Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Regular abductees/experiencers have NO EXCUSE

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:00 PM

They don't always show up  just when people are asleep. For example, the Betty and Barney Hill case in New Hampshire, when they both were abducted after coming in contact with a ufo. One of many examples of the same type.

Edited by Spacenut56, 15 June 2013 - 11:01 PM.

#32    HDesiato

HDesiato

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:13 AM

View PostSpacenut56, on 15 June 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:

They don't always show up  just when people are asleep. For example, the Betty and Barney Hill case in New Hampshire, when they both were abducted after coming in contact with a ufo. One of many examples of the same type.

They made a movie about it when I was a kid, so naturally I soaked it in, believing for a long time.
Besides, hypnosis is evidence, well, unless it's not.

" Although the popular version of events is that Barney Hill's hypnosis description is the first appearance of a so-called gray alien in modern culture, that first appearance actually came twelve days earlier, on national television, in an episode of The Outer Limits called The Bellero Shield."

"A woman who clearly had an obsession with UFOs saw a light in the sky that her husband described as an airplane. She then spent two years writing an elaborate story and no doubt telling and retelling it to her husband. Later, under hypnosis, Barney was asked about the events described in Betty's story, and surprise surprise, he retold the story she'd already told him a hundred times, with an added dash from The Outer Limits episode of twelve days before. So far, we have a tale that's hard to consider reliable."

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4124

Brief scene from "The Bollero Shield":

Edited by HDesiato, 16 June 2013 - 01:20 AM.

#33    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:25 AM

View Postcmontes1, on 16 June 2013 - 02:39 AM, said:

It doesn't work that way.Posted Image
Posted Image  
Posted Image  
Posted Image  
Posted Image
WHY did you make this same post on 5 different topics? Please don't do it...

Edit: And in  response to OP:

It's the same with paranormal stuff. Globally popularized and millions of claims but no proof.

If these things were really happening then there would be proof by now.

Other unexplained things get explained because they are real. :w00t:

Edited by Timonthy, 16 June 2013 - 03:28 AM.

Posted Image

#34    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• 1,506 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostSpacenut56, on 15 June 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:

The vast majority do as you know.Barney and Betty Hills hypnotherapist never believed they had been abducted by aliens either

#35    Spacenut56

Spacenut56

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

My understanding of the results of the hypnosis was inconclusive, that he thought they had been through something though, yes?

#36    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

View Posteley, on 14 June 2013 - 04:51 AM, said:

UGH i`ll say this as i have to

This is about people who claim to be abducted or experience et contact on a regular basis

the one thing that p***es me off is that out of all these thousands of abduction cases not ONE has the breaking evidence - a photo, even a cctv photo of the beings!

now i understand if you are being abducted it isnt the easiest thing in the world to say `hey you mind pausing while i  take a photo`.. i understand and i`m not going to insult your intelligence by saying it didnt happen if no pic`!

HOWEVER.. many of the people claiming to be abducted say it happens regularly.. so its THOSE PEOPLE who really should be setting up some kind of camera system if they want to be taken seriously.. and if they answer `the aliens turn off all nearby electrical equipment` not a problem.. get a neighbour or somebody to set up something from across the street aimed at your house, and if we see a weird object hovering and then all goes blank, then we will believe you

the point is, not a single one out of these thousands of abductees can do it, and now.. especially with the ones who claim it happens regularly...  and with cameras being so cheap (anyone with a acess to the internet can make a cctv system out of a webcamera), now there just isnt an excuse anymore

The fact that they cannot produce a shred of evidence for such claims should tell you everything you need to know. (clue :- mental illness takes many forms)

From the skeptics dictionary :-

Another contributor to the mythology of alien abductions is Robert Bigelow, a wealthy Las Vegas businessman who likes to use his money to support paranormal research (see entry on Charles Tart) and who partially financed a Roper survey on alien abductions. The survey did not directly ask its 5,947 respondents if they had been abducted by aliens. Instead it asked them if they had undergone any of the following experiences:-

--Waking up paralyzed with a sense of a strange person or presence or something else in the room.

--Experiencing a period of time of an hour or more, in which you were apparently lost, but you could not remember why, or where you had been.

