Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 2 votes

US will supply weapons to "rebels"


  • Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#31    bee

bee

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 11,736 posts
  • Joined:24 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 14 June 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

Governments do what they think is necessary and invent whatever excuses come to hand.


you're not wrong





#32    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 17,137 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

I feel thoroughly nit-picked.  The US is both too big and too important.  The point isn't significant enough to try to explain.


#33    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

    hi

  • Member
  • 9,304 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 14 June 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

I don't think Assad is in control.
thats what I have said, Its Iran


#34    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

    hi

  • Member
  • 9,304 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

View Postbee, on 14 June 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

I remember Blair selling the WMD line to parliament before the Iraq war. It was obvious to me he was lying...but he got it through.


http://www.independe...ry-8656649.html



I wonder how Cameron will do  persuading parliament... <_<








.
Though the Syrian did amit having chemical weapons


#35    bee

bee

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 11,736 posts
  • Joined:24 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:06 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 14 June 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

Though the Syrian did amit having chemical weapons

it will all depend on how parliament receives 'intelligence' reports on the use of chemical weapons.

after the WMD fiasco in Iraq.

spending millions of pounds of tax payers money funding 'rebels' who include Islamic terrorists and Al Qaeda will also be of concern (hopefully)

.


#36    DeWitz

DeWitz

    DeWitz

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts
  • Joined:11 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Niagara Frontier

  • "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

View Postbee, on 14 June 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

It makes me sick to my stomach as well.

The propaganda is coming in thick and fast in Britain about the developments...



They are also talking about the US inching towards declaring a no-fly zone over Syria..

Though how they could do that without Russian and Chinese approval through the UN, I don't know.


FFS....now we are going to openly arm Islamic terrorists in Syria...


Have our political leaders gone insane?




.

INSANITY (noun): "The process of doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."

A joke about something that is not a joking matter: A Peacemaker, a Warmonger and a Conniving, Duplicitous Prevaricator walk into a London bar. The barkeep says, "What'll it be, Mister Blair?"

And: Q-What's the only state in the lower 48 bigger than Texas?   A- The state of the hole in George Bush's soul.

Finally: Q- What is Obama thinking?   A-  What  Is Obama thinking?

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#37    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Joined:31 May 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Frozen Tundra of the USA

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

Seems to me this is just one more log on the fire that is the US Foreign Policy.
I am so sick of the double speak that my stomach hurts.
We have to cut the military budget.....
We have to stop paying for Bush's wars......
BLAH BLAH BLAH FREAKING BLAH!

How can you cut the military budget when you rely on those people to go fight Wars that should have ended years ago yet you keep starting new ones?
Why did the US intervene in the overthrow of  Qaddafi?   He was a nutcase but he didnt hurt the US.
This is not any of our business!
Obama is aiding in the overthrow of governments and those governments are going to ultimately be replaced by the Muslim Brotherhood which is going to strengthen the region into the United States of Islam.
The world is going to be a very interesting place when THAT superpower rises and with full nuclear forces thanks to Iran.
Stability in the region is out the window and its because of the current US Government officials.
At least Bush had the decency to wait until we were attacked to go after other countries leaders.


#38    bee

bee

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 11,736 posts
  • Joined:24 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:England

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

View PostCapt Amerika, on 14 June 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

Obama is aiding in the overthrow of governments and those governments are going to ultimately be replaced by the Muslim Brotherhood which is going to strengthen the region into the United States of Islam.
The world is going to be a very interesting place when THAT superpower rises and with full nuclear forces thanks to Iran.

USI  v USA....?


and when (if) the Islamists kick off and become active militant 'rebel' groups in Europeon countries....somewhere down the line

the USI will give them the kind of 'aid' that we are giving the Islamist rebels now in Syria.

in other words....we will be screwed.


can't our political leaders see this. What's wrong with them.



.


#39    stevewinn

stevewinn

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 9,954 posts
  • Joined:05 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Liverpool, England

  • Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

i cannot believe the UK is thinking of sending more assistance to the rebels. including arming them. just think, we've learned nothing. we armed the rebels in Libya to remove Gaddafi. look what happened - those weapons are now in the hands of rebels who are spread right across north Africa. so much so the rebels tried to take control of Mali whose government had to ask the French for assistance. and now we have the situation were the French are fighting and getting killed by rebels in Mali armed to the teeth with western weapons given by France Italy and Germany originally to the "freedom fighters" in Libya. we arm the Syrian rebels at our peril and if we do - no doubt within time we'll be fighting these rebels and intervening yet again in the middle east and being killed by our own weapons. let the Arab countries deal with their regional problem.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#40    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

    Savant

  • Member
  • 2,780 posts
  • Joined:17 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So beautiful

  • ראה

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

View PostTutankhaten-pasheri, on 14 June 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

And btw, I don't think there is a crystal ball in Kremlin, but I am certain there are "balls"...........
The only thing they have between their legs are their heads ...

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#41    DeWitz

DeWitz

    DeWitz

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts
  • Joined:11 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Niagara Frontier

  • "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostCapt Amerika, on 14 June 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

Seems to me this is just one more log on the fire that is the US Foreign Policy.
I am so sick of the double speak that my stomach hurts.
We have to cut the military budget.....
We have to stop paying for Bush's wars......
BLAH BLAH BLAH FREAKING BLAH!

How can you cut the military budget when you rely on those people to go fight Wars that should have ended years ago yet you keep starting new ones?
Why did the US intervene in the overthrow of  Qaddafi?   He was a nutcase but he didnt hurt the US.
This is not any of our business!
Obama is aiding in the overthrow of governments and those governments are going to ultimately be replaced by the Muslim Brotherhood which is going to strengthen the region into the United States of Islam.
The world is going to be a very interesting place when THAT superpower rises and with full nuclear forces thanks to Iran.
Stability in the region is out the window and its because of the current US Government officials.
At least Bush had the decency to wait until we were attacked to go after other countries leaders.

All valid points except the last one--Iraq never attacked the US. In fact, the US armed Saddam during his 80's war with Iran--pertinent history to this idea of arming Syrian rebels.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#42    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

    Buratinologist

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
  • Joined:22 Sep 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:страна дураков

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 14 June 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

The only thing they have between their legs are their heads ...
And I think American "leaders" have their heads a bit further back and in a dark place.....


#43    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 17,783 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:45 PM

View PostTutankhaten-pasheri, on 14 June 2013 - 06:42 PM, said:

And I think American "leaders" have their heads a bit further back and in a dark place.....
On THAT particular point we can agree.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#44    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

    hi

  • Member
  • 9,304 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

There are 1,500 different rebel groups according to the BBC.
wow bet most of them are 2 membeer groups


#45    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

    A complete moral vacuum

  • Member
  • 30,157 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Garmisch-Partenkirchen

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 14 June 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

There are 1,500 different rebel groups according to the BBC.
wow bet most of them are 2 membeer groups
But don't worry, the US and Uk will drop all of them a questionnaire asking "Do you have anything to do with Al Qaeda: Yes/No", and only those who tick "No" will get any weapons.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users