Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

How old is "old enough"?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#31    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,007 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:47 AM

You know what does bother me, are the boy friends or girl friends.  That have having sex and said lover turns eightteen and mom or dad has them arrested for statuary rape and this nkids will have the title of pedafill for the rest of their lives.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#32    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:28 AM

View Postdanielost, on 16 June 2013 - 03:47 AM, said:

You know what does bother me, are the boy friends or girl friends.  That have having sex and said lover turns eightteen and mom or dad has them arrested for statuary rape and this nkids will have the title of pedafill for the rest of their lives.
Here in Victoria, Australia, the laws are as follows:

Age of consensual sex is 16 (Anyone can engage in consensual sexual activity with a person over the age of 16).

If they are under 16, there can be up to a 2 year age gap. Someone who is 17 can legally have sex with someone who is 15 etc. So an 18 year old would be breaking the law for being with a 15 year old.

The laws vary from state to state though.

->This protects younger people who could have a legitimate sexual relationship and are within 2 years of each others age.

Edit: Found the 'Age of consent laws' site http://www.aifs.gov....sheets/a142090/

VIC
Crimes Act 1958 (Section 45)
<www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/
vic/consol_act/ca195882>
The age of consent for sexual interactions is 16 years.
If a person is charged with engaging in sexual activities with a person under the legal age, a legal defence is outlined in section 45(4). It states that:

Consent is not a defence to a charge unless at the time of the alleged offence the child was aged 10 or older and -

(a) the accused satisfies the court on the balance of probabilities that he or she believed on reasonable grounds that the child was aged 16 or older; or
(B) the accused was not more than 2 years older than the child; or
© the accused satisfies the court on the balance of probabilities that he or she believed on reasonable grounds that he or she was married to the child.

Edited by Timonthy, 16 June 2013 - 04:29 AM.

Posted Image

#33    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

• -Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes... After that, who cares. Your a mile away and you have his shoes. -

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:44 AM

As Timothy said most states in Australia, the legal age is 16. But i don't find that right. Good luck to the bloke that sleeps with my daughter at that age.

~Today's mighty Oak is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground~

#34    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,275 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:51 AM

I don't understand why society doesn't distinguish between teenagers having sex, even with adults, because they want to, and pedophiles preying on children.  An arbitrary age rule is not any help.

#35    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,767 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:23 AM

View PostOdds, on 16 June 2013 - 05:44 AM, said:

As Timothy said most states in Australia, the legal age is 16. But i don't find that right. Good luck to the bloke that sleeps with my daughter at that age.
Are there double standards here or did you wait until an older age too?

Not trying to be disrespectful or a smart ass either, but there are a lot who have sex at or before 16 - and it's not necessarily a bad thing at all.

Posted Image

#36    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:55 AM

View PostTimonthy, on 16 June 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

Are there double standards here or did you wait until an older age too?

Not trying to be disrespectful or a smart ass either, but there are a lot who have sex at or before 16 - and it's not necessarily a bad thing at all.

Having sex before 16 is one thing, but settling down with a family is completely different..  A lot of people so young would rather have a number of partners but not enough to make a big commitment and want to settle down.. Many young people want to do more with their lives..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 16 June 2013 - 11:55 AM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#37    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,790 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

I believe the point is that this particular member is saying "good luck" to the dude who sleeps with his 16-year old daughter.  In other words, he'll tear a new hole in such a bloke.  But is it double standards?  Would a 16-year old dude have the same stigma against him?  As the old saying goes, a promiscuous dude is a stud, a promiscuous girl is a ****.  I don't necessarily agree with such a view (you know my views, I've been around here long enough for you to know my beliefs) but that is the gist of what is being said here, as far as I can tell.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#38    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,007 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

So in austrilia, if one person is sixteen and the other turns nineteen then mom can have him arrested for rape.

Florida has a law where if the younger one claims to be older than they are, they go to jail too.

There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#39    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,218 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

View Postdanielost, on 16 June 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

So in austrilia, if one person is sixteen and the other turns nineteen then mom can have him arrested for rape.

Florida has a law where if the younger one claims to be older than they are, they go to jail too.
Indeed they would he a co conspirator to the crime.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#40    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,218 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 16 June 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

I believe the point is that this particular member is saying "good luck" to the dude who sleeps with his 16-year old daughter.  In other words, he'll tear a new hole in such a bloke.  But is it double standards?  Would a 16-year old dude have the same stigma against him?  As the old saying goes, a promiscuous dude is a stud, a promiscuous girl is a ****.  I don't necessarily agree with such a view (you know my views, I've been around here long enough for you to know my beliefs) but that is the gist of what is being said here, as far as I can tell.
There is a difference. In general women handle  sex differently and carry all the risks of pregnancy. It's also easier for them to contract stds. Also, as I mentioned before older men outside of the girls peer group, most of the time are not seeking companionship, while women even young ones usually are. A much older man will probably not be introducing his 17 year old girl friend to his mother, co workers, holding her hand in public ......( insert any number of normal relationship activities). This is the major problem I have with age gaps. I do think it would be the same with an older female, but somehow I don't see the young make being that damaged by it.

