Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Theory Of Evolution Explained

The Lone Ranger

Here is a summary of the theory of evolution:

I can't tell if you're just trying to be funny or if you agree with the video.

Edited by Odin11

I can't tell if you're just trying to be funny or if you agree with the video.

Judging from their post history, I'd say the latter, they seem to think mathematics is proof of Intelligent design.

Judging from their post history, I'd say the latter, they seem to think mathematics is proof of Intelligent design.

Yeah I realized that it was the latter after I looked at some of his past content. You would think he has a hard time understanding why South Park is funny, as he doesn’t seem to understand that they are making fun of people who are anti-evolution, i.e. Mrs. Garrison throwing poop at Dawkins = how intelligent design people debate.

Haha i just thought it was funny. It does give a brief summary though....

Why are you refering to me as multiple persons (their and they)?

@Odin11

C`mon you really shouldn`t judge people like that and why do you think you know how i understand things.

Like the fact that according to you i don`t understand South Park and apparently i am not developed enough to see the difference between satire and seriousness.

If one judges that which he does not know, he only limits himself.

Edited by The Lone Ranger

If you want your ancestors, swinging from trees, that's your business.....

A GOOD BBC documentary I just saw:

Warning! Shows graphic images. Viewer discretion is advised!

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eX5T68TQIo[/media]

This is a VERY good documentary, explaining the links between Darwinism and Eugenics. I really think more people should see this.

I've been doing a lot of research and reading into Darwinism, Eugenics, and Malthus. Might want to check this stuff out....

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 1

Another good one:

This documentary presents an aspect of the theory of evolution that has so far remained hidden. It unveils the ideological links between Darwinism and totalitarian ideologies like fascism and communism. You will see the fruits of Darwinism in the killing fields of Hitler, Stalin and Mao.

If you want your ancestors, swinging from trees, that's your business.....

I prefer that to it being my posterity.

That wrong conclusions can be drawn from true premises does not make the true premises untrue. This is basic logic.

Another good one:

[media=]

[/media]

This documentary presents an aspect of the theory of evolution that has so far remained hidden. It unveils the ideological links between Darwinism and totalitarian ideologies like fascism and communism. You will see the fruits of Darwinism in the killing fields of Hitler, Stalin and Mao.

So what? You can't pick and choose which bits of science you want to be real. The fact that people use eugenics doesn't make evolution any less true. Its like saying "people use guns to kill, so I don't believe in metallurgy".

• Like 1

Why are you refering to me as multiple persons (their and they)?

I'm not.

Obviously you're new to the english language if this is the first time you've seen their and they used as singular.

http://grammar.about.com/od/rs/g/Singular-They.htm

• Like 4

I bet they also believed in mathematics and gravity too. Those b*******!

/facepalm

Edit: BTW Social Darwinism isn't Evolution. Blaming Darwin or Darwinism for something they didn't promote is inane.

http://scienceblogs.com/primatediaries/2009/07/14/darwins-connection-to-nazi-eug/

Edited by Rlyeh

@Kowalski, it looks interesting i`ll look at it sometime.

I'm not.

Obviously you're new to the english language if this is the first time you've seen their and they used as singular.

http://grammar.about...ngular-They.htm

Despite the fact that i don`t really like to go into this i`ll do just do it anyway

you may notice the following in your link:

Though strict prescriptive grammarians regard the singular they as a grammatical error,

and

The "singular" they is the use of this pronoun as a gender-neutral singular rather than as a plural pronoun. The correctness of this usage is disputed.[1][2] The Oxford Dictionaries have an article on the usage, saying that it dates back to the 16th century.[3]

The singular pronoun they is even found in formal or official texts. For example, a 2008 amendment to the Canadian Criminal Code contains the following text:

if a peace officer has reasonable grounds to believe that, because of
their
physical condition, a person may be incapable of providing a breath sample...
(subparagraph 254(3)(a)(ii))

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They

2 things are noticed: 1 my gender is known (see profile info) and second you are refering to me and not to a general usage as in When a person talks too much, they learn little."

The fact that this is an international website gives away 2 things: first my understanding of english is not as good as a native (therefore lacking full knowledge of terms and usage) and second is the fact that the correctness of this usage is disputed and even seen as an grammatical error. Therefore we can say it is more than logic that my school (not based in an english speaking country) would not teach this usage.

