Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

US considering syrian 'no fly zone'

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#46    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,076 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

View Postseeder, on 16 June 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

Big rally, demonstration at Whitehall right now.... Putin should be arriving for talks at No10!!  Oddly not much in the news.. but its on sky news live

thanks just turned sky news on. The rally at Whitehall is against the Turkish Government...and Putin and Cameron are going to talk to the press

within the hour!

#47    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Convoi exceptionnel

• 26,090 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:36 PM

View Postbee, on 16 June 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

thanks just turned sky news on. The rally at Whitehall is against the Turkish Government...and Putin and Cameron are going to talk to the press

within the hour!
So why are they protesting in Whitehall? Are they all Turkish? Why are they inconveniencing everyone with their protests here?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#48    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,573 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:47 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 16 June 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

So why are they protesting in Whitehall? Are they all Turkish? Why are they inconveniencing everyone with their protests here?
Maybe just to get T.V coverage, if not why don't they protest at the Turkish embassy?

#49    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,076 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:57 PM

I don't know.....it was Turkish people protesting about the Turkish Govt....it's chaos in Istanbul and another major city...

water cannon, chucking that CS gas around.....riot squads chasing protesters around the streets.

It started about the park...but it's widened to protesting about the  Islamification of Turkey. (from what I can gather)

Re the Cameron Putin news conference...lots of talk about common ground but no budging from either about Syria.

Putin even brought up the rebel eating the organs of one of the Syrian army....and posing the question about if it's

a good idea to support such people.

Cameron blaming everything on Assad....and making a point of saying...'genuine' Syrian rebels...

Though what he thinks the terrorist lot...the Al Qaeda lot are going to do....is any one's guess.

Just go home and say.....we'll leave it to you moderates now......those are lovely weapons you got there....good luck and goodbye... :no:

#50    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,573 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

Both leaders want change in order to help the Syrian people. Maybe Putin will put pressure on Assad when the rebels and the fighting stops

#51    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,076 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 16 June 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

Maybe just to get T.V coverage, if not why don't they protest at the Turkish embassy?

by protesting about the Turkish government there and then....it might have also been to show that they don't want Turkey being

involved in the Syria mess....and in effect were supporting Putin's stance.dunno. Even though they made him late... :)

But you could be right and it was to get TV coverage.....because they might not have got any otherwise.

What with Cameron and co being so closely allied with Turkey over the Syria war.

Putin bringing up the 'eating organs' thing has brought that to the main stream media...because I expect it has just been on the internet so far...

#52    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Convoi exceptionnel

• 26,090 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

View Postbee, on 16 June 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

I don't know.....it was Turkish people protesting about the Turkish Govt....it's chaos in Istanbul and another major city...

water cannon, chucking that CS gas around.....riot squads chasing protesters around the streets.

It started about the park...but it's widened to protesting about the  Islamification of Turkey. (from what I can gather)

Re the Cameron Putin news conference...lots of talk about common ground but no budging from either about Syria.

Putin even brought up the rebel eating the organs of one of the Syrian army....and posing the question about if it's

a good idea to support such people.

Cameron blaming everything on Assad....and making a point of saying...'genuine' Syrian rebels...

Though what he thinks the terrorist lot...the Al Qaeda lot are going to do....is any one's guess.

Just go home and say.....we'll leave it to you moderates now......those are lovely weapons you got there....good luck and goodbye... :no:

So the Turks are protesting about the Islamification of Turkey, and mr. C is keeping quiet about them, to avoid embarassing a valued Ally, while next door, the Rebel Alliance wants to make Syria a hardline Islamic state, and Mr. C is supporting them. There's food for thought, isn't it. :blush:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#53    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,076 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 16 June 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

So the Turks are protesting about the Islamification of Turkey, and mr. C is keeping quiet about them, to avoid embarassing a valued Ally, while next door, the Rebel Alliance wants to make Syria a hardline Islamic state, and Mr. C is supporting them. There's food for thought, isn't it. :blush:

:yes:

and while Turkish protesters in London are also demonstrating against the Turkish government chucking CS gas around on the streets of Istanbul...

and Ankara (think it's Ankara)......in essence,  gassing their own people....Cameron is going on about Assad gassing his own people.

:wacko:

meanwhile in Birmingham.... policemen have been attacked and one stabbed .....after a 'local man' a Somalian attacked another worshipper

in a mosque......and the police went in to break it all up.

#54    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

If you can't get attention, your protest fails.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#55    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,308 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

Bee, there is a huge differnce between tear gas and sarin gas.  One makes your eyes sting the other kills.  Everyone who joins the us army and maybe the other services, get gased once in basic training and the unit I was in once a year.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#56    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

View Postbee, on 16 June 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

meanwhile in Birmingham.... policemen have been attacked and one stabbed .....after a 'local man' a Somalian attacked another worshipper

in a mosque......and the police went in to break it all up.

a local birmingham somalian??
didn't realise the two were the same place!
small world ain't it.....
*disappears into the internet to find out more about the birmingham incident*

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#57    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Convoi exceptionnel

• 26,090 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

View Postshrooma, on 16 June 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

a local birmingham somalian??
didn't realise the two were the same place!
small world ain't it.....
*disappears into the internet to find out more about the birmingham incident*
http://www.bbc.co.uk...ingham-22924456

H. P. Lovecraft.

#58    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,076 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 16 June 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

The officer, who suffered chest and stomach injuries, fired a Taser at the knifeman but it did not halt him, Mr Murray said.

:o

looks like it was a mental health problem.....but the taser didn't  stop him.... :unsure2:

#59    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,340 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

View Postdanielost, on 16 June 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

Yes, the rebels hid behind trees and bushes.  While the british tried to fight old world style.  The only difference between the two time periods, is the americans did not attack civilians, the british did, accordihng to thhe movie, the patriot.

The US did in fact attack Civilians. They attacked Loyalists and forced many of them to leave the US and migrate to British North America (What is now Canada).

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#60    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,253 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

View Postbee, on 16 June 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

:o

looks like it was a mental health problem.....but the taser didn't  stop him.... :unsure2:

thats the thing when cops get over anxious, they forget to set the phazers tasers to stun

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users