Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UK folks, alien abduction on TV tonight....

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,565 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 13 June 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

I don't know if I'm relieved or depressed to know that the US doesn't hold a monopoly on such people.

it'll maybe be available on the tube after a short while... or similar places, but its not really worth hunting down unless you need some entertainment and cringe factor

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#17    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,483 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

View Postseeder, on 13 June 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

it'll maybe be available on the tube after a short while... or similar places, but its not really worth hunting down unless you need some entertainment and cringe factor

I might check it out if it makes its way onto the internet. Honestly though I can only take so much of that kind of stuff until I have to turn it off. Kind of like the AA show.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#18    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

I would not necessarily dismiss all people from saying they hadn't had some kind of an experience, whether it be alien abduction or something else. Remember the older story of Betty and Barney Hill from back in the 1960's? I believe they went through something. It all started with a ufo sighting, and I also tend to believe you cannot dismiss Whitely Streibers experiences or encounters, or expalin all away everything he has gone through over a period of decades.

#19    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,326 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

the DNA showed she wasn't an alien.... shocker !!!! :D

the programme was entertaining

cheers seeder

:tu:

#20    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,565 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

well, after that I remain as unconvinced as ever....in fact Im a little concerned about their mental health issues.

only a bit tho :yes:

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#21    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,404 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

Dang ! I didn't even get to See Scully ! Was She on the Show ? :whistle:

This is a Work in Progress!

#22    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,565 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

for those who couldn't watch it, heres a very similar US vid, but this ones more entertaining than poor deluded people in the UK with alcohol problems

*snip*

Edited by Saru, 14 June 2013 - 09:00 AM.
Removed due to copyright

#23    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,326 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

View Postseeder, on 13 June 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

well, after that I remain as unconvinced as ever....in fact Im a little concerned about their mental health issues.

only a bit tho :yes:

:( .... like the man who had no father and had an alcoholic mother....

the one with the Alien mother who cared for him emotionally...

:unsure:

#24    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,090 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

Having just watched it, I did pick up on a certain theme running through these characters lives.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#25    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,326 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

and chantelle was an absolutely fabulous nutcase....

but very fragile

#26    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,090 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

Actually, as I thought, I found the program very amusing up until we found out the real story behind the lady living in the flat, then I felt genuinely sorry for her. That could tip anybody over the edge.

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 13 June 2013 - 09:32 PM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#27    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,565 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

View Postbee, on 13 June 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

and chantelle was an absolutely fabulous nutcase....

but very fragile

I LOL when she received her antii-alien abduction crystal, with a battery attached - and the first thing she says was it looks like a sex toy... but not big enough  :w00t:

#28    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,326 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

:o :)

it was presented like a modern day freak show really.... with pathos

#29    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:52 AM

View Postseeder, on 13 June 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

I LOL when she received her antii-alien abduction crystal, with a battery attached - and the first thing she says was it looks like a sex toy... but not big enough  :w00t:
I dozed off around that point, most confused when I woke to the discussions on the subsequent programme...

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#30    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:06 AM

View Postseeder, on 13 June 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

sshhh, I didnt really manage to turn it off as they are now on about implants!!!  Now some expert says to a woman..."get your clothes off I need to shine a blue light on you to see if you have implants"....(oh nice pair of tits by the way but I was looking for the 'alien'  implants)!  :w00t:

Im buying a blue torch now if women get undressed that easily, I may even advertise my implant scanning services!!  :devil:

Holy crap, what show is this again?

Those braille T Shirts might compliment this well. Blue lights and Braille T Shirts, might be a good stand at the next Roswell celebration.

And I thought the ETH just took and never gave anything back. Hush my mouth.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users