Incidentally this thread sparked a dream I had last night. My wife switched bodies into a young female of early college age. ( for some reason it seemed perfectly in the natural order of things) now my wife is a very athletic petite philipina who runs marathons, she has no problem in the nice body department, but She gave me seductive taste but I had to go do something. I was hurrying while out but I got side tracked by large group of x students all about 9 years old totally decked out in paintball gear. They tried to get me to go with them, oh and my son was with them. I was torn, paintball with a bunch of kids or sex with my wife with her new body....... I ran home :D ( I love my dreams)

It was interesting because I did not mind haveing sex with a younger body, it was the woman behind the body I was makeing love to. But certainly on a primal level I enjoyed the change. This reflects my general views on the matter.

Edited by Seeker79, 16 June 2013 - 01:12 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#41    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,767 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 16 June 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

That's exactly what I meant. Seams kinda unfair hey!

View Postdanielost, on 16 June 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

16 and 19 is legal. Hell 16 and 90 is legal.

They could be arrested when they turn 16 and the other is 13, or 17 and 14, or 18 and 15.

And also I made 'him' bold and underscored because a girl would also be committing an illegal act doing the same thing.

Edit: As in if the female were the elder and the male younger.

Edited by Timonthy, 16 June 2013 - 02:59 PM.

Posted Image

#42    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,001 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:38 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 16 June 2013 - 05:51 AM, said:

I don't understand why society doesn't distinguish between teenagers having sex, even with adults, because they want to, and pedophiles preying on children.  An arbitrary age rule is not any help.

Personally I lost my cherry at 15 yo, with an older woman!  Not too much older but Id say she was early twenties.  I didn't feel violated I assure you! I was walking on air for a week after!  I never saw her again and didnt really give a fig...and I dont look back and think I was taken advantage of. I got what I wanted, she got what she wanted, (well I like to think she did after 20 seconds anyway!) :lol:

In fact a few of my mates say they slept with older women first.

Not to mention I had a serious crush on the music teacher at school and would have been happy to have got to know her better....

Its a funny old life isnt it, where a young man losing his cherry early, even with an older woman,  is something to be proud of, well among other young men that is I spose,

But put the shoe on the other foot, an older male sleeping with a 15 yo girl?  

Which reminds me of a recent news story about a 15 yo girl who ran away with her teacher

http://www.dailymail...months-ago.html

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#43    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,001 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

Ooh and lets not forget Priscilla was 14 years old when she met Elvis... and he was ten years older... (OK they 'met')

Edited by seeder, 16 June 2013 - 04:12 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#44    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

**F.A.O Anyone who does not have children of their own.**. This is something I have come to  fully understand...

Like my dad in his young single days, my brother was a womaniser...He was one of those that liked to get out with as many girls possible... He and his friends were forever in competition to see who can 'score the most' ..( If a girl acted the same way it would be frowned upon) ...When he did settle down, married and had 2 of his own daughters, he soon saw life a lot differently...He became more protective of his girls...He would be the type of man that would strongly oppose anyone taking advantage of his girls..If any guy hurt his girls, they would need to be good at running and hiding...He notes he will NOT stand for it.

He wants his two girls to go further at school  ( one of his girls has already gotten accepted into a good grammar  college ) and do more with their lives.. Basically, he is no different from many fathers like himself...
So many dads will naturally be more protective of their daughter/s ...My dad was the exact same... He had stricter rules for myself and my sister when dating and going out, not so much my brother...Well dare my sister and I bring a guy home...It was not permitted.well, not when we were just teenagers...

When I asked any father who I saw were so protective of their daughters, when it was ok for them to act wild when they were younger - Why? - Their answers where the same - "Because of how we acted and we know what guys are like, we now see things differently and there is NO WAY in hell we would want our girls mixing with guys who were just like us in our hay day"...

The amount of men I have seen calling their daughters - Daddys girl.. And some of them, even when walking their daughter down the aisle to give them away, say it was sad to let them go..   Mothers seem to be more like that when their sons go to marry  ( why they become the dreaded mother in law ) No one is good enough for their sons...

My hubby is the same with Becky.. He says he dreads the day she is going to marry, he doesn't want to see her grow up...This is a common feeling for many fathers where I come from...I doubt that will change ...

I think the only time a guy will see and fully understand is - A - when he has a daughter of his own that he loves....OR  B - He grew up with younger sister/s and felt he should be protective of them...

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 16 June 2013 - 05:12 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#45    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,007 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

Married with children.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users