--Seeing unusual lights or balls of light in a room without knowing what was causing them, or where they came from.

--Finding puzzling scars on your body and neither you nor anyone else remembering how you received them or where you got them.

--Feeling that you were actually flying through the air although you didn't know why or how.

Saying yes to 4 of the 5 "symptoms" was taken as evidence of alien abduction. A 62-page report, with an introduction by John Mack, was mailed to some 100,000 psychiatrists, psychologist and other mental health professionals. The implication was that some 4 million Americans or some 100 million Earthlings have been abducted by aliens. As Carl Sagan wryly commented: "It’s surprising more of the neighbors haven’t noticed." The timing of the mailing was impeccable: shortly before the CBS-TV miniseries based on Strieber’s Intruders.

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 16 June 2013 - 03:38 PM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#37    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,699 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

I believe something was really happening to this guy - it's a long thread but very interesting:

He used to answer any and all questions and claimed to be abducted regularily for years and he does address the difficulty in trying to obtain evidence....

http://www.unexplain...pic=177786&st=0

or if you don't want to read the whole thread, i summarised a LOT (some 261 questions we asked him) of just the Q & A here: http://marcjager.com/gilfaer.html

p.s. itsnotoutthere - No evidence could just aswell be due to the fact that the abductors are thousands of years ahead of us in technology... try thinkin of it in terms of an insect trying to gather evidence of you putting it in a jar for a while and then releasing it.....

Edited by Paxus, 27 June 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#38    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,386 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

Why don't the abduct somebody important and get some real information?

#39    dr no

dr no

Psychic Spy

• 1,506 posts

• Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
    Carl Sagan

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

Why have they been abducting people for the purpose of doing the same thing over and over again?.Some of these procedures have been going on 40 years.

#40    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,699 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

View Postdr no, on 27 June 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

Why have they been abducting people for the purpose of doing the same thing over and over again?.Some of these procedures have been going on 40 years.
What makes you think they would be doing the same thing over and over....
seems pretty obvious they wouldn't be,...
What has David Attenburough been doing all these years?... the same thing over and over????
:blush:

#41    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,355 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 27 June 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

Why don't the abduct somebody important and get some real information?

That's the problem. And abduction phenomenon virtually never happens outside of CONUS area.

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#42    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

Abductees would probably need a mechanical camera of sorts, any kind UFO based localized EMP would probably knock out something electronic. If they have tech to travel here, they probably have tech to detect surveillance systems setup by the average joe.

That makes me wonder, what the heck kind of EMP gun did Batman have to make a dirtbike stall out in The Dark Knight Rises, or is that a plot hole? :D

Edited by WoIverine, 27 June 2013 - 05:14 PM.

#43    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,230 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

View Postdr no, on 27 June 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

But they havent, its just the usual story told by those who are not creative enough to come up with a good one of their own

At least the Betty and Barney Hill story come up with a real cracker...apparently the aliens flipped when Barney removed his false teeth, haha, scaring those old aliens Barney, good man!!  Then, again apparently, they became very interested in studying his dentures!!

( My nan used to drop her top set of teeth down if I had to give her a kiss goodnight when I was a nipper......used to FREAK me out big time, much to her amusement, then I couldn't sleep very well)

Now having aliens freak at seeing false teeth isnt in your typical abduction stories... but I can imagine it making sense

Edited by seeder, 27 June 2013 - 05:44 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#44    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:26 PM

Maybe we should weaponize the abductees!  Wait a sec, that's probably a really bad idea. lol

#45    lareina

lareina

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:48 AM

I believe people can get abducted and some might be taken more than others .I also believe people get  addicted to the thought and continue reliving the abduction over and over though it's not  happening .For those who want proof of such event should wait till it happens to them .When your being abducted usually your asleep . And have little or no memory or way of avoidance .As well as if you were to put a hidden camera wouldn't work for nothing . You can record an encounter only if they want you too. Not  when you feel that you can . At times they screw the electrical system causing blackouts. Cams and  cells don't function .Computers freeze or either don't work .So this might help with the video evidence many want from those who claimed being abducted.  Good luck to those who can't see and God be with the ones who can..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users