Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Cancelled shows..............

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 5,120 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:09 PM

Family Tools - I thought this had potential.   After only 2-3 episodes it has been dropped

Fringe - It was better when it forst started and didn't have the ongoing love interest or plot thing.

Burn Notice - Big bummer!   Hot chicks, explosions and humor.   Love the show.   Bruce Cambell is great.

How to live with your parents - Brad Garrett should always be in a sitcom.   The guy is great.

#2    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 9,128 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"
    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:33 AM

View PostMyles, on 13 June 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

~snip

How to live with your parents - Brad Garrett should always be in a sitcom.   The guy is great.

:nw:

truly understated and under rated ... a giant too ... :lol:

~

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#3    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 27,303 posts

• Paranoid Android... Gorram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Make it so!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:50 AM

I know it's years old now, but I'm still really really annoyed that they cancelled Firefly after only 13 episodes and a movie.  That was one of the greatest shows of all time.

More recently, they've cancelled Eureka.  That was a bummer because that also was one of my favourites.

To the OP, I think Fringe had slowly run its course.  It was one of my favourite shows, but after a while it just began to feel like the X-Files - very little forward momentum in story, throwing up more questions than answers, that kind of thing.

The Adventures of Merlin was also cancelled after 5 seasons just last year, but I think they did the right thing with that one and ended the series properly, with an actual end rather than a Cliffhanger.

Edited by Paranoid Android, 14 June 2013 - 06:51 AM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#4    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 5,120 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostParanoid Android, on 14 June 2013 - 06:50 AM, said:

To the OP, I think Fringe had slowly run its course.  It was one of my favourite shows, but after a while it just began to feel like the X-Files - very little forward momentum in story, throwing up more questions than answers, that kind of thing.

Totally agree.    The show was very cool when each episode was its own and it was about a different supernatural subject each episode.

#5    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 9,128 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

Fringe = hot intelligent babes .... always a plus in my books ...

~

~

~

#6    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,823 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

I can't believe they cancelled 'Rules of Engagement'.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#7    Sixth

Sixth

Poltergeist

• 2,311 posts

• Scientists get funky about having their research poached

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:08 PM

Go On was way better than Community this past season and I can't believe it was cancelled. The writing was so tight and the acting was great. Next year there is pretty much nothing I will be watching. TV can go to Hell.

do your palms ever itch?

#8    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 9,128 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:21 PM

I am still fuming over
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

tv dot com link

I have heard from someone claiming to be in the TV 'industry' that network studios don't want a super size hit that over shadows the rest of the stable ...
WHat they want is a studio output of 'balanced' series across the board ... makes lives better and easier for the suits

I can see why .... and I guess we can see the results ....\

~

~

~

#9    Sixth

Sixth

Poltergeist

• 2,311 posts

• Scientists get funky about having their research poached

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:04 AM

Studio 60 was great. I love how Mark McKinney ('s character) came back and basically saved the show. Just like he really did for SNL (sorta).

do your palms ever itch?

#10    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,810 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:52 AM

View PostParanoid Android, on 14 June 2013 - 06:50 AM, said:

I know it's years old now, but I'm still really really annoyed that they cancelled Firefly after only 13 episodes and a movie.  That was one of the greatest shows of all time.

More recently, they've cancelled Eureka.  That was a bummer because that also was one of my favourites.

The Adventures of Merlin was also cancelled after 5 seasons just last year, but I think they did the right thing with that one and ended the series properly, with an actual end rather than a Cliffhanger.

As I understood it. Firefly gained a lot of following after the show went under.

As for Merlin. I was a great TV show and actually gained viewers over the course of the series, unlike many other tv shows. They stuck to their schedule of only 5 seasons. Which is better than some tv shows turning it into a cash cow then having quality drop until it lingers on and dies.

#11    conspiracy buff

conspiracy buff

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostMyles, on 13 June 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

Burn Notice - Big bummer!   Hot chicks, explosions and humor.   Love the show.   Bruce Cambell is great.

Yeah, it sucks that Burn Notice is ending after this season.  I love the setup of narration with Jeffrey Donovan and him explaining the spy stuff and technical aspects.  The show is funny and great as far as quality goes.  Ever notice that the best shows have fewer episodes per season and end shortly?  Meanwhile the crappy shows get a minimum of 10 seasons, go figure.

There is a grain of truth in every conspiracy known to man, you just have to be intelligent enough to find it.

#12    rimbaudelaire

rimbaudelaire

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:52 PM

Law & Order, SouthLAnd and Boss.

#13    Squidfish

Squidfish

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

Dark Skies. A challenger to the X-Files with it's alternate history, aliens and conspiracies. And they had a continuing story to it (that is, every episode is important to watch if you want to understand the plot).

Millennium is another one which "kind of" ended on a cliffhanger. Stargate Universe perhaps, but the whole Stargate thing had been repeated so many times that they really didn't bring anything new, and really, how much Stargate was Stargate Universe really? Remove the gates and you've got an entirely new series...

#14    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,335 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

I was going to say The Trailer Park Boys but then a quick search just provided me with this AWESOME information. I hope it's true.

A third film is in the process of being shot as of March 2, 2013 and is intended to end on April 21, 2013. It is expected for a 2013-2014 release date.[citation needed] A possible eighth season of the show is scheduled to be announced in June 2013.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#15    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,749 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:15 AM

Loved Firefly and Eureka and The Gates!  Why do they cancel great shows to promote "reality tv"?  I already deal with reality.  The whole reason I watch tv is to escape from it!

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users