Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

US considering syrian 'no fly zone'

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#106    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 19 June 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

building Nukes and missiles in Cuba is a threat, like standing in your neighbors garden holding a kife
and USA putting nukes in Turkey even before we sent any to Cuba is not so friendly....

#107    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 19 June 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

With supporting other countries governments I say:
North Vietnam
China
Mongolia
Poland
North korea
Iran
Afghanistan
Cuba
Colombia
Panama
Grenada
East Germany
Serbia
Azerbaijan
Kazakhstan
Uzbekistan
Tajikistan

and others
This is an evasion of the truth and what is being discussed, and that is proper military invasion.
Since collapse of Soviet Union, Russia has repulsed an attack by Georgia against South Ossetia and Abkhazia, and done with minimum force. Georgian territory was only breifly encroached on, Tbilisi was not bombed and hardly any civilian casualies except for those South Ossetians killed by Georgia while they slept in their beds. South Ossetia and Abkhazia are NOT Georgia.

USA has invaded Iraq twice with huge loss of civilian life, and of course Afghanistan with far less reason that the Soviet Union in 1979, which at least was invited in by Afghan goverment. Yes I know the "stuff" that happpend beforehand. In fact I would say that Soviet involvement in Afghanistan cancels out American involvement in Vietnam, except outrageous use of Agent Orange of course, so perhaps for sake of brevity these two events need not be discussed. It does of course rather expose USA even more as an agressor, oh well....
The scales of death and destruction weigh very heavily against USA, and no sidestepping evasions and tautology will hide this. What happened at break up of Soviet Union in no way compares to what USA has done, and the fighting that took place was primarily internal, no great invasions by Russian forces.

Your list is ridiculous, a fantasy, you count support for other countries as war, I think you clutch at straws....

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri, 19 June 2013 - 06:01 PM.

#108    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,316 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

But Russia is supporting other countries his country can't politically get along with, while his country is supporting other countries that others can't get along with, and gosh darnit, that's not fair!  

So he'll remind you of Russia doing the same thing his own country does as a rhetorical excuse for repeated US invasions.

Showing the world the meaning of double standards:  Russia isn't allowed to protect its own peacekeepers on its own border.  The US can go half the world away with ships, tanks, guns and planes and start the shooting for whatever dipstick reason it wants.  

The western media will of course work hard to sanitize what a no-fly zone is as soon as it's administered.   No mention anywhere from any of them that it's an act of war.   We'll be at war with Syria now, which is goodie gumdrops for the neocons and Obama voters.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#109    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,158 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 19 June 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

Oh, i do, very much so, particularly when they were taking the forefront of the war against Germany, at a time when Roosevelt was desperately trying to persuade the US people to take an interest. The US won the war single handed?
Weak.....

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#110    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

El camion marveloso

• 26,381 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:31 AM

View Postand then, on 19 June 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

Weak.....
I don't know why you seem to be so keen to repoen the Cold War and rake over every crime against humanity perpertrated by the USSR, just because you believe that Putin is Evil.  I'm sure you're well aware of all the murky right-wing dictators and regimes which are hardly beacons of human rights or Freedom that the US has supported, or the countries that it's tried to destablise or (often democratically elected) leaders that it's tried to depose in pursuit of its interests. The point is that no nation, whatever it may try to make out, is innocent, and few are really in a position to point fingers at anywhere or describe anyone else as Evil, when international politics are vastly more complex than the black/white, good guys/bad guys idea that Oby or Cammy want to promote. And anyway, this is wandering way off the topic, which was to do with Syria and not how evil Russia is.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#111    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

View Postand then, on 19 June 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

Weak.....
This a self assesment of your religious and political positions I think.

#112    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

So, no fly zones. Actually an act of war to impose one, no different to blocking ports etc. But it seems when done by the Big Mac eaters, with a smile on their face and a "Have a nice day y'all" this becomes righteous democratic action, defending the weak and punishing the "bad guys". I read that in US drones are now used to spy on their own people. I rather think this is totalitarian action carried out by a sinister and evil regime. Therefore, to protect the American people from their own evil regime, a no-fly zone over the entire USA should be enforced. Have a nice day y'all, and I'm sure "God" will continue to bless America, as the regime leaders so like to tell us.. Posted Image

No insults to the American people, after all, I simply want to protect you from your evil regime that has it's bloody claws tight around your throats, communications and wallets :)

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri, 20 June 2013 - 11:01 AM.

#113    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

Blockaids have become sanctions.