The only thing that is obvious is that we judge different considering you think that everyone has a perfect understanding of english and therefore cannot make mistakes or that simply because i did not heard of it before i`m new to the language. Either way i posted this earlier and i shall post it again: If one judges that which he does not know, he only limits himself.

I`m not here to start an negative discussion with you i`m only here to learn. There is no need to be negative towards each other.

• Like 2

Once again, what is the point of these two videos? Do you agree with them? Or do you think they’re funny? (these videos are often made fun of because of the sheer stupidity in them)

It’s annoying when people post videos with no explanation as to why they’re posting it. Some people can’t view them, and others, like me, have no idea what you want to discuss.

Haha i just thought it was funny. It does give a brief summary though....

It does give a very, very brief summery only about 10 seconds from 2:26 to 2:36. Everything that Mrs. Garrison says is nowhere near what evolution really is.

@Odin11

C`mon you really shouldn`t judge people like that and why do you think you know how i understand things.

Like the fact that according to you i don`t understand South Park and apparently i am not developed enough to see the difference between satire and seriousness.

If one judges that which he does not know, he only limits himself.

Like I said above if you had explained why who posted the video I would not have had to guess from your past content why you were posting it.

Edited by Odin11
  • Like 1

I thought that the videos were funny, in some way it does explain the theories, however it takes further study to understand it.

i just wanted to post some funny videos on the subject, believers and non believer seem to get so fanatic (incl. on this website)

So a bit of relief seemed like a good idea, i didn`t thought it would attract so much negativity... guess i learned my lesson.

@shrooma, i`m from the Netherlands, why?

• Like 2

This is an old an irrelevant argument. Men used knowledge of nuclear theory to vaporise thousand of Japanese. Just because science can be used to do great wrongs, does not make the science incorrect. Eugenics is a gross misuse of evolutionary theory. Nature may demand 'survival of the fittest', but do you really believe that we should base our morals on what happens in nature? Those who promoted eugenics did. They believed they would make the human race stronger by eliminating the weaker. You won't find too many evolutionary biologists advocating for the principles of their science to be the driver of human social policy. Unless you know different. The only people I see promoting this way of thinking is strawmen-building creationists. It's inherently dishonest.

• Like 1

This is an old an irrelevant argument. Men used knowledge of nuclear theory to vaporise thousand of Japanese. Just because science can be used to do great wrongs, does not make the science incorrect. Eugenics is a gross misuse of evolutionary theory. Nature may demand 'survival of the fittest', but do you really believe that we should base our morals on what happens in nature? Those who promoted eugenics did. They believed they would make the human race stronger by eliminating the weaker. You won't find too many evolutionary biologists advocating for the principles of their science to be the driver of human social policy. Unless you know different. The only people I see promoting this way of thinking is strawmen-building creationists. It's inherently dishonest.

Well eugenics still seems to be going one, if you look at it from a third person perspective its quite clear to see.

Well eugenics still seems to be going one, if you look at it from a third person perspective its quite clear to see.

Care to elaborate, and maybe clarify the second part of your statement?

Yes sure, if you look at how humanity is split up. The poor people are left to care for themselfs and die.

Like in the video posted earlier (in this topic) about eugenics it is shown that the rich are being taken care of and the poor are left to die.

I mean a lot of the food eaten in the western world is coming from the countries where a lot of people are starving. The people from the countries are starving while the food in their countries goes to the "higher evolved" class.

What i am trying to say with the second part is: if you would look at it as an outsider you see lots of resources from the world are being distributed to a relatively small part of the world. And if you take a look at the conspiracy theories eugenics is even more obvious in the works.

Despite the fact that this may be a manner by the rich and wealthy, its foundation seems to come from in evolution.

if we devided in 2 ways:

religion = we are all created and should help each other (lets leave the whole only if you believe the same out of the question)

evolution = we evolved and the fittest will survive even if its price will be other societies.

Religions big basis is we should all worship the almighty (even if you have to force them according to some religions)

Evolution is the highest in the order of society shall remain at the top even if goes at the price of all the lower classes.

