Experts'' investigating the paranormal would be very interesting but very hard to gather in normal circumstances. It could be realistic in a financed research led by Scientists but I've not seen that as far as I am concerned.

In the meantime, it is passionate people from all professions and background who investigate for all kind of reasons: For fun, to seek answers, to prove or to help people. They do what they can with the ressources they have and some more efficently and professionally than others.

View PostInn Spectre, on 20 June 2013 - 03:57 AM, said:

Yet always culminating with a ghost-count of zero.

That's your opinion but as far as I am concerned I've seen interesting evidences and heard various accounts or credible witnesses and I am inclined to think that legetimate phenomenon do occur. We do not comprehend it but personally, I found difficult to deny all that has been documented for years and years.

Edited by sam_comm, 21 June 2013 - 07:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users