There was never going to be a no-fly zone.  Assud called obama's bluff and obama blinked.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#114    Papagiorgio

Papagiorgio

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

• I'm just saying.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:16 PM

View PostTutankhaten-pasheri, on 20 June 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

So, no fly zones. Actually an act of war to impose one, no different to blocking ports etc. But it seems when done by the Big Mac eaters, with a smile on their face and a "Have a nice day y'all" this becomes righteous democratic action, defending the weak and punishing the "bad guys". I read that in US drones are now used to spy on their own people. I rather think this is totalitarian action carried out by a sinister and evil regime. Therefore, to protect the American people from their own evil regime, a no-fly zone over the entire USA should be enforced. Have a nice day y'all, and I'm sure "God" will continue to bless America, as the regime leaders so like to tell us.. Posted Image

No insults to the American people, after all, I simply want to protect you from your evil regime that has it's bloody claws tight around your throats, communications and wallets :)
So you can call the U.S. evil, but it's not okay to call Russia evil. That sounds like a double standard. :whistle:

I'm just saying.

#115    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

View PostPapagiorgio, on 20 June 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

So you can call the U.S. evil, but it's not okay to call Russia evil. That sounds like a double standard. :whistle:
You should perhaps read the huge heap of garbage Russophobic comments on this forum begore making such a post. And your whistling does not come from your mouth....

#116    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

El camion marveloso

• 26,381 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

View PostPapagiorgio, on 20 June 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

I think there's a tone of irony that perhaps passed you by.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#117    Papagiorgio

Papagiorgio

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

• I'm just saying.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

View PostTutankhaten-pasheri, on 20 June 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

You should perhaps read the huge heap of garbage Russophobic comments on this forum begore making such a post. And your whistling does not come from your mouth....
I see a lot of USophobic posts coming from you. I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy. I imagine that would make one touchy. You don't like it when it is done to your country, why would you do it to someone else's?

Edited by Papagiorgio, 20 June 2013 - 01:33 PM.

I'm just saying.

#118    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

View PostPapagiorgio, on 20 June 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

I see a lot of USophobic posts coming from you. I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy. I imagine that would make one touchy. You don't like it when it is done to your country, why would you do it to someone else's?
What! Have you bothered reading any posts in this thread and others? You suggest that some anti-Russian posters here can vomit out their nonsense day after day and I can make no reply?  I had this garbage yesterday on thread about Christianity where a poster did not like me posting there because I am not Christian. I think you live in some fantasy world if you think I will be silent in the face of attacks. I wonder who is "touchy" I wonder who the real hypocites are here....

#119    Papagiorgio

Papagiorgio

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

• I'm just saying.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:50 PM

View PostTutankhaten-pasheri, on 20 June 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

What! Have you bothered reading any posts in this thread and others? You suggest that some anti-Russian posters here can vomit out their nonsense day after day and I can make no reply?  I had this garbage yesterday on thread about Christianity where a poster did not like me posting there because I am not Christian. I think you live in some fantasy world if you think I will be silent in the face of attacks. I wonder who is "touchy" I wonder who the real hypocites are here....
I'm not saying you shouldn't defend your country, but why attack mine? I didn't post anti Russian comments. One person thinks Putin is evil, so therefore my whole country is a bunch of "Big Mac eaters".
And this is a discussion forum, so no matter your background you have every right to comment in any thread you wish.
I for one am glad the cold war is over, and don't want another one started. I think the U.S. should stay out of Syria. If Syria has been an ally to Russia, then Russia has every right to help their ally who is having problems.

I'm just saying.

#120    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,158 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:18 PM

View PostPapagiorgio, on 20 June 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

I'm not saying you shouldn't defend your country, but why attack mine? I didn't post anti Russian comments. One person thinks Putin is evil, so therefore my whole country is a bunch of "Big Mac eaters".
And this is a discussion forum, so no matter your background you have every right to comment in any thread you wish.
I for one am glad the cold war is over, and don't want another one started. I think the U.S. should stay out of Syria. If Syria has been an ally to Russia, then Russia has every right to help their ally who is having problems.
I agree with all of it.  I fear it has become personal between T and meself - my "TutBoy" comment didn't help but he pushes buttons....
Anyway... If * insert name* wants to revive the days of the USSR in all their glory then * insert name * would be evil in MY book.  That doesn't make them anything, it's just my opinion based on what I grew up seeing in Eastern Europe.  As you say...EVERYONE here is qualified to have an opinion.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users