I`m not saying every evolutionist is out to exploid other cultures im just saying it does promote it heavily and a lot of evil rulers have exploided it and used it as an excuss and gained a lot of aproval from their citizens.

• Like 2

Yes sure, if you look at how humanity is split up. The poor people are left to care for themselfs and die.

Like in the video posted earlier (in this topic) about eugenics it is shown that the rich are being taken care of and the poor are left to die.

I mean a lot of the food eaten in the western world is coming from the countries where a lot of people are starving. The people from the countries are starving while the food in their countries goes to the "higher evolved" class.

What i am trying to say with the second part is: if you would look at it as an outsider you see lots of resources from the world are being distributed to a relatively small part of the world. And if you take a look at the conspiracy theories eugenics is even more obvious in the works.

Despite the fact that this may be a manner by the rich and wealthy, its foundation seems to come from in evolution.

if we devided in 2 ways:

religion = we are all created and should help each other (lets leave the whole only if you believe the same out of the question)

evolution = we evolved and the fittest will survive even if its price will be other societies.

Religions big basis is we should all worship the almighty (even if you have to force them according to some religions)

Evolution is the highest in the order of society shall remain at the top even if goes at the price of all the lower classes.

I`m not saying every evolutionist is out to exploid other cultures im just saying it does promote it heavily and a lot of evil rulers have exploided it and used it as an excuss and gained a lot of aproval from their citizens.

Good Post, and glad you watched those documentaries. :tu:

I think it's pretty straightforward. Creationists believe we all descended from the same common ancestors, while evolutionists think people evolve (only the races deemed "fit" to do so) and only the "fittest" survive even at the horrendous cost of annihilating native peoples....I think for the most part, people don't realize by supporting Darwin and his theories, they are supporting these type of theories outlined above and in these documentaries that I posted above. I didn't know anything about any of this, until I watched these, and did some research...If you read Darwin's Descent of Man, it is so anti-Irish, and so racist, it really boggles your mind....

• Like 1

if we devided in 2 ways:

Thanks for clarifying that. All good points and a lot of truth in there.

However, I don't think evolutionary theory can be used as the motivation behind these inequalities. One of the consequences of evolution is that the weaker members of a society will be disadvantaged and less likely to pass on their genes. But if what you say were true there would be no welfare, free healthcare or access to education (It's easy to criticise how these are delivered, but the principles are there). The inequalities we see in our modern societies are about greed. If you believe that this is inspired by evolution then you don't really understand evolution. It's the same mistake the CEO of Enron made. He read Dawkins' "The Selfish Gene" and took this to mean that greed and exploitation of those he perceived as weaker was a virtuous pursuit. You can't do much if people don't have the will or capacity to understand properly.

• Like 1

Good Post, and glad you watched those documentaries. :tu:

I think it's pretty straightforward. Creationists believe we all descended from the same common ancestors, while evolutionists think people evolve (only the races deemed "fit" to do so) and only the "fittest" survive even at the horrendous cost of annihilating native peoples....I think for the most part, people don't realize by supporting Darwin and his theories, they are supporting these type of theories outlined above and in these documentaries that I posted above. I didn't know anything about any of this, until I watched these, and did some research...If you read Darwin's Descent of Man, it is so anti-Irish, and so racist, it really boggles your mind....

You need to read up a bit about evolution. You'll find your mistaken in a lot of your beliefs.

First, Darwin published his theory in 1859. People had been annihilating natives long before this. What excuse did they use before that? He wrote a book called "The Origin of Species". Different human races are still the same species. And to criticise how he speaks of different races in "The Descent of Man" is a poor tactic. He used archaic language that would be offensive today (ie using the term 'savages' to describe non-European people). This was appropriate to the time and was commonplace amongst people of all scientific or religious persuasions. It's a favourite tactic of creationists to quote him out of context. It's probably worth noting that Darwin was a fierce critic of the practice of slavery, whilst many Christian used their Bibles to justify it.

The reality is that feeble minds can (and did) use evolutionary theory to justify racism and genocide.

The reality is that feeble minds can (and did) use the Bible to justify racism and genocide.

And this:

.I think for the most part, people don't realize by supporting Darwin and his theories, they are supporting these type of theories

Can you find me examples of people espousing these theories and using evolution as their foundation (note present tense).