Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

what is perfection

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:13 AM

View PostPhilangeli, on 15 June 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

In the context of mainstream Catholic (and many other Christian) teachings, Mary was chosen by God to be the Mother of Christ because she was humble and pure, and thus it is reasonable to assume that she was without sin. And, it is quite possible that her cousin, Elisabeth (the mother of John the Baptist), was as well.

The point I was trying to make in reply to your OP, is that we are all called to perfection, but the vast majority of us are not going to make it in this life - no matter what belief system we subscribe to.

View PostPhilangeli, on 15 June 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

In the context of mainstream Catholic (and many other Christian) teachings, Mary was chosen by God to be the Mother of Christ because she was humble and pure, and thus it is reasonable to assume that she was without sin. And, it is quite possible that her cousin, Elisabeth (the mother of John the Baptist), was as well.

The point I was trying to make in reply to your OP, is that we are all called to perfection, but the vast majority of us are not going to make it in this life - no matter what belief system we subscribe to.
I can agree with your point.  But' that was christ was crucified, to pay for our sins.  Which he took up on himself in the grove of olives.  Then there is his promise of immortalaty, which he gave us hope for by rising from the dead.  

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#17    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 8,281 posts

• I'd rather laugh than argue.

Choose your weapon.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:29 AM

What is perfection, in a spiritual or religious sense?

For me, that means that when you die, you have the moral ability to have no regrets.

Golden rule. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users